1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 24 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 15 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 18 hours, 24 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36

Thread: The Arcanist Thread.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Oh, that's good to know. So the previous STACK CRITRAWR!!!! was just a marginal advantage this whole time? O_o

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Soda Pop
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Even with 2.1, there were some simulations that suggested that a DET-focused build was very marginally better than a Crit-focused build. IIRC it was something like 0.5% better.

Having said that, I remember reading on reddit that with the increases in primary stats from i110 gear in 2.2, Crit may now scale better than before. I'm no expert on damage formulae, but I too am just going with focusing on capping Acc, and going with as much Crit/Det while minimising Spell Speed. There are some niche cases where i100 may outperform i110 for SMN. For example, Mog Ex caster neck vs HA caster neck.

Crit scales linearly, like everything else.

There's no "better" part of a linear line.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Does Determination increase in power as your base damage goes up? If not, crit wins as you get more powerful (because it multiplies your base damage by... 1.5x, I think?). That is the point they were trying to get across.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

AFAIK, it doesn't multiply base by 1.5, it multiplies net by 1.5.