1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Arcanist Thread.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Garaku View Post
    I keep getting overwhelmed in the ACN 20 quest. I've tried going about it in different ways, but it generally ends up going south around the time the THM show up. Any tips on how to get past this?
    I had the exact same issue. Had no real problems with any other fights including Ifrit but this one messed me up. Leave it a couple of levels, go all out attack and make sure your gear is up to date. Don't run ahead, kill the mages asap and pray you don't get the lancers attention. Went in capped to 24 and it was simple. Had been pushing for Free Company access so hadn't unlocked any cross class abilities. I think they might help

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah, I don't recommend healing her as you could inadvertently draw hate on a large group of mobs that are on the other side of the bridge who would have just bee-lined for her.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Biggest lesson I learned here was:

Stand back. Let Carby and the NPC soak damage and tab through the mobs for the mage Mamool Ja Conjurer and the Hyur Thaumaturge.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

My tip for ACN20: Don't let the GLA NPC die. Move up to the far end of the bridge, prioritize mages/archers. If that allied GLA goes down it always seemed like 3-4 archers would spawn near the end and I guess players are next on the priority list.

Anyone knows where the Mildewed Goobbue is in Bloodshore? (Rank 4 Hunting Log)

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Evane View Post
    Anyone knows where the Mildewed Goobbue is in Bloodshore? (Rank 4 Hunting Log)
    http://xivdb.com/?monster/355/mildewed-goobbue

Thanks!

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Is it just me or does it feel like SCH fairies need to be unnecessarily close to your party before they decide to do anything?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Is it just me or does it feel like SCH fairies need to be unnecessarily close to your party before they decide to do anything?
    Haven't made it to that point, but depending on the mob type can you Place them next to the PT or use Obey and control it yourself? Or is that too much?

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I haven't noticed that, it always seems to move as soon as I do something and will move to heal someone who needs it despite distance.

The only thing I dislike about SCH is how hard it is to see if the fairy is healing. It shouldn't be possible to main heal with just SCH healing, but the fairy is stealth covering that shit.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Yeah I'd love to see who they're targeting and healing so I don't overheal them. This will be more important for harder content.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kainos View Post
    Don't know if this was posted but sch's fairy deactivated lamp by itself in hak manor dungeon
    Using the healing summon, I did not experience this last night during two attempts on the last boss. I gave the fairy a few seconds, then did it myself. In each case, I started pretty close to the lamp and waited for those few seconds while standing within range of the lamp. At this point I wouldn't recommend relying on your fairy to get this.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I must say that Arcanists kick serious butt in the early dungeons and on Ifrit. DoT mania, small nuking, backup healing, and extra tanking. Plus, on Ifrit, Emerald Carby is a wonderful ranged DD.

When I got to Ifrit and first entered the cave after the CS there were a ton of ACN and tanks sitting around with DF up.

I just said fuck it and sent random invites to 2 other ACN and a MRD that were hanging around, fight was easy as shit despite some of them having never done it before (tank included).

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Granted I only have one random Haukke and nothing else to base this on:

Healer fairy seems amazing as long as you place it close-ish to tank and melee people. Run I had was PLD ACN THM SCH (me) so it was just a matter of having it near the tank.

I tried using Support fairy but it seemed a lot stupider about remembering to heal anybody. It might be because I didn't try placing until I thought it sucked and switched to Healer, and the party was 3/4ths mages so I kept it close. Might just be confirmation bias telling me it sucks at healing people. Will retry with placing.

Overall SCH is a fun healer. If I run out of MP experimenting there's room for error between the fairy, Aetherflow, and Energy Drain. I disliked running out of MP on CNJ/WHM in earlier dungeons.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If party has mages other than yourself, I always use support, she's just too good. Not like there are problems with healing most of the time and for harder fights I just switch to healer fairy.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

how badly am i sucking, trying to do the level 30 arcanist quest, and just dying... am i missing something?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    how badly am i sucking, trying to do the level 30 arcanist quest, and just dying... am i missing something?
    That's the one on the ship right?

Use Topaz of course, step into the glowy field to get the toughness buff when you need it but you don't need to stay in it. Pick off ranged enemies first. If you have anything specific I can go into more detail but I don't remember having trouble with that one, sorry.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

yup, i wasn't focusing the enemies heals/ranged, changed it up and got it on the 4th try ^^ i suck

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ok so I've been playing primarily SMN and thus pumping all of my points into INT. Well I just did Stone Vigil as a SCH cause I didn't want to wait for queue times and it was rough w/o that extra mind... this is going to be difficult to play both of these jobs well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast