1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 12 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 21 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread: The Arcanist Thread.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by shepardG View Post
    If your farie goes down, just swiftcast it back up /shrug.
    That eliminates Swiftcast Resurrection though, which is nice to have in emergencies.

Nice, but not necessary if you're healing properly.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kari Arisu
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Scholars not having Leeches until 40 seems really dumb. Especially when you have people in Longstop who can't dodge Aiatar's breath attack. Even ignoring that, not being able to get rid of poison in that fight in general is pretty annoying.
    With a half decent tank it's easily doable, but sometimes I want to be able to win with the many below average tanks I receive.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Scholars not having Leeches until 40 seems really dumb.
    It's to the point where, since I play SMN outdoors and SCH for dungeons, I forgot I even had Leeches when I did Cutter's until someone in party asked.

Aside: Seems like support fairy won't use skill speed+ ability on her own. Intentional? I don't mind using it manually with positioning or simple "one always on" thing, just wondering.

Got some question... I'm Arcanist 26 now.

Previously, my post about Emerald > Topaz, in first 3 dungeons, which are still better statement.

However, once I stepped into 20, I realised that our Topaz is actually killing mobs faster than Emerald.

Specially case like this in Totorak, I went with Topaz. Someone aggro boss when Archer was still Viewing CS.
    We end up Gladiator, Conjurer and me with Topaz Babe.
    We tried, and Topaz tank almost 90% of the time and damage like 50%, while I made the rest dmg.
    Up until our CNJ ran out of MP to cure Gladiator, who is holding adds. We wiped at around 2-4%. (Judging from HP bar). Bare that at later stage, I didn't DoT much but focus to cure Topaz.

This case, really give me impression of why I think Topaz > Emerald post lvl 20.

Am I on wrong impression? Or you guys do see the different also?

I'm not sure... After work, I'll have to check what we actually gain at lvl 20+ that makes Topaz stronger than lvl 15+.

Emerald vs Topaz in Dungeon. Which will be better?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

It kind of boils down to:

Emerald:
    -Gust: 90 potency, 3 sec CD
    -Downburst: 80 pot AoE, 30 sec CD
    -Low maintenance since it stays back

Topaz:
    -Auto attack (potency?)
    -Gouge: 70 potency, 3 sec CD
    -Shining Topaz: 70 potency, 30 sec CD
    -AoE can disrupt crowd control

Over time Emerald will probably pull ahead.

The Arcanist Thread.

Not too sure ...
    Perhaps something to do with Job Traits -
    Enhanced Pet Action
    20% chance of increasing spell speed by 20% when pet deals critical damage.
    Duration: 8s

Also, book are mostly on Int Mnd and Vit. Some has determination on.
    I was wondering that could be a factor?

I'm trying to figure out, what would actually from Master to affect Pet's DPS.

P.s. not sure this has mentioned. Bio and Bio II do stack.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    Not too sure ...
    Perhaps something to do with Job Traits -
    Enhanced Pet Action
    20% chance of increasing spell speed by 20% when pet deals critical damage.
    Duration: 8s

Also, book are mostly on Int Mnd and Vit. Some has determination on.
    I was wondering that could be a factor?

I'm trying to figure out, what would actually from Master to affect Pet's DPS.

P.s. not sure this has mentioned. Bio and Bio II do stack.
    Its been theorized (has anyone proved?) that your INT stats will increase their DPS. There is also a simple test you can do to see if our stats will increase theirs. Take off all your gear and summon. Put your gear back on and summon. Note the difference, if any, in their HP. If your VIT stat effects them I'm sure our INT stat would as well.

The problem with your theory is that INT should effect both pets, not just Topaz. Anything that increases Topaz's DPS will also increase Emerald's DPS. There may be a point when Topaz can pull ahead, but we'd need to parse to see it most likely.

Question about SCH; after reading the past few posts I'm concerned about some of these dungeons. As a fresh character, do you suggest getting at least Swiftcast if not Swiftcast AND Stoneskin before getting into Brayflox and above? I haven't started THM yet, but CNJ is at 20 or 21.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Emerald deals more damage overall and if you're not DoTing to focus on healing you're losing even more damage. As far as I've noticed INT affects all sorts of pet damage including physical attacks from Topaz/Titan and Ifrit.

Question about SCH; after reading the past few posts I'm concerned about some of these dungeons. As a fresh character, do you suggest getting at least Swiftcast if not Swiftcast AND Stoneskin before getting into Brayflow and above? I haven't started THM yet, but CNJ is at 20 or 21.
    Get Swiftcast as soon as possible, Stoneskin is a very nice bonus but not really a must until higher levels.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    Question about SCH; after reading the past few posts I'm concerned about some of these dungeons. As a fresh character, do you suggest getting at least Swiftcast if not Swiftcast AND Stoneskin before getting into Brayflow and above? I haven't started THM yet, but CNJ is at 20 or 21.
    We've done everything up to 38 with no Swiftcast so far. Brayflox has been the only real standout area where SCH felt lacking, you're gonna be pretty much completely reliant on your tank avoiding the breath attack (which was a bitch on EU ping!) or you'll have to work hard to keep them up, Antidotes don't clear the poison and once it stacks up it does crazy damage. Stoneskin is shit so I wouldn't worry about getting that. Swiftcast is nice so you'll definitely want it but it's not a necessity. We've used ACN and SCH to solo heal everything with no issues, only thing we've wiped to is beeeeees in Qarn learning the mechanics.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Get Swiftcast as soon as possible, Stoneskin is a very nice bonus but not really a must until higher levels.
    I emphatically agree with this. Even outside of the "Oh Shit" fast-cast battle rez, movement becomes a progressively bigger deal and there is no flash heal in this game.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    It's to the point where, since I play SMN outdoors and SCH for dungeons, I forgot I even had Leeches when I did Cutter's until someone in party asked.

Aside: Seems like support fairy won't use skill speed+ ability on her own. Intentional? I don't mind using it manually with positioning or simple "one always on" thing, just wondering.
    Do you have your pet locked in Obey instead of Sic? That could be it.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    Do you have your pet locked in Obey instead of Sic? That could be it.
    Pretty sure it's always in Sic; I don't even tell the fairy to do either, just Place and Heel. Also thought that Sic/Obey settings only applied for one mob at a time.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Pretty sure it's always in Sic; I don't even tell the fairy to do either, just Place and Heel. Also thought that Sic/Obey settings only applied for one mob at a time.
    Once you put them into Sic or Obey, the behavior stays until you designate the other. So for dungeons where people sleep shit, one click on Obey and I don't have to worry about Ifrit blowing everything up with Flaming Crush for the rest of the dungeon.

Only time it resets is when you summon a new pet. All newly summoned pets are automatically put in Sic.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Ah, good to know then.

Edit: Since I don't have Garuda yet just wondering: is she basically an upgrade on Emerald the same way Titan was an upgrade on Topaz?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ah, good to know then.

Edit: Since I don't have Garuda yet just wondering: is she basically an upgrade on Emerald the same way Titan was an upgrade on Topaz?
    Yes. She deals slightly more damage but all her abilities do the same thing.

Also Miasma II stacks but has no effect on Fester. Loving debuffs> Contagion> Bane so far.

Are Garuda/Titan just encountered along the main story or do you have to get the fights from your GC/somewhere else?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Main story, like Ifrit.

My pet is always on Sic and it has never used skill speed buff without my command. It uses Spell Speed because it directly benefits the SCH (and Eos will use all her skills without direction too). Seems weird to me.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Main story, like Ifrit.
    Main mission stories or Summoner class quests? Thanks in advance for clarifying /bow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast