1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -4 hours, -47 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Justice Reborn
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Primary stats for each class, 2.0 style

I'm not sure if things have changed from 1.0 stat allocation to 2.0, but I came across this site that had guides for each class:
    http://www.ffxivguild.com/ff14-arr-what-stats-guide/

In short, it basically says this:

Gladiator/Paladin
    Overall GLD/PLD stat importance: VIT > STR > DEX > Parry > Determination > Skill Speed
    GLD/PLD Stat allocation: VIT> STR > DEX

Lancer/Dragoon
    Overall LNC/DRG stat importance: STR > Critical Chance > Determination > VIT > Skill Speed > DEX
    LNC/DRG Stat allocation: STR > VIT > DEX

Marauder/Warrior
    Overall MRD/WAR stat importance: VIT > STR > DEX > Parry > Determination > Skill Speed
    MRD/WAR Stat allocation: VIT > STR > DEX

Pugilist/Monk
    Overall PUG/MNK stat importance: VIT > STR > DEX > Parry > Determination > Skill Speed
    PUG/MNK Stat allocation: STR > VIT > DEX

Archer/Bard
    Overall ARC/BRD stat importance: DEX > Critical Chance > Determination > PIE > Skill Speed > VIT
    ARC/BRD Stat allocation: DEX > PIE > VIT

Thaumaturge/Black Mage
    Overall THM/BLM stat importance: INT > Critical Chance > Determination > PIE > Spell Speed > VIT
    THM/BLM Stat allocation: INT > PIE > VIT

Conjurer/White Mage
    Overall CNJ/WHM stat importance: MND > PIE > Determination > Spell Speed > Critical Chance > VIT
    CNJ/WHM Stat allocation: MND > PIE> VIT

Arcanist/Scholar
    Overall ACN/SCH stat importance: MND > Determination > PIE > Spell Speed > Critical Chance > VIT
    ACN/SCH Stat allocation: MND > PIE> VIT

Arcanist/Summoner
    Overall ACN/SMN stat importance: INT > Critical Chance > Determination > PIE > Spell Speed > VIT
    ACN/SMN Stat allocation: INT > PIE > VIT

For "stat allocation," it basically says "put all into 1st until you can't, then all into 2nd until you can't, then into 3rd." Each individual class guide gives reasons for what it suggests, but I was curious of the reception of these suggestions. For example, the Lancer guide makes no mention of PIE, whereas I know it was a consideration in 1.0. So, obviously, things have changed.

What do you think? Looks good to you? What would you change, and why?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Going full VIT on GLA or MRD hasn't been proven to be best yet as far as I know. The damage difference was pretty small from the parser post in the Marauder thread, but the damage mitigation from STR may be the deciding factor. I believe you get 15HP per point of VIT at 50? That would be 450HP. If the damage mitigation from the STR bonus saves more HP than that overall I believe that STR would be better. Of course this is barring some OHKO move that you need large amounts of HP for that you could only have by pumping all you points into VIT.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Block and Parry are based on STR, so I've heard a lot of GLA/PLD dumping their points into that for greater damage reduction. Obviously a tradeoff against Max HP, but since we don't have the numbers crunched yet...

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    The damage difference was pretty small from the parser post in the Marauder thread, but the damage mitigation from STR may be the deciding factor.
    Can you link to this thread? Is it on these forums?

Edit: Nvm found it: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/117...ior-Discussion

I like to eat food
    BG Level

I can try but I believe it was nuked. It was in the Marauder/Warrior topic that Churchill posted that was laden with sarcasm, but also useful information. The formatting was not appreciated.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

STR certainly has the most bang for its buck in my opinion. Melee damage, parried damage, and blocked damage. 3 for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokitoki View Post
    I can try but I believe it was nuked. It was in the Marauder/Warrior topic that Churchill posted that was laden with sarcasm, but also useful information. The formatting was not appreciated.
    I think you mean the Greatest Earth Warrior thread and thank you for your continued patronage.

Simple debate, damage mitigation is everything damage, HP is burst. If you have the HP to survive burst (or combo burst) or dodge said moves like a non-bad, then HP isn't worth it. If you're not confident in your healers or you use DF, by all means get that 450HP safety net. This is assuming that 450 isn't needed for a burst threshold. I'm currently over 6k with Defiance active and haven't been close to one shot including a 3 nail Hellfire from Ifrit Hard.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnghellicKarma View Post
    Arcanist/Summoner
    Overall ACN/SMN stat importance: INT > Critical Chance > Determination > PIE > Spell Speed > VIT
    ACN/SMN Stat allocation: INT > PIE > VIT
    Small mistype. I imagine you were copy/pasting format.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Why are DEX and Parry listed so high in overall stat performance for Pugilist/Monk? Isn't it just Ranged Attack power and some sort of parry/block increase? Or was it just because you were copying/pasting and missed that?

edit: I guess it shows that listed on that guide website too. >.> /confused

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    Why are DEX and Parry listed so high in overall stat performance for Pugilist/Monk? Isn't it just Ranged Attack power and some sort of parry/block increase? Or was it just because you were copying/pasting and missed that?

edit: I guess it shows that listed on that guide website too. >.> /confused
    Didn't even notice that. Should be more like STR >>> VIT > Determination > Skill Speed in my opinion. Mostly because of the TP use keeping Greased Lightning up constantly.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Has it been explored if DEX would be worth it for GLD/PLD? If it gives you a significant block rate boost I can imagine it being useful. I'm probably wrong but something I was wondering about.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Preference for most part I guess, but I like doing a little more damage as PLD. The extra HP doesn't look appealing when most of my deaths are from terrible healers or party being slow (Qarn's 1st boss with bee adds not being killed in time). If your reaction is up to par, you should be able to dodge most aoe designed to be avoidable (like cutter's cry boss). But then again my experience is limited up to the Lv38 dungeon.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    San Solara
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Has it been explored if DEX would be worth it for GLD/PLD? If it gives you a significant block rate boost I can imagine it being useful. I'm probably wrong but something I was wondering about.
    There's not a lot of info on it, but what there is suggests that it has wide tiers like str based mitigation, and similarly only increases by 1% per tier. We'll probably have to wait until someone is willing to risk wasting a respec and doing the endless parsing to find out for sure, but it doesn't appear to be a significant boost.

Ridill
    BG Level

to delve into the hp vs mitigation discussion, we should probably just use the WoW terminology:

Effective Health.

Effective Health is the combination of your total health pool, plus any *ALWAYS ON* damage reduction-- basically, armor and anything that's a flat -x% damage. Forget avoidance/blocking and whatever. What you're looking at with Effective Health is a worst case scenario, which means your avoidance failed.

What's the point?

Well, to put it simply, it's to figure out exactly what will happen to you in a worst case scenario.

As a general rule, you will want to make your EH high enough that even with bad avoidance and a boss special + melee at the same time, you're still standing long enough for the healer to keep you up.

At that point, you can largely forget hp and go all out on avoidance. You should definitely prioritize hp/armor/reduction% up until that point, because if you can't survive when your avoidance fails, well, you're fucked.

FFXI pretty much never really had that concern, because there was basically nothing that would gib you with multiple hits. It was either 1 shot mechanics or healers ooming or whatever that would kill you. If you had shit like a breath + melee killing you, it was because you were standing in the wrong spot and took way more damage than necessary from the breath.

tl:dr--

You want enough HP to survive your basic worst case scenario (not group is wiping, just you take a couple melee and a special all close together so you need hp buffer for healer to get their cast off).

At that point you should prioritize damage avoidance/reduction and output.

So, question:

Why does BRD want pie?

Please tell me it's not basically brd/whm just with stuff to do in between maging at endgame ; ;

Daniel Rand
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    So, question:

Why does BRD want pie?

Please tell me it's not basically brd/whm just with stuff to do in between maging at endgame ; ;
    I was curious about this^ don't bard songs burn mp so more mp=longer songs?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I believe the other BG came up with BRD base PIE being adequate if the BRD uses an Ether. Basically 2 BRDs rotating Paeon to keep TP up for big fights.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

That says MND is best for WHM, but why is spell speed being discounted so much? I thought spell speed reduced your GCD as well as cast time. Obviously MND is the best stat, but it seems spell speed should be more important than determination.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I've got a comfortable HP cushion, so I'm going to dump my points into STR at this point. Parry is nice, and I want to parry moar.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    That says MND is best for WHM, but why is spell speed being discounted so much? I thought spell speed reduced your GCD as well as cast time. Obviously MND is the best stat, but it seems spell speed should be more important than determination.
    At this point even stacking as much spell speed as possible the returns are terrible. Skillspeed and Spellspeed I imagine will be come more relevant with level cap raises. Personally I go MND >VIT for WHM, a bigger HP pool is always a good thing.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    I've got a comfortable HP cushion, so I'm going to dump my points into STR at this point. Parry is nice, and I want to parry moar.
    Str effects how much a parry blocks but not how often you parry

even then its tiered so its quite possible that putting 30 points into Str gives no defensive value