1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 25 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    They're doing the right thing, but it only served to make me realize that their original free trial was 14 days instead of the usual 30 days. People have been hanging on to this game for years waiting for you to get your shit together, and you're going to nickel and dime them at the end? Kind of pissed me off.
    People who have bought the game new get 30 days trial. Legacy players got 14. Someone has told me that legacy was supposed to get 2 months or something, idk about that though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The free trial is 30 days if you bought the game or a new version of it and 14 if you bought the original version. I don't know where the 2 months comes from but it was never mentioned anywhere.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

if you bought both you get 44 days.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I was just looking into sub fees today (I loved XI, but was wary about trying to get into this). What happened to this being a F2P after relaunch?

I have watched quite a bit of gameplay and it looks like a F2P game, how is it up to $15/month?

I think I got in the mood to dust off my old Tera account instead...

Plus, wtf DL only available from SE website (which looks like a cheap F2P site)? Resources devoted to selling the game rather than running it?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Wut

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Anyone kindly explain to a tech noob how exactly new worlds and reduced duty finder queue help already crowded servers for concurrent logins if there aren't any free transfers to distribute the population from those worlds to the news ones?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Dryr View Post
    What happened to this being a F2P after relaunch?
    Are you high?

Quote Originally Posted by Halion View Post
    Anyone kindly explain to a tech noob how exactly new worlds and reduced duty finder queue help already crowded servers for concurrent logins if there aren't any free transfers to distribute the population from those worlds to the news ones?
    Partially it's because some people can't even make characters atm.

But, I agree and I am keeping my fingers crossed they are going to allow transfers even though they haven't said anything yet. It stands to reason they will.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Halion View Post
    Current cap on server has been put because the DF server couldn't handle so many people at once. After separating the DF into groups they will be increasing the cap so more people can get in. Probably won't be enough to hold everyone that wants to play, so yeah, free transfers would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryr View Post
    I was just looking into sub fees today (I loved XI, but was wary about trying to get into this). What happened to this being a F2P after relaunch?

I have watched quite a bit of gameplay and it looks like a F2P game, how is it up to $15/month?

I think I got in the mood to dust off my old Tera account instead...

Plus, wtf DL only available from SE website (which looks like a cheap F2P site)? Resources devoted to selling the game rather than running it?
    We are talking about FFXIV right? Yeah if you haven't played yet, and don't know why everyone is trying to get into the game and can't, then I think you should just stick to videos and play more Tera....

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Current cap on server has been put because the DF server couldn't handle so many people at once. After separating the DF into groups they will be increasing the cap so more people can get in. Probably won't be enough to hold everyone that wants to play, so yeah, free transfers would be a good idea.
    Agree, and SE said long ago that transfers would be available mid September.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Details on the trial extension, including the extension period, will be released in a separate post as soon as they have been solidified.
    Did this ever get posted? I think Mog station says free trial ends on Tuesday, but I didn't know if that was still being decided. Also, it's mid-September, how about them transfers?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    Did this ever get posted? I think Mog station says free trial ends on Tuesday, but I didn't know if that was still being decided. Also, it's mid-September, how about them transfers?
    No idea for transfers as for Free extension, you should've got 7 more days on mog station

Like me my next payment is October 17

(Normal 1.0 extension till September 9th + 1month due to PS3 activation + 7 days due to this)

I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, but my free trial came up tonight from being a 1.0 player. I received the fantasia potion to change my appearance. The problem is my 30 day Subscription started today and I got the hand cursor minion and another fantasia. Being I have 1 potion already it won't let me pull the minion or the potion from the del moogle. Wonder if I have 2 potions i can change my appearance twice? Or do I have to toss the 1 fantasia just to receive the minion? Seems kinda weird I can't just grab the minion.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Just stick one of em on your retainer, the other thats in the mail will go into your bag once thats done

Vuitton

I am pretty sure the game checks our retainers/everything now when determining whether you have a unique item already.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    I am pretty sure the game checks our retainers/everything now when determining whether you have a unique item already.
    They don't. I have 3 U/U Phoenix downs across me and my retainers.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That or just use the first potion. You don't have to change your appearance right away, you can still log in normally. Not sure it the option to change in the character menu expires, but I would imagine not.

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    They don't. I have 3 U/U Phoenix downs across me and my retainers.
    Where do phoenix downs come from? Never heard of them until now.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    Where do phoenix downs come from? Never heard of them until now.
    Quests. Not sure if you need to have accepted the 47+ stuff from Waking Sands directing you to the locations but one is from Quarrymill, one from that place NW of Aleport, and one from the Bluefog-ish area. I think the alternate option for those quests is an Elixir or something which can be crafted. Phoenix Downs cannot.

Based on description they act like Raise as used by a non-WHM (so no using it in battle). As such I haven't had a chance to try using one.

i did what brozy and a few others mentioned, I put one on my retainer and was able to get the other one.