1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Free trial extension and server info

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...17#post1132817

Login Issue Update
    I know many of you are still affected by the World login and character creation restrictions, so I would like to give you all a brief update on the progress of the measures we are taking to alleviate this situation.

Current Server Status

To ensure as many players as possible can log in and create characters on existing servers, our development and operations teams are monitoring server load and population around the clock, placing and removing restrictions with even the slightest fluctuation in numbers in order to maintain near-full capacity on each World. We are still experiencing maximum concurrent connection numbers of over 230,000 users. This number, however, has taxed some of our instance servers, and is causing unexpected down time here, as well.

Scheduled Maintenance for Wednesday, September 4 (Japan Time)

The addition of new Worlds, as well as the adjustments to the duty finder servers, will be complete as of tomorrow. We will then enter our final internal testing phase of these features in preparation. If the results from these tests are favorable, we will conduct an extended all-World maintenance on Wednesday (Japan time). Once the new Worlds are implemented and the duty finder server load has been redistributed over smaller World server groups, we believe that many of the login issues that players are currently experiencing will clear.

When Worlds do finally reopen after the maintenance, we expect a rush of players trying to log back in. To prevent any further login issues, we will be using the utmost caution when restarting each World. Please understand that there may be some congestion at this time.

The development and operations teams are currently dedicating their full resources to alleviating the issues at hand and providing all of our players with a stable environment in which to experience the realm of Eorzea.

Free Trial Extension

To apologize to our loyal fans who may not have been able to login or create characters during early access and the days immediately following launch, the development and operations teams are currently considering providing all player accounts with an additional seven days to their free trials. This includes non-legacy players from 1.0, who will be given new seven-day free trials. Trial extensions will be awarded after the aforementioned server maintenance on Wednesday. Details on the trial extension, including the extension period, will be released in a separate post as soon as they have been solidified.

We thank our fans again for the overwhelming support you have shown us over the past week. The response to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn has well exceeded our expectations, and unfortunately resulted in our inability to provide the service which we originally intended. We humbly ask for your continued patience as we work to alleviate the issues as we truly appreciate all of our fans. We are very sorry for the frustration that has resulted from these problems.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer & Director Naoki Yoshida

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Glad to see they're doing the right thing.

A. Body
    BG Level

Pretty much, I was hoping they'd do this. I really like this game and I might pay for it, but I don't feel I got enough out of the trial.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Whattt? They better be in talks to increase that, this has been going on since the 24th. By my count this shenanigans has been going on for way more then 7 days.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think a whole week is pretty generous, though I wasn't even asking for any compensation at all.

If the server fix ends up being a bust though, I think I'll just stop playing for awhile. I've been pretty close to raging at this point.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Whattt? They better be in talks to increase that, this has been going on since the 24th. By my count this shenanigans has been going on for way more then 7 days.
    31-24=7.

wat

Nut Steamer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Maths a bitch but yeah I was expecting a bit more than a week, as the server problems will continue. Hopefully we get a free world transfer when the service becomes available. I heard they gave us a chance to switch worlds during summer or sth, but wasn't really following the news at the time :F

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's been exactly one week lol.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

7 days was enough for me to get 46 whm playing between login issues, full time work, and full time school. If that's not enough trial i don't know what is.

Can't dazzle with brilliance, Baffling with bullshit.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Taube Teirn
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    31-24=7.
    ... + 4 = 11 days extension to free trial we should get as it ain't fixed yet.
    Hopefully it will be by wednesday.

Got into Cerberus this morning but I was stupid and logged out for few hours when I went out
    Now I can't even see the NA/EU server list.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The way he worded it didn't include any extra days.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    31-24=7.

wat
    Sorry, that was a bit mean. I just really don't like you. The problem won't be fixed by the end of day 7, my point stands. Go away.

BG Level

lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It'll be fixed like one week after launch. Early access does not really count as it was an extra to begin with and you didn't pay anything to get it (unless you bought a code on Ebay for whatever reason).

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    It'll be fixed like one week after launch. Early access does not really count as it was an extra to begin with and you didn't pay anything to get it (unless you bought a code on Ebay for whatever reason).
    Careful Lucavi will come bitch you trying to prove to you that he paid for EA

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    GODS

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Sorry, that was a bit mean. I just really don't like you. The problem won't be fixed by the end of day 7, my point stands. Go away.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Teehee.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

They're doing the right thing, but it only served to make me realize that their original free trial was 14 days instead of the usual 30 days. People have been hanging on to this game for years waiting for you to get your shit together, and you're going to nickel and dime them at the end? Kind of pissed me off.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Not bad, though I'd rather take a one time free a server transfer so I can get on a NA server.

If they mentioned that already, ignore that post. Been too busy to dig around.