1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I've also disliked using the lumbers, since at the same levels (which is what I'm doing leveling all crafts together) the crafting materials complimented each other, which means that blacksmith or some other crafts at around the same level would use the lumbers for the basic materials for their respective leve quests. Which seems a more efficient uses of the lumbers instead of dumping 15 HQs just for carpentry leve alone.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Also should contribute, for Weaver 40-50, the triple turn in in Uldah for Linen Deerstalker is by far the most cost efficient leves you can do. It only requires one velveteen, which is one diremiteweb and a bunch of linen, and then some more linen, summing up to about 2k gold total per item(well it was that on my server and back when I checked, counting the shards) while the other 40 triple turn in was about 5k per item due to using a fairly large amount of fleece. The level 45 triple turn ins are both using 10+ fleeces and while they reward more gold, they cost 6k+ to make. So I just made a lot of linen deerstalkers and saved a lot of money. If money isn't an issue might as well do wool for 45-50 as it's more leve efficient.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The reason you didn't like the mahogany leve was you were buying stuff and therefore spending lots of gil anyway. I simply spammed out lumber with a macro, didn't bother hqing it, and turned in nq. If you are leveling botany you should have a metric shit ton of mahogany logs. I wonder what the difference ended up being between the gil you spent and the gil I gained.

My approach with leves were always to spend the least amount of gil possible. Leves may be a limited resource (although, they do refresh for free), but gil is a much more important limited resource to me.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Pyros Eien View Post
    Also should contribute, for Weaver 40-50, the triple turn in in Uldah for Linen Deerstalker is by far the most cost efficient leves you can do. It only requires one velveteen, which is one diremiteweb and a bunch of linen, and then some more linen, summing up to about 2k gold total per item(well it was that on my server and back when I checked, counting the shards) while the other 40 triple turn in was about 5k per item due to using a fairly large amount of fleece. The level 45 triple turn ins are both using 10+ fleeces and while they reward more gold, they cost 6k+ to make. So I just made a lot of linen deerstalkers and saved a lot of money. If money isn't an issue might as well do wool for 45-50 as it's more leve efficient.
    Lv 40 Leve in Coerthas observatory requires linen tights which is only linen yarn and undyed linen.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

My LTW is stuck around lv20 due to Aldgoat materials. Not sure about other worlds, but Aldgoat Skin/Leather is very expensive on mine. Of course I can farm them but I feel it will be very time consuming. I can as well buy them straight from the market, but the price... Such a dilemma. Anyone has any advice how to best proceed?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Lv 40 Leve in Coerthas observatory requires linen tights which is only linen yarn and undyed linen.
    Linen Tights is 35. Deerstalker is 40. Can be worth sticking to linen tights as they're even cheaper yeah, I did them until 40 then went deerstalkers as it was more leve efficient.

On the last 2 posts, I should say the issue for me is the priority is leve efficiency > gold efficiency > time efficiency. That means I value leves that give the best xp for the least allowances more so than gold(however in the case of weaver the difference was way too big in my opinion on the lvl 45 ones). I didn't like mahogany because it was innefficient, you need a lot of turn ins even if you turn in HQ due to giving less xp, and if you do NQ it's horribly inefficient. One leve with NQ turn ins is 79.6k xp while a single jade crook HQ turn in is 305k. Yes it costs more gold to do the jadecrook, but you also get more gold out of it(HQ is also 3x gold not just 3x xp, that's 2000golds per turn in for 3jade crooks, which is more than what they cost).

If you need to level only one specific tradeskill or haven't been using leves much and have plenty to spare, sure it's a decent tradeoff but I burned a large amount of leves on botanist early on to be able to gather and sell unspoiled materials when not many people could do the same, and since then I've been using my leves as they repop on crafting skills, leveling all of them one by one, so I can't like spend 20leves on carpenter to do 45-50 when I could use these leves to level GSM or ARM or BSM.

Ymmv I guess, I was just pointing out that I disliked that leve because it was in my opinion innefficient.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Kiseki View Post
    My LTW is stuck around lv20 due to Aldgoat materials. Not sure about other worlds, but Aldgoat Skin/Leather is very expensive on mine. Of course I can farm them but I feel it will be very time consuming. I can as well buy them straight from the market, but the price... Such a dilemma. Anyone has any advice how to best proceed?
    Bite the bullet and farm the skins. The good thing about it is that you will profit with every HQ unless you had to buy the Alumen at some obscene price. Buying the skins off the market is a definite huge gil loss and I don't recommend it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Linen Tights is 35. Deerstalker is 40. Can be worth sticking to linen tights as they're even cheaper yeah, I did them until 40 then went deerstalkers as it was more leve efficient.
    Oh ok. My mistake.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    The reason you didn't like the mahogany leve was you were buying stuff and therefore spending lots of gil anyway. I simply spammed out lumber with a macro, didn't bother hqing it, and turned in nq. If you are leveling botany you should have a metric shit ton of mahogany logs. I wonder what the difference ended up being between the gil you spent and the gil I gained.

My approach with leves were always to spend the least amount of gil possible. Leves may be a limited resource (although, they do refresh for free), but gil is a much more important limited resource to me.
    I agree with you, but yea I do all of my lumbering through botany, but it's just that I'm also leveling all crafts simultaneously, and thus the HQ lumber I use for other crafts that uses it, and NQ I sell, I've chosen to turn in HQs only.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Bite the bullet and farm the skins. The good thing about it is that you will profit with every HQ unless you had to buy the Alumen at some obscene price. Buying the skins off the market is a definite huge gil loss and I don't recommend it.
    I agree with this, and even better is that alumen mining location is right next to the skin farming place.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kurai Entreri
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by solidgryffin View Post
    Lvl 30 armour
    eyes on a hard body: make a decorated buckler
    Hq brings the reward to 71k.
    Can easily hq these starting at 30 with hq materials.
    This needs to be corrected. It needs another buckler, which needs another buckler. And insane amount of steps. And surprise, the leve isnt even for the decorated buckler but the Bull Hoplon, which is infinitely simpler to make.
    I almost bought the mats to go on a crafting spree when something told me to confirm the item before hand.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by TheGlow View Post
    This needs to be corrected. It needs another buckler, which needs another buckler. And insane amount of steps. And surprise, the leve isnt even for the decorated buckler but the Bull Hoplon, which is infinitely simpler to make.
    I almost bought the mats to go on a crafting spree when something told me to confirm the item before hand.
    There is both a Bull Hoplon and Decorated Buckler (triple) leve at that level (link)

Only reason you wouldn't be seeing the latter is that you haven't unlocked leves at Costa del Sol on a battle class.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kurai Entreri
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

My apologies then. It just seemed that one was a lot more work than it was worth.
    My highest battle class is GLD at 37, but I havent been unlocking leves all over yet.
    Wasnt sure if that first leve they make you do cost an allowance and not sure if I intended to any other leves from them.
    Armorer is 39, so Ill look to start doing that at 40 again.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TheGlow View Post
    My apologies then. It just seemed that one was a lot more work than it was worth.
    My highest battle class is GLD at 37, but I havent been unlocking leves all over yet.
    Wasnt sure if that first leve they make you do cost an allowance and not sure if I intended to any other leves from them.
    Armorer is 39, so Ill look to start doing that at 40 again.
    You can start HQ'ing Mythril Ingots fairly soon, if not at your current level. 65K a pop, one full sprint gets you to the leve NPC and the quest NPC so it requires minimal effort. Only downside is the obvious usage of one leve per turn in.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by fren. View Post
    You can start HQ'ing Mythril Ingots fairly soon, if not at your current level. 65K a pop, one full sprint gets you to the leve NPC and the quest NPC so it requires minimal effort. Only downside is the obvious usage of one leve per turn in.
    I can only speak for my server (Balmung), but I could actually purchase HQ mythril ingots off of the market board (~800g) for cheaper than the ~1k gil the leve rewards. I don't think I crafted a single damn thing from 35 to 50, except what was required by the class quests. It was glorious.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kurai Entreri
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by fren. View Post
    Thats what I did pretty much to 35-38, and wanted a break. I think Im down to 15-18 allowances.
    I might want to use them on culinarian as all those mats were frigging annoyin just to hit lvl 15.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neviskio Mordekaiser
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Crushridge

Sniped from reddit: http://www.gameskinny.com/4rc10/ffxi...le-leves-guide

I think this is relevant and helps fill maybe some gaps?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Neviskio View Post
    Sniped from reddit:

I think this is relevant and helps fill maybe some gaps?
    Na that's just the list that was here reposted on a website. There's a full list of leves here, this thread was made before the list was made, and is still useful if you don't want to double check materials of every triple turn in leves by finding the more efficient ones.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Na that's just the list that was here reposted on a website. There's a full list of leves here, this thread was made before the list was made, and is still useful if you don't want to double check materials of every triple turn in leves by finding the more efficient ones.
    I was about to say "no, that looks legit / copied from ingame exactly like I did", except they're missing the same CUL and BSM ones I am. They're also using the syntax I used haphazardly where I switched to the singular form of an item when the leve requested more than 1 (ie, 3 Mythril Claw Hammer instead of Hammers). So fuck 'em.

Here's a link to the topic in this subforum again, that has all of that and more. Except mats by synth but I'm hearing that has inaccuracies on the reddit list.

Edit: On second look they might not have copied entirely since there are some capitalization errors in leve names that would be really pointless to change intentionally. So *shrug*

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Yeah btw I noticed I forgot to finish Culinarian and some other things, I'll make a post later today with BSM 45, field CUL and I'll go check botanist/fisher leves and list what is displayed(not going to use leves to rotate them though so it'll only be partial stuff, other than 45BTN which I need to burn a few leves on to finish it).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast