1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 5 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 54 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -6 hours, -55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 15 hours, 54 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Pugilist/monk discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by shidobu View Post
    20 seconds would give us a little le-way to play our classes differently instead of us all following the same rotation. i would love to be able to squeeze in some impulse drives with 180 potency while internal release is up
    Not just more time to land more WSs but also having more time between pulls, I can't count how many times GLIII fell off while mid combo after engaging new group of mobs or going back and forth during bosses adds, so annoying.

I find MNK DPS on single targets to be very good, but only if your GLIII doesn't drop for whatever reason.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Pugilist/monk discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    I'm having a hard time with mnk on these primals, I know it isn't anywhere near ideal for mnk but is my damage horrible? this was 65min of wiping to titan up to killing heart sometimes.. sad to see the war out dding me but I cant keep up greased lightning for shit
    Spoiler: show

shows no info for touch of death
    Can't see your status , it will help to see how much str , crit dmg you have

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ggrab View Post
    Can't see your status , it will help to see how much str , crit dmg you have

assuming my militia subligar is still better than those peltast?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Pugilist/monk discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post

assuming my militia subligar is still better than those peltast?
    My bad I mean stats like str but your stats are Excellent so I don't see a problem with your dps

Keep in mind monk dps is done overtime because we attack at a faster rate. So what matter is the overall total of dmg that you do in a fight.

We don't burst dmg like drg because it be unbalance if we did

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

His STR is plainly visible, and crit damage isn't a thing, sooo... what?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I didn't see the pic at first ( I'm on my iPhone )

Crit dmg isn't a thing?! Since when lol

Unfortunately, with fights where you cannot get enough time to build GL or enough time for your faster dps to really count, MNK will always lag behind the heavier hitting slower DDs. I think it really sucks with the kind of mechanics they have in many of the fights.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Like trash mob? Lol

Even on the paser pic he posted he had top total dps in the list

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

So I noticed that Fists of Crags and Garuda's Talons are virtually similar in stats. But one has a higher auto-atk dmg while the other has a higher DPS output.

As a monk, what would we prefer? Higher AA or higher DPS?

Edit: Nvm

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Aiming for full DL before slamming out quests on relic. Anything I am doing wrong or to keep in mind?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/1f7c60eb8...9tso1_1280.png

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Aiming for full DL before slamming out quests on relic. Anything I am doing wrong or to keep in mind?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/1f7c60eb8...9tso1_1280.png
    I don't see a reason you can't get started now and get through Garuda; I know FC people that aren't quite as geared and on Titan already.

Yeah I want to know about Rockbreaker too. What's this duration affecting?

It's more about playing MNK well than having full Darklight. Keeping Gl3 can be tough.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh playing MNK isn't an issue for me. Ignore my messy bars but can position and do rotation down just well personally. I just feel more confident in myself if I got full DL x;

edit; derp not sure if pointed at me

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I just keep saying to myself that Monk'll be better after next level cap increase. FF Monks have always been better the higher level they are. Monk'll be pretty cray once we're all rocking GL5 and black belts with +50 skill speed.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

As far as I can tell, MNK is the highest consistent single-target DPS given a full uptime situation and equivalent gear. Current chatlog-based parsers rely on estimation to give you DoT damage (LogRep2 seems more reliable than FFXIV-App but both parsers are going to have issues no matter what due to how messy the raw log output from the client is) so the only real way to figure out your DPS is to record video and manually tabulate. A PLD tank with two MNKs with Sphairai and a mix of ilvl 60-70 gear can kill Anantaboga before the 2nd Catastrophe starts casting.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I parsed two Ifrit (Hard) today with some friends to see how I was doing, since I don't have any numbers to go by I don't know if my numbers are good, bad or just plain mediocre, plus there's no accurate parser yet from what I'm reading so it's just a rough estimate.

Both of these were done with semi-casual friends, I didn't use any limit (they did though, BLM and one of the DRGs).

Regarding parsers: if you are using Fracture on MNK the parser will run Fracture for 30s instead of 18s and inflate your DoT by four tics.

On the other hand, Demolish/any DoT without initial damage uses a predictive algorithm that doesn't account for critical hits and will almost always underestimate your actual DoT.

Is it better to have strength or determination?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast