1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 6 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 17 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 23 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 10 hours, 22 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Pugilist/monk discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

what would myth tomb be better spent on for mnk, relic+1 wnp or just spending it on the relic armor and if armor what piece first

Quote Originally Posted by freyra View Post
    what would myth tomb be better spent on for mnk, relic+1 wnp or just spending it on the relic armor and if armor what piece first
    Relevant: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...L-90-Body-Legs

In that thread, I said:
    At the moment, there is no way to increase WDMG aside from, well, weapons. Point-for-point, WDMG is the most effective means of increasing damage output.

Unless you see yourself breezing through Bahamut's Coil for an Allagan weapon, relic+1 will give the greatest returns. You can always get your AF2 later, or Allagan armor in the meantime.
    tl;dr - relic+1 okwwww

Aside from needing to silence something, is Arm of the Destroyer ever actually worth using?

Even if you were trying to take out a group of enemies the damage is so piss poor it seems like you'd be better off not wasting your TP and just chain single targets until you can Rockbreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Aside from needing to silence something, is Arm of the Destroyer ever actually worth using?

Even if you were trying to take out a group of enemies the damage is so piss poor it seems like you'd be better off not wasting your TP and just chain single targets until you can Rockbreaker.
    At 50 potency/target, you'd need 4 or more targets for AotD to exceed Boot/DK potency and 6 or more targets to exceed Boot/DK's TP efficiency. If you have already burned Invigorate and you're sub-500TP, you should consider dropping AotD for the remainder of the encounter or at least until Invigorate is ready again.

However, I have never had a problem with TP during Garuda or the tonberry dungeon, which are the only places I recall using AotD for damage.

A. Body
    BG Level

What encounters have buffs you really want to dispel with One Ilm Punch? Most of the buffs I've seen that cause huge problems are undispelable (e.g. Dhorma Chimera's Ice and Lightning stances) and nothing else seems as dangerous.

King's Will on iron giants and...

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    That's what worries me, there has to be a trade off for obvious reasons but if you end up losing more damage because you keep losing GLIII due to phase changes/avoiding stuff that trade off isn't worth it at all.

I haven't reached The Binding Coil of Bahamut yet, how are the encounters there? Are the they like Ifrit'a were you spend 10+ seconds doing nothing but try to not get hit constantly?

I enjoy MNK and still have a lot to learn, but I don't want to get hit by an artificial wall.
    On turns 1-4 it's possible to maintain 100% GL uptime.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia View Post
    King's Will on iron giants and...
    So like no bosses, maybe the ones in the Garlean dungeons.
    Kinda disappointing: they give MNK a unique utility that's mostly useful on trash that gets burned down anyway (granted iron giants are like mini-bosses, but still).

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Guys which is better for dark light accessories
    For monk ofcourse

Striking ( crtical hit + ) or
    maiming ( skill speed + )

Yeah GL really needs to be fine-tuned. There's no real point in giving us a boss-killing ability when you can't even keep up the buff on most bosses, due to the mechanics of the fight. It should be something you struggle to keep up, but not be impossible to do so.

Maybe if instead of losing GL entirely you lost it in tiers just as it's gained.

ie. 12 secs of GL3 -> 12 of GL2 -> 12 of GL1

That might push it a bit too far in the other direction tho, might have to adjust the duration or potency (or add more tiers with less potency per tier).

Quote Originally Posted by Ggrab View Post
    Guys which is better for dark light accessories
    For monk ofcourse

Striking ( crtical hit + ) or
    maiming ( skill speed + )
    Get one of each. They are r/ex so you can't take two of the same.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Get one of each. They are r/ex so you can't take two of the same.
    What about necklace , earrings braclet?!? Which one will benefit monk more skill speed or crit

Oh. Thought you meant ring only for some reason.

I grabbed maiming bracelet, striking earring and striking necklace. Bracelet has both crit and SPD, earrings only have more ACC or more crit, so pick striking for more crit. Choker is a toss-up between 12 SPD or 9 crit. I don't think it matters unless you are .01s away from 2s GCD.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Oh. Thought you meant ring only for some reason.

I grabbed maiming bracelet, striking earring and striking necklace. Bracelet has both crit and SPD; the other two are crit. I am reconsidering my purchase since I think I could get sub-2s GCD with the extra 24 SPD.
    Really if you can Reduce 2sec with just 24 skill speed off the GCD that is without a question worth it . GCD is 2.5 sec so that really good

Well, my post was incorrect. I looked at xivdb and found that there isn't that much SPD available anyway.

To be clear: I am 2.05GCD now with full DL. I thought the other DL accessories would total 24SPD and take me to 2s or less.

Skill speed return is horrible at the moment. That stat alone is never worth it. You get .01 seconds for every 10. I'm using Striking Ring/bracelet/Choker for the crit rate.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's a millisecond per point of skill speed, generally speaking just go with crit.

As far as rings go, I'd get the STR/crit one and just meld a simple ring like a Rubellite Ring+1. Quint melds are piss easy now and you can get 6STR/6VIT/10skill speed/10crit/6determination on a cheap little rubellite.

Maybe if instead of losing GL entirely you lost it in tiers just as it's gained.

ie. 12 secs of GL3 -> 12 of GL2 -> 12 of GL1
    Lol this is exactly what I suggested in an earlier post in this thread.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Pugilist/monk discussion

Damn I went with skill speed +

I got a braclet and choker and I notice a different right away

I'm reapplying GL3 faster and much more leg room

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast