1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 23 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast

Thread: Pugilist/monk discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    Toss your sphairai get glanzfaust. 22 > 31 enough said.

Because every website has the 110 stats
    http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Ca...%20Main%20Hand

Been playing for like 3-4 weeks and this game is super nooby. I have all the items for glanz but I figure since I'm just about done with the Atma phase on spharai I could use the glanz items on another job.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

http://xivdb.com/?search/!filters/Ik...46SVNJX01PTksi

Bookmark this site and never need to ask 90% of gear questions again.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

But what's monk BIS should I be get?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by CraftKing View Post
    Because every website has the 110 stats
    http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Ca...%20Main%20Hand

Been playing for like 3-4 weeks and this game is super nooby. I have all the items for glanz but I figure since I'm just about done with the Atma phase on spharai I could use the glanz items on another job.
    The game currently teaches you how to play and requires to have a solid and consistant group of 8 men to be completed which isn't exactly nooby.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    http://xivdb.com/?search/!filters/Ik...46SVNJX01PTksi

Bookmark this site and never need to ask 90% of gear questions again.
    Even with that it doesn't have full 110 stats but now I know you can pick stats for Novus I guess..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Little update for the curious.

Currently at 585 skill speed i90 (had to drop down for more ss right now) 369 dps, can not make it to second invigorate. A couple more pieces I need and I should be good then will do some testing.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Are you trying to hit any particular acc level with this build, or is it just skillspeed>all for the sake of seeing how it parses on dummy? Either way, 585 is pretty impressive considering your absolute max potential will be somewhere around 616, unless you want to buy more Ruby accessories or do more melds for it. A quick browse through Ariyala gave me this only using the ruby ring and melded cashmere body you already have on your profile. Roast Canard for another 24, and Selene buff, for, dear god, 184 or 192 (I don't know if it takes food into account). That puts you at the disgustingly high 824 or 832, which is a GCD of 2.037184 and 2.029568 respectively, before GL3. With it, you're at 1.60937 or 1.603358.

At that skill speed, you can do 18 GCDs between having to reapply Touch of Death, 9 between TS/DK (so you would reapply it on the 9th skill without it dropping), and 11 between Demolish (so it would drop for about 1 second before you reapply it). Perfect.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Not necessarily a specific number, but yeah that is what I am aiming for. I want to see how possibly in the future in any way the rotation can change given circumstances that may or may not be available(new tb abilities or changes). I also want to just put it pound for pound vs other stats in realistic scenarios. I know what the math says, but math can not compensate for real match variables that will often favor SS, like losing GL. If your SS is extremely high regaining GL will be easier...etc

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaixin View Post
    But what's monk BIS should I be get?
    If monk is your main, just get all the ilvl110 gears you can get, you'll be able to make 3 or 4 builds depending on the situation, for example : low/high accuracy - low/high skill speed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    If monk is your main, just get all the ilvl110 gears you can get, you'll be able to make 3 or 4 builds depending on the situation, for example : low/high accuracy - low/high skill speed.
    Nothing goes over my head, my reflexes are too fast, I would catch it.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Akirra Krylon
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Alright - finally hit 50. Here is the gear I am sitting with currently.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/3557031/

Sitting on 1868 soldiery this week once I cap and no ST piece yet. Enough allied seals/logs to get 2 sands if I wanted to. Spending 1300 sold + the UAT from ST + sand will get me the glaz. That leaves me with 568 sold + a sand or oil. What other piece should get priority?

I am thinking about getting the soldiery boots and unweathering them since those are BiS and I can get them right now. Or wait a week and get body and unweather that... Suggestions?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

get whatever you want because it really doesn't matter what order you upgrade gear

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Ding to 50 and get a better weapon than me lol fucking hunts. But yeah anything left side but head is "BiS". Just get what looks cool imo.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hydrox Killjoy
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    Ding to 50 and get a better weapon than me lol fucking hunts. But yeah anything left side but head is "BiS". Just get what looks cool imo.
    head + gloves from SCoB are BiS

chest/belt/pants/boots from soldiery are BiS =)

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

I'm working on my Monk still as I'm main DRG, but I got i110 this week so I decided to play that instead. How are my numbers for each Turn? I feel like I have the biggest issues with T7.

T6:

T7:

T8 ( I do the mines + forcing towers for allagan field for my group, and don't have a DK bitch ):
    Spoiler: show

Will post T9 later, didn't get to it last night because we had a short night.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hydrox Killjoy
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

your numbers seem fine

i don't think you have any sort of trouble on any of those

t7 is always gonna be the lowest parse i feel because of rng/mechanics, the voices/shrieks/whatever else you need to do get in the way of dpsing anything like 6 or 8.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i'm sure there's discussion somewhere in this thread but 62 pages is too much to look through.

where are you guys placing your buffs/off-global attacks in your PB openers? i throw mine in the moment i start, but have heard others say they wait until GL3/dk/twin buffs are all up before they begin.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    i'm sure there's discussion somewhere in this thread but 62 pages is too much to look through.

where are you guys placing your buffs/off-global attacks in your PB openers? i throw mine in the moment i start, but have heard others say they wait until GL3/dk/twin buffs are all up before they begin.
    Depends on the fight - one extra usage of your offGCD's is more damage than getting the initial set slightly buffed so in general I'll pop them asap, if I'm using pots I'll also slightly delay since the pot animation seems longer than regular oGCD and can cause issues with getting 5 PB if not timed correctly. Thinking about it you'd probably be more consistent waiting - or just adjusting depending on the fight.

In T9 one of the jumps comes at around 60 seconds - it's pointless to pop your IR early as you need to wait for the second usage anyway so I will delay it until i have full buffs, for b4b there's a jump that comes shortly after 90 seconds so I try to pop it ASAP on the pull to get full duration out of the second use.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I was wondering what, if anything, people do when the opportunity arises to use PB as a dps cooldown. Should I even bother with that - assuming of course gl will never drop? At what point in the rotation? I haven't done mnk for any serious content but either ways I'd like to know. Thanks in advance.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Asked a few pages ago, we basically settled on...

... DK > Snakes > Demo/Snap > Boot (PB) > Boot > Boot > Boot > Snap/Demo > DK (PB off) > Boot > Snakes > Demo/Snap > etc

You can alternately go... Boot > True (PB) > True x3 and alter accordingly but it's basically gambling that you crit some Trues.

Closed Thread
Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast