1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 56 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast

Thread: Pugilist/monk discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hydrox Killjoy
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

probably with a ton of gear drops and really good rng (also based off of tethers)

i parse really high on t11 as well, compared to the other turns anyway, usually 560-585~ at fight completion with 130 weapon (not much 130 gear, but did have 4 pentamelded crafted pieces, now 2 because 130 poetics chest and belt drop from t10 last night - so we'll see how high next week), but doing 620 seems pretty high

probably with a dk slave, maybe even dreadwyrm weapon or a fuckton of 130's

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    There's no reason to not Paeon while everyone is waiting around for Diamond Dust anyway.
    Gotta ballad back the whm who just holy spammed during requiem, duh!

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by ryuuken View Post
    probably with a ton of gear drops and really good rng (also based off of tethers)

i parse really high on t11 as well, compared to the other turns anyway, usually 560-585~ at fight completion with 130 weapon (not much 130 gear, but did have 4 pentamelded crafted pieces, now 2 because 130 poetics chest and belt drop from t10 last night - so we'll see how high next week), but doing 620 seems pretty high

probably with a dk slave, maybe even dreadwyrm weapon or a fuckton of 130's
    What is your encounter culling set at, and do you merge them? If you have the parse I'd like to see it for my own curiosity.

Edit: Also, how often did you get picked for tethers? When I did alt T11 on my alt's MNK my damage gets fucked to high heaven if we get unlucky enough to have all 4 tethers be double non-tanks and I can't do any behind positionals.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hydrox Killjoy
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    What is your encounter culling set at, and do you merge them? If you have the parse I'd like to see it for my own curiosity.

Edit: Also, how often did you get picked for tethers? When I did alt T11 on my alt's MNK my damage gets fucked to high heaven if we get unlucky enough to have all 4 tethers be double non-tanks and I can't do any behind positionals.
    i stopped saving parses after our very first kill, but i'll post a parse from next week for sure

i have it set to 30 seconds because of random t9 runs where we're done with golems a year before megaflare, so it would reset encounter from even 20 second culling lol.

i get picked for tethers pretty often, but still hit positionals regardless. the flex range on tethers is pretty decent, so i still land most my positionals, except for when nerve gas is going out, prioritize not fucking up over there more than anything else.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

ilvl 116~ can hit 620+ doing T8 but that's with 100% uptime, dk bitch and literally no mechanics, you may miss a couple some positionals because of ballistics but compared to T11 where there is multiple mechanics that can impact your uptime (between add phases, forked lightning, missed positionals during breath, stacking/spread missiles, tethers and TP concerns).

I can see a very geared monk with good RNG being able to hit 620. I think highest parse for T11 is 550~ but we play the last phase of T11 fairly conservatively (ignore positionals, save lb3, spread out of melee if you need to)

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

There's something bothering me after reading the last posts, how in the world can you guys do that much more in t11 compared to t8 (or even t10) when you miss a quite a few positional bonuses due to nerve cloud, move during the second phase to dodge thunder/lasers and during the last phase you stay in the same position depending on tethers? In t8 you always hit the positionals.

I'm doing 440ish (480~ in t10) with a 115 weapon and ilvl 114 (nothing pentamelded), I don't think just a 130 weapon would be a 100 DPS increase, are you guys doing anything special?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Not 100 dps but it's def. Huge increase

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Finally getting around to upgrading my relic after all this time of putting it off, what's the ideal build for the novus stage? I still only have half of my atmas anyway, so still a bit of time to go but if I can I want to start stockpiling materia.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

For MNK? Crit/det, as usual.

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

That's what I was thinking, just wanted to double check, and then I can use my Glanzfaust for anything that would require extra accuracy. Had seen some people on Reddit suggest adding in some accuracy or skill speed too at the cost of crit. Thanks.

There's nothing wrong with swapping some Crit for Acc.

DET is the only "must cap" stat because it allows relics to cheat the normal stat caps.

Doing 31 DET/22 Crit/22 Acc is no less effective than 31 DET 44 Crit, just swap Acc out other stats somewhere else in your gear if you don't need it.

Having to swap to another weapon for when you need more Acc completely defeats the purpose of making a relic.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

i'd max out acc and det. since i'm not rich i added in a few crit at expense of my det.

having max acc on your weapon gives you more flexibility in gear choices as well as ensure you are acc-capped for new content. instead of being forced to wear a shit skill speed piece cause you need the acc, you can instead wear things that give a combination of crit/det/acc.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    i'd max out acc and det. since i'm not rich i added in a few crit at expense of my det.

having max acc on your weapon gives you more flexibility in gear choices as well as ensure you are acc-capped for new content. instead of being forced to wear a shit skill speed piece cause you need the acc, you can instead wear things that give a combination of crit/det/acc.
    This argument doesn't really make sense - what if all the low accuracy/no accuracy pieces have skill speed on them and the high accuracy pieces have DET/CRIT - you'd have to drop det/crit to get the appropriate accuracy?

For the current content and known gear you can easily tailor your gear towards it but future/unknown content, if you have enough money to buy crafted gear, I'd probably suggest going DET/CRIT and you can tailor your accuracy via melds since you get so many secondary stats with them, otherwise having the appropriate amount of accuracy is more important than optimising your other secondary stats (are you willing to spend tomes on gear to make sure you are hitting the accuracy cap for the next raid or would you rather spend it on alt/offclass)?

Tiger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Is there a current BiRotation guide for MNK out there somewhere? Did some brief searching but haven't found anything within the past few months. I'm finding myself lagging behind our DRG in FCoB to a decent extent, (40-60-ish DPS?) and not really sure how to push DPS harder. I don't usually personally parse, so I end up getting my numbers second-hand, but I feel like they're consistently below what they should be.
    Currently, I open like: Shoulder Tackle -> ToD -> PB -> Demolish -> [B4B] -> SP -> [IR] -> SP -> TS -> DK (can usually fit this in) -> X-Pot, (if DK debuff got off), while staying locked on and rotating for positionals. Then rotating through abilites and refreshing DK/TS at about 4-5secs remaining, and Demolish/ToD at about 1-2secs remaining while weaving in HF/SP whenever they and DK are up.
    Gear isn't exactly terrible either. i120 now with a few pieces of i130 gear and Zodiac. Would appreciate some help.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hydrox Killjoy
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Baelfael View Post
    Is there a current BiRotation guide for MNK out there somewhere? Did some brief searching but haven't found anything within the past few months. I'm finding myself lagging behind our DRG in FCoB to a decent extent, (40-60-ish DPS?) and not really sure how to push DPS harder. I don't usually personally parse, so I end up getting my numbers second-hand, but I feel like they're consistently below what they should be.
    Currently, I open like: Shoulder Tackle -> ToD -> PB -> Demolish -> [B4B] -> SP -> [IR] -> SP -> TS -> DK (can usually fit this in) -> X-Pot, (if DK debuff got off), while staying locked on and rotating for positionals. Then rotating through abilites and refreshing DK/TS at about 4-5secs remaining, and Demolish/ToD at about 1-2secs remaining while weaving in HF/SP whenever they and DK are up.
    Gear isn't exactly terrible either. i120 now with a few pieces of i130 gear and Zodiac. Would appreciate some help.
    are you on legacy controls? if so you might be losing auto attacks while moving around.

change your A and D keys to strafe left and strafe right instead and you'll be golden in that regard

opener is okay

just make sure you're landing positionals, make sure you dont lose GL unless its impossible to retain due to mechanic/boss shenanigans, pop buffs constantly

i don't see why you should be 40-60 dps behind a DRG for any encounter in FCoB really

does the DRG have a 130/135 weapon? more gear?

Tiger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by ryuuken View Post
    are you on legacy controls? if so you might be losing auto attacks while moving around.

change your A and D keys to strafe left and strafe right instead and you'll be golden in that regard

opener is okay

just make sure you're landing positionals, make sure you dont lose GL unless its impossible to retain due to mechanic/boss shenanigans, pop buffs constantly

i don't see why you should be 40-60 dps behind a DRG for any encounter in FCoB really

does the DRG have a 130/135 weapon? more gear?
    Aye, I play Legacy/Controller, but I lock-on/off when needed, (i.e. off for dodging mechanics, etc), for strafing. But just remembered our DRG did get a 130 weapon last week. x: Idk, it seemed like my DPS was lagging behind before that though with i120 vs i120. Maybe it was mechanics, 'cause learning and timings for certain things and whatnot. The only time I don't move for positionals is like, when Nerve Gas is about to happen in T11 and Megaflare in T13.

25 crit + 18 skill speed vs 18 det. 18 det should still win, right?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lately I've been seeing other MNKs parsers doing 580+ on FCoB and I can't seem to reach those numbers so I'm starting to question what I'm missing/doing wrong.

I've recorded myself doing a short dummy test which is basically what I usually do in FCoB

I always plateau around 560-570 on dummys, with no food/pots/party bonuses.

I do exactly the same DPS on T13's first phase:

What is it that I'm missing? I've tried throwing a fracture here and there when everything has 5+ secs left, but as expected, it doesn't amount to anything noticeable. I can't for the life of me go above the 570's outside using STR/poison pots.

tl,dr how do I increase my DPS?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Your mashing looks on point. Are you under the impression that those other monks are not using strength pots? There are also moments where you use rear moves on the "front" due to mechanics so that'll drop DPS somewhat unavoidably.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Oh, they're using potions, but that's a 20ish DPS at most, the parsers I've seen floating around have the MNK well up in the 600+ on T10 or most of T12.

Closed Thread
Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast