1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 17 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 16 hours, 5 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Pugilist/monk discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So since this upcoming week will break the 600 myth tokens I have, I considered not buying DL legs but the monk relic legs.

Would be a large increase and MAYBE help on my end with titan since I just have a whole bunch of fucks in each group I go with. I do my part with dodging, damage, and all the shit but it seems too hard for others ;c Anyone on hyperion take me with you.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/bd8698c97...9tso1_1280.png

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Not advocating getting relic legs but regardless of that decision don't get dl pants they're poop.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I know many pieces of DL are horrible, but what else can you get in their place? same with AF2, unless you can clear the coil, I don't see any alternatives

I still haven't looked at how materia melding works (apparently you can put materia even if there aren't any slots but it can fail and you lose the materia?) so I might be missing that.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Uldaman

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    So since this upcoming week will break the 600 myth tokens I have, I considered not buying DL legs but the monk relic legs.

Would be a large increase and MAYBE help on my end with titan since I just have a whole bunch of fucks in each group I go with. I do my part with dodging, damage, and all the shit but it seems too hard for others ;c Anyone on hyperion take me with you.
    I just ran praet speed runs with you earlier. Hit me up in-game later today and I'll see if I can get some people to help you out.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    I know many pieces of DL are horrible, but what else can you get in their place? same with AF2, unless you can clear the coil, I don't see any alternatives

I still haven't looked at how materia melding works (apparently you can put materia even if there aren't any slots but it can fail and you lose the materia?) so I might be missing that.
    For monk get militia subligar HQ and quint meld it.

Don't bitch about quint, it takes like 15min.

This is what you'd use until relic/Allagan. The only reason I'm not weighing in on whether relic would be worth getting before any other piece is because I'm not home to check stats on shit and I went with weapon+1 before any gear so I haven't bothered to compare stats for relic gear yet.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

What are the materia caps for militia gear?

Also, how does determination compare to STR? 1:2 STR/DET, 1:5?

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Does anyone know how Fracture compares to touch of Death? Higher base damage vs higher DoT damage

EDIT: Bleh, disregard that, Fracture only lasts 18 seconds when used with another job, didn't see the MRD trait.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

What are the materia caps for militia gear?

Also, how does determination compare to STR? 1:2 STR/DET, 1:5?
    It's at least 2:1 STR:DET. Only put DET if you've got nothing else to put in its place.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nekoh Tee
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Medivh

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    For monk get militia subligar HQ and quint meld it.

Don't bitch about quint, it takes like 15min.

This is what you'd use until relic/Allagan. The only reason I'm not weighing in on whether relic would be worth getting before any other piece is because I'm not home to check stats on shit and I went with weapon+1 before any gear so I haven't bothered to compare stats for relic gear yet.
    how would you say gryphonskin gear compare with the milita? Can also quint meld on those for stat boosts

If you wanna spent the 1125 philo stones for the materials, go for it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That's exactly what I'm contemplating, going for the legs myself, since DL ones are poop (I already have a lot of accuracy, 500 right now, I don't know how much I need for the coil, I'm at 500 and hitting 100%, I think it's most likely around 450 tops)

What I don't know is; Does the stats go as far as DL? ie; DL has 20/22/27 str/vit/acc can i get the Gryphonskin to 22/22/27/22 str/vit/crit/det with melds or does green gear have a lower cap than blue gear even if they have the same ilvl?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nekoh Tee
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Medivh

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    If you wanna spent the 1125 philo stones for the materials, go for it.
    wasn't gonna waste stones on it, was contemplating buying one or 2 of the pieces.

I couldn't answer that certainly but I remember the adage sort of being that the HQ stats on a piece were generally the stat cap. Idk if that was ever debunked or what.

That's exactly what I'm contemplating, going for the legs myself, since DL ones are poop (I already have a lot of accuracy, 500 right now, I don't know how much I need for the coil, I'm at 500 and hitting 100%, I think it's most likely around 450 tops)

What I don't know is; Does the stats go as far as DL? ie; DL has 20/22/27 str/vit/acc can i get the Gryphonskin to 22/22/27/22 str/vit/crit/det with melds or does green gear have a lower cap than blue gear even if they have the same ilvl?
    I couldn't answer that certainly but I remember the adage being that the HQ stats on a piece were generally the stat cap. Idk if that was ever debunked or what.

Quote Originally Posted by arlee View Post
    wasn't gonna waste stones on it, was contemplating buying one or 2 of the pieces.
    Have you priced them? If people even make them on your server you can expect the pieces to cost what someone that just spent 1125 philo stones would charge (a lot).

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I couldn't answer that certainly but I remember the adage sort of being that the HQ stats on a piece were generally the stat cap. Idk if that was ever debunked or what.
    This is correct.

Er, out of curiosity I went to check a few things myself and found that I can still add more crit to my HQ imperial operative wristlets.

So I'm not so sure about that now.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The cap on those is the skill speed #

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Generally it's the primary attribute (STR MND etc) that is capped on the HQ piece. Secondary stuff (Det Crit Acc) and attributes that weren't on the piece (like VIT on a MND ring or something) can usually still be added to some extent.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Generally it's the primary attribute (STR MND etc) that is capped on the HQ piece. Secondary stuff (Det Crit Acc) and attributes that weren't on the piece (like VIT on a MND ring or something) can usually still be added to some extent.
    When there is an off stat, like those wristlets, the cap is always the higher number. So if its 9 skill speed an 6 crit, you can add 3 crit.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    When there is an off stat, like those wristlets, the cap is always the higher number. So if its 9 skill speed an 6 crit, you can add 3 crit.
    So Fievel-bro, what's the list of gear that one should have right before Relic/Allagan? Just level'd up to 50 and trying to get out of the noobness.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast