1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 34 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 4 hours, 25 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 5 hours, 34 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Pugilist/monk discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Change to materia and new HQ gryphonskin belt 413 str 493 crit 485 skill speed no food. Trying to work some pieces to make 500 crit and 500 skill speed with food.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Was it this topic that mentioned using a single macro for 3 actions? Because I can't find it anywhere now and wanted to read again what this was about since I'm dusting off my 1.0 monk.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

/ac "Snap Punch" <t>
    /ac "True Strike" <t>
    /ac "Bootshine" <t>
    Will Snap Punch if available, then True Strike if available, etc. The Opo-Opo WS just needs to be at the bottom. Can organize them however you like but imo grouping by position is easiest to wrap your head around. You have 3 commonly used flank WS so you can do:
    Code:
    /ac "Snap Punch" <t>
    /ac "Twin Snakes" <t>
    /ac "Dragon Kick" <t>
    Bootshine, True Strike and Demolish can be thrown in a "behind" macro (yes I know Demolish has no positional requirement). Could throw your 2 AoEs and One Ilm Punch in another "shit is situational" macro if you really wanna cut down on buttons.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

618 new high crit on HMTitan

Questions

Couple of quick questions:

Looking at some parses I noticed that a Monk friend's damage was closer to my own than I thought it would be given our gear discrepancy. A major source of the difference - Fracture. I've started testing it (all of one run in AK) and noticed it seems to do as much damage as Demolition (or whatever our dot finisher is). Seems like a solid addition to our rotation and it can even crit for half decent damage. Does anyone else have any experience with it?

Has anyone parsed an ongoing rotation of DK-TwinSnakes-SP => Impulse Drive x3 => DK-TS-SP versus DK-TS-SP => BS-TrueStrike-SP ? Though it seems like Impulse Drive would do more damage I think the potential loss of Greased Lightning seems like too big a gamble for it to pay off beyond a short burn phase into movement (such as Titan Heart into jump, where you lose GL anyway).

Finally to the guy that has those really high crit numbers, is the sacrifice accuracy? I'm in almost full Darklight (3 pieces of AK left, head, Neck, 1 Ring) and with NQ Sphairai my accuracy is just barely ready for Coil (472) but my crit is only 400 w/out food to your 493. Impressive stuff (though my str is 8 higher so when I do crit it's a bit bigger) but I'm curious if the crafting stuff is worth thinking about before making the upgrade to ilvl 90 stuff.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Skills have the potency right there on the skill, so you don't need to test Fracture to see how good it is. DoTs tick every 3 seconds so Fracture works out at 220 potency, Demolish is 240 potency and Touch of Death is 270. They're MNKs strongest skills so they should be kept up as much as TP allows (Fracture/ToD are 80 TP a piece which burns through TP fast). I'm not sure how Impulse Drive would parse out but I can't really see it being worthwhile. Reapplying DoTs and keeping GL3 up is a much higher priority and it comes with a pretty hefty TP cost (70) which needs to be considered. Might be worth throwing in one every other rotation over ToD (since it has 30 sec duration).

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Question - what are u guys dps at when just fighting a boss (i know it varies so we could base it off a Keep boss where u dont drop any stacks of GL)

I'm parsing in the low 200s most of the time (still dont have Blood for Blood) - running with relic wep, 3 pieces of darklight(chest, gloves, ring) and 5 pieces of HQ crafted gear (helm, boots, legs, neck, ring) with max meld (+2 forbidden meld). Pretty sure it's decent gear, but could be much better. I find myself not too far from better geared bards and BLMs.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Talisien View Post
    Couple of quick questions:

Looking at some parses I noticed that a Monk friend's damage was closer to my own than I thought it would be given our gear discrepancy. A major source of the difference - Fracture. I've started testing it (all of one run in AK) and noticed it seems to do as much damage as Demolition (or whatever our dot finisher is). Seems like a solid addition to our rotation and it can even crit for half decent damage. Does anyone else have any experience with it?

Has anyone parsed an ongoing rotation of DK-TwinSnakes-SP => Impulse Drive x3 => DK-TS-SP versus DK-TS-SP => BS-TrueStrike-SP ? Though it seems like Impulse Drive would do more damage I think the potential loss of Greased Lightning seems like too big a gamble for it to pay off beyond a short burn phase into movement (such as Titan Heart into jump, where you lose GL anyway).

Finally to the guy that has those really high crit numbers, is the sacrifice accuracy? I'm in almost full Darklight (3 pieces of AK left, head, Neck, 1 Ring) and with NQ Sphairai my accuracy is just barely ready for Coil (472) but my crit is only 400 w/out food to your 493. Impressive stuff (though my str is 8 higher so when I do crit it's a bit bigger) but I'm curious if the crafting stuff is worth thinking about before making the upgrade to ilvl 90 stuff.
    I'd post a picture but don't have 10 posts my stats are as follows again stats need to be tweaked a bit. One of the biggest things i noticed have been two things. 1) My touch of death DoT crits for about 225-260 per tick, and my cool down time on skills were noticeably different from 461-494. If we can find "caps" or tiers for these stats that would be awesome so i have a better idea how to gear up. Yeah I'm passing on the DL gear and using tomes to sell items to crafters better stats with 4-5 materia on each piece.

Accuracy 434 (+27 with HQ lava toad legs)
    Crit Hit Rate 486 (+27 with HQ apkallu omelette)
    Determination 254
    Attack Power 404
    SKill Speed 494 (+26 with HQ eft steak)

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I AM HAPPY NOW!!

Spoiler: show

wait... 5 min later...

Spoiler: show

my gimp ass made it, thanks to a shidobu, saltgunner anji, and a random pug i went with. 1/1 in a pug.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

gz

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

No full DL? Horrible gimp!!!!1!!

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

It was either DL body or relic. HMMMMMM

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    No full DL? Horrible gimp!!!!1!!
    dl body is garbage anyway!
    Str : +20, Acc: +27 Vit: +22 Det: +13

hq militia harness with 4 materia
    Str : +14 Vit: +15 Det: +16, Dex +14, Crit hit rate +13, mater is slots = +10 crit hit rate, +12 skill speed

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    my gimp ass made it, thanks to a shidobu, saltgunner anji, and a random pug i went with. 1/1 in a pug.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kawfee Demitasse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Navyguy View Post
    dl body is garbage anyway!
    Str : +20, Acc: +27 Vit: +22 Det: +13

hq militia harness with 4 materia
    Str : +14 Vit: +15 Det: +16, Dex +14, Crit hit rate +13, mater is slots = +10 crit hit rate, +12 skill speed
    I don't think this has been listed out in full anywhere previously in this thread, but looks like you've done your homework on best-in-slot items. Assuming you're making a decision in a vacuum (e.g. not factoring in gear that you have in other slots), which DL pieces/slots would you recommend getting and which would you skip (e.g. skip body in favor of HQ militia, skip legs in favor of....______?)

Also still haven't seen much discussion on stat priorities as general rules of thumb. Right now, based on what I've been reading, it seems like it's something along the lines of:

STR > VIT > Crit Rating > Accuracy > Determination > Skill Speed ?

Mainly thinking about it for materia melding purposes, but gear comparisons in general. (Obviously there's probably an Accuracy cap you want to hit first, but it seems like its a low #?)

And also missing 7VIT and 6STR, the former being more important and the latter being pretty good.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This is a bit more "endgame" than the current topic, but I just saw this image posted on lolReddit and it's a nice layout to help compare iLv.90 gear (basically AF+1/Hero's vs Allagan) so you can prioritize your Mythology purchases.

Register to see the NSFW content

At first glance, prioritizing crit > det > speed it looks like BISs are:

head: Melee Circlet
    body: Allagan Cuirass of Striking
    hands: Allagan Gauntlets of Striking
    waist: Allagan Tassets of Striking
    legs: Allagan Trousers of Striking
    feet: (both are identical, lol)
    ears: Allagan Earrings of Striking
    neck: Hero's Necklace of Slaying
    wrists: Allagan Bracelets of Maiming
    ring1: Hero's Ring of Slaying
    ring2: Allagan Ring of Maiming

(correct me if that's not right)

What's your Accuracy looking like after making those choices? Cuz if your not at least near (where food would take you on/over) the "cap" it don't mean dick for all that crit.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    This is a bit more "endgame" than the current topic, but I just saw this image posted on lolReddit and it's a nice layout to help compare iLv.90 gear (basically AF+1/Hero's vs Allagan) so you can prioritize your Mythology purchases.

Register to see the NSFW content

At first glance, prioritizing crit > det > speed it looks like BISs are:

head: Melee Circlet
    body: Allagan Cuirass of Striking
    hands: Allagan Gauntlets of Striking
    waist: Allagan Tassets of Striking
    legs: Allagan Trousers of Striking
    feet: (both are identical, lol)
    ears: Allagan Earrings of Striking
    neck: Hero's Necklace of Slaying
    wrists: Allagan Bracelets of Maiming
    ring1: Hero's Ring of Slaying
    ring2: Allagan Ring of Maiming

(correct me if that's not right)
    This is actually great to know, i would love to know what to prioritize w/ coil gear. I woulda just jumped the gun and prolly go full AF2 when the time comes.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    What's your Accuracy looking like after making those choices? Cuz if your not at least near (where food would take you on/over) the "cap" it don't mean dick for all that crit.
    Well, that's kinda' why I prefaced it with those priorities, I'm not too familiar with the Accuracy needed for Coil mobs.

That set only gives Acc+61

Either way, there's a couple slots you can be certain of BIS because of nice combinations of Crit and Acc (Melee Circlet, Allagan Cuirass of Striking), or same stats (feet), or complete lack of Acc options (Allagan Gauntlets of Striking, feet)... unless you're willing to drop down to something like HQ Gryphonskin just to get Acc in that slot and make up the other stats with x5 melds. Ideally, this chart should have a 3rd column of HQ Gryphonskin with Materia caps.

Note: Lava Toad Legs grants Acc+22 and Crit+9 and Apkallu Omelette grants vice-versa.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 69 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast