1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 4 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 5 hours, 1 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 69 of 69 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69

Thread: Pugilist/monk discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

THE FAIRY CAT
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snoctopus Snoctopus
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Thanks VentusInvictus & StUfF for the very detailed responses to my question, I appreciate it.

2) There's several things you need to take into account and make your own decision. The margin between you seeing the duration on ToD and when you reapply ToD can be different for all different people, i.e. latency, skillspeed, at what time you check ToD duration (right after you execute your last skill, or right before gcd?), ToD itself has a "delay" whereas the debuff does not apply the instant you press the skill "animation delay". Applying ToD at 3 seconds left is generally stupid, because well your gcd tends to be 2.0-2.1~ range and possibly lower with Selene, but taking into the account the above and calculate your own personal "delay" and it might be fine.
    I hadn't even considered this. I tend to look at the mob debuffs as the last action I input is animating to figure what I should input next. This may be something I'll need to be more mindful of, and I hadn't considered it before.

Lastly - assuming you are doing everything else correctly in your rotation, you aren't going to magically gain 10%+ dps by changing your dot application, there's probably something more basic or gear/buff differentials in place.
    I probably figured I wouldn't gain 10%, but at least get a little bit ahead. I'm trying to learn more about how the different stats roll into my DPS, as so far I've been going by the idea of higher item level is generally > lower item level, and I have an excel spreadsheet that I use to compare gear based off of these stat weights (source):

WD: 9.338
    STR: 1.000
    DET: 0.336
    CRT: 0.214
    SS: 0.206

My thinking has been that after entering the stats for each item, whichever came back with a higher total value was a better piece of gear, but I'm wondering if that's not the best way to go.

For the gear slots where I do not have dreadwyrm yet, is there a pretty massive gain from those pieces once I get them? My profile link is in my signature if you want to check what I'm currently wearing.

Thanks again.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

Those weights stats are derived from EMX spreadsheet/formulaes.
    They are a good baseline but I there were some issues with them (his model was not perfect, and he's no longer working on them) - his model overestimated SS because it did not accurately model DoT ticks and and the chances of losing them when refreshing early. It didn't model party buffs (should be fixed?) and also recently been discovered that the damage formulae his model is based on is not accurate for all jobs/classes.

I think it's still a good starting point and the general WDMG > ACC (to cap) > STR > DET > CRT > SS priority really hasn't changed.
    A large amount of Poetics gear is what I would consider "BiS", there's only a couple of dreadwyrm pieces - you can't really compare individual pieces with each other because of accuracy requirements, which you seem to have too much already.

You can use http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/ for all your gearset calculations.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

i'm sorry for the bump but i've started picking up MNK again (last time was in 2.2)

Anyone have a good PB rotation to suggest? that has been updated for 2.5 ? thanks

THE FAIRY CAT
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snoctopus Snoctopus
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    i'm sorry for the bump but i've started picking up MNK again (last time was in 2.2)

Anyone have a good PB rotation to suggest? that has been updated for 2.5 ? thanks
    I picked up this one from earlier in this thread, and it works incredibly well. Last dummy parse I did was 600+ DPS, have gotten a few upgrades since that time and haven't re-checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Odowla View Post
    The most Potent one we found (in terms of raw Potency Per Second) was :

Perfect Balance > Demolish > (Potent Poisoning Potion) > Snap Punch > (Blood for Blood) > Snap Punch > (X-Potion of Strength) > Twin Snakes > Dragon Kick > (Internal Release) > Touch of Death > (Howling Fist) > Bootshine > (Steel Peak) > True Strike > Demolish > Dragon Kick > Twin Snakes > Snap Punch.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Thanks i'll try that

Use ToD before using PB since there's a chance you'll miss directionals when the boss is spinning around at the start of a fight. And careful when using potions with lower SS and lag since there's a higher chance you'll miss the combo. Using potions after PB wears off works well too.

THE FAIRY CAT
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Snoctopus Snoctopus
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Use ToD before using PB since there's a chance you'll miss directionals when the boss is spinning around at the start of a fight. And careful when using potions with lower SS and lag since there's a higher chance you'll miss the combo. Using potions after PB wears off works well too.
    Regarding using ToD before PB, that's pretty solid advice in PUGs for sure. When I run with my coil static, for the pull I tend to run wide of the tank and should charge in on pull from the side. Like an evil punching wide receiver. Example- https://youtu.be/dbLhH6NSqlo?t=25s (If you watch the whole vid, this was our first clear, so near the end it got a little messy)

I usually just shoulder tackle in, hit ToD and then ready PB for combos. Some fights the pull is easy and you can get Demolish and Snaps properly right from the get go. Either way, knowing what to do for less than ideal situations is important. PUGs or new fights/pulls, laggy situations or just bad inputs can screw a lot of things up, some of which you can have 0 control over.

THE MORE YOU KNOW