1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 49 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast

Thread: Pugilist/monk discussion     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    What's the best way to use PB as a damage cooldown
    Assuming 5 steps of PB with DK>Twin>Demo immediately prior:

Boot > Boot > Boot > DK > Snap

225 > 225 > 225 > 150 > 180 = 1005 potency (before multipliers) using Boot's 100% crit. Then Boot/DK>Twin> Demo to get back in rotation.

The only way for True to pull ahead of Boot is if you crit at least two of them:

190 > 285 > 285 > 150 > 180 = 1090

You're probably going to PB with Internal Release up, so it's worth the gambit. Even if just one True crits, the difference of 3x Boots is a mere 10 potency and you stand to deal much more.

tl:dr if you're a bad enough dude to burn PB for raw DPS, do it: a) after a fresh DK/Twin/Demo rotation, b) with Internal Release up, c) True>True>True>DK>Snap

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

You counting the fact one of those boot's would happen anyway? Wouldn't it be better to DK>Twin>Demo>Boot>PB>Boot x3>DK>Snap?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Pretty sure you'll be borderline dropping Greased Lightning if you do that.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Only 5 moves between GL procs, should be alright considering you're doing this in theory @ GL3 to start with.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Tried the Boot > PB > 3boot, worked fine. If you were paranoid about it dropping you could move up Snap, but you can fit in ToD and Fracture both in a GL3 cycle so this works for same reason.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Trying to get back into MNK after taking a break and then only playing DRG when i came back.

I was following this guide http://blog.arisegaming.org/?p=30 while trying to get the feel back on dummies.

Then i seen this guide on FFXIV Reddit: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...JkB-igmXk/edit

Is this the new standard? If so it will take a lot more practice to get back into MNK.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Monk is seriously really easy. You boil it down to one of 2 approaches:

1) Priority, based on what step you're on
    1a) Is Dragon Kick under 6 seconds left? If no, Bootshine
    1b) Is Twin Snakes under 6 seconds left? If no, True Strike
    1c) Is Demolish under 6 seconds left? If no, Snap Punch

2) "Side/flank" tradeoff
    DK Twin Snap
    Boot True Snap

Every 3rd Snap is Demo. If you want to make it more comprehensive
    DK Twin Demo
    Boot True Snap
    DK Twin Snap
    Boot True Demo
    DK Twin Snap
    Boot True Snap
    repeat from top

Once you're in GL3 you can afford the time to throw in 1 non-rotation move (ToD, Fracture) without anything important falling off, or 2 without GL wearing off.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

So, I need to get this straight -- straight crit/det builds aren't as feasible for some odd-reason, and people do skillspeed instead because there's a point where you actually do more damage this way.

Okay, cool. So what're the "BiS" pieces? I'm not quite at High-Allaghan just yet, but I'm working on it.

TL;DR -- between unweathered/ST etc (~i100) gear, what should I be working on?

(will have Glanzfaust on tuesday.)

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Decided to resub after this free login got me back into wanting to play again and I need some improvements to work towards asap.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...acter/1364225/

I mainly want to replace those Avengers HQ but what exactly do I need to try and get? After daily's reset today I'll be able to replace that body for the Melee Cyclas and slowly improve in that regard. I guess to a better way of saying this is...I don't know where the fuck to go gear progression wise.

I have ancients access now but no coil, gonna do garuda hm today.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Find a good HUNT ls, they will get you enough myth to get i90 in an hour. Will also give you items that prepare you for i110 accessories and weapons via Soldiery tomes.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Unfortunately hunting is the best way to get myth, but forget doing that during prime time. CT1 is 200 myth with an additional 50 myth on top for new people that join. Depending on your patience, it isn't a bad way to get i80 upgrade plus myths on top. I don't suggest doing any expert dungeons with your gear right now, since it'll take forever.

If you haven't, try the dungeons within the high level roulette. If you're new to any of them, you'll get bonus myth on top of whatever else they give. Upgrade your i55 slots (left side) soon since people tend to correlate your HP directly with your gear. For weapons, relic is the fastest i90 upgrade you can do. Titan hard these days is mostly doable due to the trial roulette. With that said, you still need 900 + 225 myth to 90 it out, so decisions decisions.

If it was me, I'd do: i90 relic weapon right away, buy gryphonskin bandana/jerkin (unless you're really close to that body now), do some CT1 to collect myth, do trial/high level roulette and go from there.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

Quote Originally Posted by Modoru View Post
    So, I need to get this straight -- straight crit/det builds aren't as feasible for some odd-reason, and people do skillspeed instead because there's a point where you actually do more damage this way.

Okay, cool. So what're the "BiS" pieces? I'm not quite at High-Allaghan just yet, but I'm working on it.

TL;DR -- between unweathered/ST etc (~i100) gear, what should I be working on?

(will have Glanzfaust on tuesday.)

Wait what?
    Where did you get the idea that skillspeed is needed? There are currently no breakpoints for skillspeed that change our dps or rotation significantly.

Stat priority is generally.
    Accuracy (to cap) = STR > DET > CRIT > SS

Definite BiS for Soldiery gear is Boots/Ring/Chest some of the other gear you can mix up depending on accuracy you want to achieve. Good rule of thumb is to hit accuracy cap while maximising DET/STR - any additional DET will almost always trump the CRIT/SS difference.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ok... Not sure what's going on with me, i have not changed any rotations or done anything different. pre 2.3 i was i106 w/ i110 glanz pulling about 460+ dps on t8, come 2.3, many sands, full i110 BiS except t9 weapon, (363 det w/o food, my crit tanked however 395) and i'm barely pulling 450 dps now. I'm not sure if my ACT is broken or something, but it's extremely odd that i boosted my det and str so much and now am dpsing lower than i was i106. I know i'm critting a lot less since it tanked, but holy shit, i should be seeing better numbers, not worse.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by StUfF View Post
    Wait what?
    Where did you get the idea that skillspeed is needed? There are currently no breakpoints for skillspeed that change our dps or rotation significantly.

Stat priority is generally.
    Accuracy (to cap) = STR > DET > CRIT > SS

Definite BiS for Soldiery gear is Boots/Ring/Chest some of the other gear you can mix up depending on accuracy you want to achieve. Good rule of thumb is to hit accuracy cap while maximising DET/STR - any additional DET will almost always trump the CRIT/SS difference.
    I may be wrong be didn't Yoshi said that SS will be a more important stat in the future?

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

NIN's main stat will be SS, lol

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Jubei'Thos

Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    I may be wrong be didn't Yoshi said that SS will be a more important stat in the future?
    Feel free to build an SS gearset to wear in the future if this ever happens, it really doesn't matter right now.
    You can easily gather every piece of ilvl110 gear before the next patch hits.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

There's plenty of SS anyway on ilvl110 gears and it doesn't hurt to collect them all. For now I just focus crit and det as everyone should do.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Deviled eggs/apkallu omelettes are our best source for crit correct? I'm gonna test something out w/ that food after work today.

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    Find a good HUNT ls, they will get you enough myth to get i90 in an hour. Will also give you items that prepare you for i110 accessories and weapons via Soldiery tomes.
    Do you have any recommendations for Excalibur? I'm looking to join one.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Excalibur's main LS is based in a TS server, you can find it just by shouting at any hunt going on or joining a PF group that is hunting and just ask around. It's very open and easy to find.

Closed Thread
Page 60 of 69 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast