BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

FINAL FANTASY XI Updated (Sep. 3)

A version update was performed on FINAL FANTASY XI at the following time.

[Date & Time]
    Sep. 3, 2013 at 2:30 (PDT)

[Affected Service]
    FINAL FANTASY XI

[Update Details]
    Regarding Monstrosity, as a temporary solution to the problem wherein, if a player participates in a Ballista while junctioning a monster, the monster’s level is overwritten to the applicable Ballista’s level restriction, players will no longer be able to move from the Mog Garden to the following areas where Ballistas are being held:

Jugner Forest/Pashhow Marshlands/Meriphataud Mountains

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Soo instead of making it so those under monstrosity cant participate in ballista, they blocked off 3 zones completely, 3 zones that large mobs definitely need?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Do they? I have a few blue box monsters at 50 and I've never touched those zones.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Theyre not as crucial i guess since bubu/valk offer the same level range. Still stupid to block off 3 zones instead of just not allow monstrocity mobs to engage with those npcs...which is really strange since im pretty sure monstrocity chars CANT talk to npcs?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    players will no longer be able to move from the Mog Garden to the following areas where Ballistas are being held:

Jugner Forest/Pashhow Marshlands/Meriphataud Mountains
    Go home SE you're drunk

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Theyre not as crucial i guess since bubu/valk offer the same level range. Still stupid to block off 3 zones instead of just not allow monstrocity mobs to engage with those npcs...which is really strange since im pretty sure monstrocity chars CANT talk to npcs?
    They can't interact with most npcs, just some doors and the skull dudes inside feratory from my experience. They can clearly flag what monsters can/can't interact with thou, so idk why they'd need to block those zones as a temp fix instead of just fixing those npcs.

For big monsters, I've always done:
    1-10: starter zones
    10-15: craig zones
    15-25: bubu (can +2 monsters enter valk? i never checked, I figured they wouldn't be able to because of the tunnels)
    25-30: zones outside of jeuno
    30-41: glacier
    41+: xarc

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Go home SE you're drunk
    On that note, I wonder why they made mog garden so small if they can give us a personal purgonorgo isle for feratory...

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Go home SE you're drunk
    I was wondering wtf was up with this also, since I don't recall there being any ballista-warp items that may have been potentially usable from the Garden.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    On that note, I wonder why they made mog garden so small if they can give us a personal purgonorgo isle for feratory...
    I'll take a garden with all the points 10 steps away from each other instead of a minute trek.