1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Macros     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

I've known about /macroicon for a while but I take it there's still no option to actually re-enable the proper tooltip for a macro yet?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

What would the tooltip say? It's a custom macro. They have no idea what you put in there.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    What would the tooltip say? It's a custom macro. They have no idea what you put in there.
    you could use tooltip/cooldown from your:
    /macroicon

For example you have one ability on long cooldown that boosts your damage or opens a good combo and after that you macro in two/three actions that are worth using only if the ‘long cooldown’ action was used beforehand.
    Would be neat if /macroicon showed if action is available for combo too (the orange dotted lines around square).
    Then you could just let that macro sit somewhere on your hotbar and hit it once you see the ability is up. Currently the icon is dead aside from showing global cooldown.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

A few things I've found:

From random googling: You can use <attack1> - <attack5>, <bind1> - <bind3>, <stop1>, <stop2>, <square>, <circle>, <cross>, and <triangle>

From personal experience: Putting multiple actions in a macro (maybe even just using a macro instead of vanilla action buttons?) removes your ability to input buffer on-GCD actions in the last quarter of the GCD. I macro my Misery's End and Bloodletter together, but I don't like not being able to input buffer my Heavy Shot so I leave it alone.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I would guess
    /ac "Nameofmountaction" <me>
    Which is the same whether mounting or dismounting.
    I've tried "dismount" in the past and it certainly doesn't work. I'm pretty sure I tried "mount" and "Free Company Chocobo" as well with no luck.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Zirael View Post
    Would be neat if /macroicon showed if action is available for combo too (the orange dotted lines around square).
    Then you could just let that macro sit somewhere on your hotbar and hit it once you see the ability is up. Currently the icon is dead aside from showing global cooldown.
    Pretty sure /macroicon does show Straighter Shot procs.