1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 5 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 4 hours, 33 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

At what point can I be confident in my gearing to attempt Garuda? Just a few Darklight pieces?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

A decent mix of keep greens and darklight is fine for Garuda.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsun Tsun
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I main tank Garuda with darklight accessories and green gear from keep with no issues

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Two quick questions regarding Titan fight:

"If you take too long you will need to pop the tanks limit break during the end stomps because he will do 10+ of them and wipe your entire party even with defensive buffs and spam heals."

So he does more stomps the longer the battle lasts? We've been farming the limit break up to 1.5 prior to dpsing him and dying to 5+ stomps after the heart. We've tried 2WHM+SCH and 2WHM.

1) Are we best to DPS him from the start and not build up LB?

2) What party composition would be ideal for this fight? I'm particularly interested in the number of healers you guys recommend.

Thanks in advance.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by n0pax View Post
    Two quick questions regarding Titan fight:

"If you take too long you will need to pop the tanks limit break during the end stomps because he will do 10+ of them and wipe your entire party even with defensive buffs and spam heals."

So he does more stomps the longer the battle lasts? We've been farming the limit break up to 1.5 prior to dpsing him and dying to 5+ stomps after the heart. We've tried 2WHM+SCH and 2WHM.

1) Are we best to DPS him from the start and not build up LB?

2) What party composition would be ideal for this fight? I'm particularly interested in the number of healers you guys recommend.

Thanks in advance.
    He onlys starts "building" stomps after Earthen Fury. He'll start at 4 and add 1 each rotation. By the time he's doing 8 he should be dead or nearly dead. Some are taking 3 healers because of how healing intensive this fight is but it's very doable with 2, it all depends how good your party is at avoiding shit.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

so are there any elemental weaknesses that a MNK can take advantage of, particularly the primal fights? I feel like its dumb to use fists of fire on ifrit, but every run I've seen with a MNK in it runs fists of fire.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    so are there any elemental weaknesses that a MNK can take advantage of, particularly the primal fights? I feel like its dumb to use fists of fire on ifrit, but every run I've seen with a MNK in it runs fists of fire.
    They decided not to make elements automatically strong or weak as a whole against individual targets since 2.0. They just tied the elements to different attributes/buffs/debuffs so they are chosen for those reasons instead of facing a very "elemental" mob and having 1/3 of your elemental skills/spells be rendered useless.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Also, I don't think Fists Of abilities actually change the element of your attacks anymore (the status effect tooltip is outdated and still says you're draining mp, so don't use that as a reference), so the elemental weakness discussion is completely irrelevant. Should be easy enough to test on regular mobs with the Foe Requiem if you really aren't sure, but the skill description doesn't mention it.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Anyone have a list of buffs/debuffs from the Coil turn 2 orbs?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Anyone have a list of buffs/debuffs from the Coil turn 2 orbs?
    monitoring node -> (vacuum wave) -> gives dmg dealt up

sanitary node (right) -> (uses ballast) -> gives piercing resist
    attack node (right) -> (uses gravity field) -> gives blunt resist
    quarantine node (right) -> (uses allagan rot) -> gives haste lol

defense node (left) -> (uses chain lightning) -> gives slashing resist
    attack node (left) -> (uses firestream) -> gives magic resist

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Perfect, thanks.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

One more coil question. In turn 4 does anyone have a translation for the buffs that are still in Japanese with the stoneskin icon? None of us read Japanese. :/

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

If you get a chance to screenshot it someone can probably take a stab at it.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

One more coil question. In turn 4 does anyone have a translation for the buffs that are still in Japanese with the stoneskin icon? None of us read Japanese. :/
    Oh wow. I wish I was up to that so I could have laugh a lot before attempting to translate it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

vs Wanderer's Palace Tonberry King, if your healer is good with Esuna, the tank can kite the main boss while the DPS rushes it and ignore the adds. I've had to do this a few times when the DPS didn't have ranged and didn't want to run around. Save level 2 LB for when Slashers come up, also a good idea for tank to use Hallowed Ground during that time.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

http://imgur.com/a/e2WtY

The buffs. Know what they do now but still a proper translation would be cool.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

http://imgur.com/a/e2WtY

The buffs. Know what they do now but still a proper translation would be cool.
    Both are called Stoneskin. If I'm reading it right then the one in first screenshot only absorbs magic damage, and second screenshot absorbs physical?

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Duskwood

Quote Originally Posted by Noobta View Post
    Both are called Stoneskin. If I'm reading it right then the one in first screenshot only absorbs magic damage, and second screenshot absorbs physical?
    You would be correct.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Figured I'd add the Dzemael Darkhold info:

Sub-boss #1 "All Seeing eye"
    Adds : Yes

The "all seeing eye" flys around the cave. He is invulnerable and his aoe move "eye on me" does massive damage. Key is to pull him to the purple light near a crystal to make him vulnerable and mitigate his AoE damage. Trick is, the crystals slowly lose power over time, so when the crystal you're at shuts off, you will need to drag him to a new crystal. Spawns adds in groups of 2, but are easily DPS'd down.

Sub-Boss #2 : Taulurd
    Adds: Kinda, though they aren't targetable.

Tank should pull the boss so that the tank's back is to the wall. Taulard has 2 front conal aoe moves that can be avoided. Trick of this fight is that Taulard will call in adds that stand on the ledge above you and target random party members with a ranged AoE. Just avoid the taget circles on the ground and you should be fine. Spreading out helps. Fight can be hectic on mages with all the dancing needed.

Main Boss: Batraal
    Adds: No

This guy has a strong front conal AoE, so only the tank should be in front. He also randomly targets party members regardless on enmity for a ranged attack. During the fight, he will Link himself to a crystal (long purple beam). During this time he will be invulnerable until the crystal is destroyed. He will also "choose" a member at random and target them with a KO move called "desolation". This is a one-shot kill with a hit-box like Titan's landslide. He will try 3 times to kill the same player, after which he will choose another player at random if the crystal has not been destroyed. If you are the targeted player, it is important that you do not cross between Batraal and the crystal as you may inadvertently get your party members killed. At around 25%, Batraal will start randomly casting "Desolation" and will also put poison pools on the ground which need to be avoided.

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alanon View Post
    Taulard has 2 front conal aoe moves that can be avoided.
    It also has a rear conal.