1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

are there any areas of AK that you can speed by still? my static is getting ready to start and I'd like to save us any time that I can. Any general tips that aren't already listed will also be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Limlight View Post
    are there any areas of AK that you can speed by still? my static is getting ready to start and I'd like to save us any time that I can. Any general tips that aren't already listed will also be appreciated.
    yes, watch this vid. Sac most of the first area and areas before second and last bosses.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Thanks alanon, adding yours.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Not a totally necessary addition but from my experiences in Halatali:

First boss: ACN can toss a single Bio on small flames as they spawn and they'll easily die before reaching boss. Miasma + Bio for the last larger flame in a sequence. If you're syncing down on SCH you can just let fairy solo heal and let DPS stay on boss.

Last boss: Miasma on small flames, Miasma+Bio on large flames.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm having a difficult time with the cannons in castrum meridianum and my controller. It's not as simple as the game makes it out to be. I can get the targeting down and for the most part, I can fire off shots during the grind through the dungeon. the part that has me stumped is the cannons for the last boss. I'mpetty sure I'm doing it wrong because I have a difficult time loading the cannon and then firing it. Any tips on how to make this easier with a controller?

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

A friend is a SMN and he's getting pretty down about AK and the Demon Wall. Because of all the moving he's having a tough time casting enough. I know it's a Dps check so he's working on gearing up but do any smn have any tips I can pass on?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Be on sides if it's not time for Repel (so you only dodge once per set instead of twice). Stay near the "line" dividing mid and sides; there's no need to go farther to dodge. Moving is a good time to pop Fester, Energy Drain, Bio, Ruin II, or whatever; have those bound to something you can easily hit while moving. This is kind of shaky from memory of what I do on SCH but my account of stuff to do:

Fight opens - be on sides. I open with Swiftcast-Shadow Flare. Should have enough time to do Miasma+BioII+Bio and maybe Thunder before lines start.

First repel - Refresh the DoT cycle (should have had to refresh Miasma+Bio before now but I forget offhand). If you're on side and middle hasn't even finished yet, you have more than enough time for 1 cast.

Really it boils down to knowing you don't have to move that much to dodge.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Be on sides if it's not time for Repel (so you only dodge once per set instead of twice). Stay near the "line" dividing mid and sides; there's no need to go farther to dodge. Moving is a good time to pop Fester, Energy Drain, Bio, Ruin II, or whatever; have those bound to something you can easily hit while moving. This is kind of shaky from memory of what I do on SCH but my account of stuff to do:

Fight opens - be on sides. I open with Swiftcast-Shadow Flare. Should have enough time to do Miasma+BioII+Bio and maybe Thunder before lines start.

First repel - Refresh the DoT cycle (should have had to refresh Miasma+Bio before now but I forget offhand). If you're on side and middle hasn't even finished yet, you have more than enough time for 1 cast.

Really it boils down to knowing you don't have to move that much to dodge.

We got him through, thanks so much for this