FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Finally got around to playing this demo as well. Really love the battle system and job/ability systems in this game. Always a fan of having a lot of stuff to do in RPGs and the ability to become really overpowered. >.> Quite amusing how overpowered Ninja seems in this game lol. Very nice way of releasing a demo, let's you experience quite a bit of gameplay, but giving you almost no story to make you want to play the real game more.

Can't wait for this game to come out now. Was already looking forward to it, but hadn't really looked up much about it before playing it.

edit: Got all the transferable stuff too, wasn't too much work. Duping Villager trick was really the "longest" part.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsuko Stark
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is there any feasible way of getting max villagers without the duping trick or streetpass? Finished all the content and only have 2 villagers. If streetpass is the only way to get villagers I'm going to be sad.

Streetpass is the only way to get villagers in the demo, but you get a handful daily by connecting to the internet in the full game apparently.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by warc View Post
    Is there any feasible way of getting max villagers without the duping trick or streetpass? Finished all the content and only have 2 villagers. If streetpass is the only way to get villagers I'm going to be sad.
    fiancee is getting 1 a day off me, but yeah that's the only way other than dupe trick.

Streetpassing for this demo is terribly hard the legit way. I went to freaking disney world last week and got a whopping 2 people, one of which was at the airport.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Doombear View Post
    You get a gift set from maxing the village. You can also transfer 20 villagers to the full game.
    Ah, yeah, did that. I meant character wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    Streetpassing for this demo is terribly hard the legit way. I went to freaking disney world last week and got a whopping 2 people, one of which was at the airport.
    Any kind of direct interaction for handhelds is something I've found basically impossible in the US without utilizing some kind of event/forum. We're simply not as compact as Japan or as well designed in infrastructure to have subways and shit everywhere. Add to this the general scorning of RPGs as they're not sports or FPSes, then yeah...

Glad I played pirated version of the last Dragon Quest on my DS. No way in hell I could've done the meet-up content without using an editor.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    This is going to sound terrible as I type it.

I have two school zones on my drive home from work. If I time it right I can drive past as kids are on the school buses. Plus the speed limit forces me to slow to a 30mph so there's time to catch all those street passes. Additionally I get a ton of street passes with having my 3DS chill in my purse up against the passenger door. Most I've got in a drive home was 11.

Now I feel creepy. >_> Why can't more adults carry their 3DS around everywhere like us?

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Speaking of DQ, I think I got up to like 27 legitimately from going to the GameStop and best buy events... Just a little short of the 30 that I needed qq

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    This is going to sound terrible as I type it.

I have two school zones on my drive home from work. If I time it right I can drive past as kids are on the school buses. Plus the speed limit forces me to slow to a 30mph so there's time to catch all those street passes. Additionally I get a ton of street passes with having my 3DS chill in my purse up against the passenger door. Most I've got in a drive home was 11.

Now I feel creepy. >_> Why can't more adults carry their 3DS around everywhere like us?
    My guess with problem 1: Guys don't carry purses.

Depending on the pants I'm wearing, sometimes I can't slip my DS into the pocket comfortably, either. Winter's nice, though, since I usually just use the inner jacket pocket.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Pretty sure we'll be able to get a handful of villagers every day by using WiFi. Unfortunately the villager dupe glitch doesn't work in full version of the game though. ):

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Pretty sure we'll be able to get a handful of villagers every day by using WiFi. Unfortunately the villager dupe glitch doesn't work in full version of the game though. ):
    Yeah, I read about this wifi thing which is nice. Dupe glitch not being in the actual game is fine with me, since the cap for villagers is quite large in the real game, I think. Starting off with 20 villagers will be nice though.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Yeah as long as it doesn't take 10hr to remove the first boulder in the full game thanks to my 20 free villagers then I'll be happy

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

So.. is this game worth it? Is it solid?

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

if you don't buy it and you like rpgs you're an idiot.

I have, in vague non spoilery descriptions, heard that the story in this game is one of the best in any game last year. I was sold at that point. I also stopped reading most Bravely Default topics quite so closely at that point as well. Fuck a spoiler.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Koul View Post
    if you don't buy it and you like rpgs you're an idiot.
    Pretty much agreeing with this. Combat and job systems are enough for me to already love this game. Don't even care if the story is terrible, but if it ends up being good, it just makes the game even better.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Normal, Easy or Hard?

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Normal, Easy or Hard?
    If you want FF4 DS challenge probably hard. battles on normal can still one-shot your whole team but once you get a few levels it evens out. so hard will be a pain in the ass, I imagine.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Went with normal since only bonuses/villagers from what I understand are all that's being moved over. Really liking it though! Love the job system.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast