+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    So.. is this game worth it? Is it solid?
    It's looking completely solid. If you like old school type jprgs, it's a must buy. I'm definitely looking forward to grinding out some job levels, it'll give me a tiny bit of ffxi feels, heh.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm 40 hours in, still enjoying the game mainly due the job/battle system, Playing on normal because I really don't want to grind for levels. Normal is a bit on the easy side, though if you're a under leveled a random battle can one shot you if get unlucky with crits.

Story is nothing to write home about, but it's alright, I just wish there was an in between difficulty mode with normal-hard, had the same thing happen with FE:A D:

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Akiyama - Here's the beginning of the game. I flipped the audio and language around a bit.

I'm playing it on hard difficulty.

On boss difficulty:
    Spoiler: show
    I will say that it reminds me a lot of FF3 on hard when it comes to beating bosses. If you don't have the right setup you will get your ass rolled. One boss in particular I tried to beat without using a Black Mage and met... very difficult results.

Where I'm stuck at (vague):
    I'm currently stuck on a boss that does a sweep and 1-shots a character every two turns (usually the White Mage ;_; dat AI precision strike) I'm at a loss trying to figure out how to win. I've been grinding up job points and levels and I'll give it another shot but I'm still at a loss as to how to beat this boss.

Difference between the demo and the actual game:
    They give you a lot of broken ass abilities that you don't typically have. I think they basically handed you the "best abilities" on their job tree just to taste sample everything.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Thanks Mina. Gonna spoiler my stuff just in case, though no..real spoilers.

Yeah I'm.. four hours in. I did the trick for the 20 villagers plus I went with 20 more just to speed build stuff. Just beat the Forest Adamantoise Boss thinger. He was interesting. Haven't game-overed yeah, but I'm only playing on Normal. My characters are all level 10-ish and I just capped my first job at 4, so I'm moving on to grind up new jobs and try more things out. I have access to the ruins to the south now so I'm prolly gonna try grinding a bit there.

But I like the game! I can see how they'd give you abilities and stuff you wouldn't earn til later on, and I"m thankful for that haha. I'm probably going to play on Hard once the actual game comes out, assuming I get it and everything.

I have a question about the friend system; is that only for passer-bys? Or will wifi work when the actual game comes out? Obviously that won't work with the demo.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Currently the demo only lets you do passerbys but you can wifi a friend once a day.

I highly recommend getting that villager trick done if nothing else to start with the 20 villagers lol.

Additionally, if you want to be broken as shit when you first start playing...

The weapon shop at either level 3 or 4 has the Angel Bow. Equip that on Thief and dominate the world. My Thief does like 400 dmg natural shot and 1100 with a critical. Compare this to the others doing 110~200 on a good turn. With that natural speed on Thief, trash monsters don't even get a turn in.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    Currently the demo only lets you do passerbys but you can wifi a friend once a day.

I highly recommend getting that villager trick done if nothing else to start with the 20 villagers lol.

Additionally, if you want to be broken as shit when you first start playing...

The weapon shop at either level 3 or 4 has the Angel Bow. Equip that on Thief and dominate the world. My Thief does like 400 dmg natural shot and 1100 with a critical. Compare this to the others doing 110~200 on a good turn. With that natural speed on Thief, trash monsters don't even get a turn in.
    Already did the villager trick and maxed out the shops.

I don't see an Angel Bow anywhere on the list. Last thing I got was Mythril stuff o.o Shops maxed at level 3 I believe. Unless it goes further after doing something else?

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I would like to point out again that the content you get in the demo is slightly misleading to what you'll actually get in the game.

Angel Bow could be the 3rd or 4th upgrade to the weapon shop. Currently I'm on 6 in the game so I don't quite remember lol.

Edit:
    I also remember the weapon shop being behind a path you have to unlock in the actual game which wasn't in the demo. I don't know how they'll handle that.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I would like to point out again that the content you get in the demo is slightly misleading to what you'll actually get in the game.

Angel Bow could be the 3rd or 4th upgrade to the weapon shop. Currently I'm on 6 in the game so I don't quite remember lol.

Edit:
    I also remember the weapon shop being behind a path you have to unlock in the actual game which wasn't in the demo. I don't know how they'll handle that.
    Hm.. I think we're having a communication issue here. Are you playing the actual game? Like the JP Version? Because if so then there we go because I thought you were talking about the demo. Yeah, I'm playing the demo so..

Weapon shop only goes to 3 in the demo, and obviously Thief doesn't exist for me just yet, but hey, I'll def remember that for when the game comes out for us! Just trying to get all the demo bonuses

Though there's language options, even in the JP version right? so it doesn't matter about waiting or anything?

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Though there's language options, even in the JP version right? so it doesn't matter about waiting or anything?
    Everyone's getting the same set of language options. Like pokemon. Also comes with the JP/NA VA. The JP is good and there's only a few minor problems I have with the NA one.

And yeah I'm playing the JP version lol I am just using the English text in the stream I linked you.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Everyone's getting the same set of language options. Like pokemon. Also comes with the JP/NA VA. The JP is good and there's only a few minor problems I have with the NA one.

And yeah I'm playing the JP version lol I am just using the English text in the stream I linked you.
    Gotcha! I guess I could have just bought the JP version. D: Oh well. I can wait a couple weeks.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

been playing the demo, man ninja is op as fuck

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I regret getting this demo.

Cause now i have to wait the better half of 3 weeks until the full game comes out. Man I'm loving this game so much. The street pass thing kinda sucks (since they have to have Bravely Default installed), cause I have about 30 people in my street pass plaza , some I've encountered 2-3 times all in the last month or so in my tiny ass little town... but none of them seem to have played Bravely Default (though a few got ALBW..)

nice to know connecting to the internet can net you some Villagers in the official version, i copped out and got myself 10 through the exploit just to speed things up, but I really can't wait for the official version, this gives me the nice RPG/FF Nostalgia feels, but is an amazing game outside of that. I personally love all the different jobs and costume designs... a lot about this game is great ;; WHY FEBRUARY.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I ended up preordering the CE ($30 at best buy due to reward certificates); it seems like a pretty great deal. $50 for a CE is pretty light, still cheaper than most console games.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Urgh game is out on a friday and even with Prime I won't get it till Wed or thurs of the following week

Hoping my version gets upgraded to release date ....

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Still undecided on ordering it, but 90% sure I'll get at least the regular game. 3DS games are cheap as is, so I won't mind. Looking forward to at least the wi-fi thing especially and all the jobs.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    I ended up preordering the CE ($30 at best buy due to reward certificates); it seems like a pretty great deal. $50 for a CE is pretty light, still cheaper than most console games.
    Debating doing this as well. Have $45 that expires a week later, so it's either get the full game for free, or pay like 10 for the CE.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

I'm guessing no one else in here has the EU or JP version...

Where I'm stuck at now:
    FUCK THE RED MAGE SIDEQUEST SERIOUSLY.

Boss is OP as fuck on hard. Clearly I'm doing SOMETHING fucking wrong but I refuse to look up a guide as to how to game this fucking boss. I'll figure this shit out or so help me I will snap things around the house. I'm way over-leveled to be getting creamed on like this.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I tried out the demo and while it wasn't bad, I just couldn't understand the hype behind this game... it just feels like another standard JRPG. Is there some special feature that you unlock later on in the game or something?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

It has that old school final fantasy feel, which appeals to a lot of us I think.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Pre-ordered the CE just in time, I guess this game will be a birthday gift to myself, thanks SE, and no thanks for releasing that piece of shit Lightning Returns on the actual date of my birthday. -_-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast