+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I wasn't into the game at first and now I am addicted to it. Great game and leveling all the sub-classes and seeing what kind of new abilities to mix match make it really fun. I am excited for the release.

completed the town and now working on leveling Jobs and Abilities to kill the second boss.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Finished Demo, all 7 bonus, all lv 20 all job mastered : 5h

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Am I supposed to go anywhere specific for the start? Accepted the first quest to get beast livers and I'm getting bodied. Got wiped 2 out of the 4 random encounters I've been in.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

For random encounters brave 4x on all characters worked fine.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Am I supposed to go anywhere specific for the start? Accepted the first quest to get beast livers and I'm getting bodied. Got wiped 2 out of the 4 random encounters I've been in.
    You should train near the city right away because the monsters are quite tough when you start. Also don't forget that you can change the difficulty AND encounter rates from the main menu. I suggest mastering BLM quickly with all 4 characters for easy grinding later on. Also buy Thundara.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cream Soda View Post
    Change jobs, does a big difference

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ardrial View Post
    For random encounters brave 4x on all characters worked fine.
    This is what I'm doing, but is there some faster way to do it. left shoulder spam x 4 with right arrow spam x4 and x4 chars seems so slow for every single random encounter, that's a TON of button presses. Am I missing some faster way to do it?

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    You should train near the city right away because the monsters are quite tough when you start. Also don't forget that you can change the difficulty AND encounter rates from the main menu. I suggest mastering BLM quickly with all 4 characters for easy grinding later on. Also buy Thundara.
    Once you can comfortably clear the random encounters in the tower south of town, that's a far better option; clearing the groups of 4 little green things gives like 48 JP for one battle. Thundara is pretty great though, esp. when paired with Pierce Default.

Quote Originally Posted by chiyio View Post
    This is what I'm doing, but is there some faster way to do it. left shoulder spam x 4 with right arrow spam x4 and x4 chars seems so slow for every single random encounter, that's a TON of button presses. Am I missing some faster way to do it?
    Press Y to repeat the last round's commands. While that's running, you can press D-Pad right in order to speed up combat animations.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Stromgarde View Post
    Press Y to repeat the last round's commands. While that's running, you can press D-Pad right in order to speed up combat animations.
    Thank you very much!!

BG Level

For the Streepass villagers, do you just need a streepass hit? or it must be from someone who has the demo

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    For the Streepass villagers, do you just need a streepass hit? or it must be from someone who has the demo
    They have to have streetpass set up for the game in order for you to get a villager.

BG Level

Ah thats gonna be hard here

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Ah thats gonna be hard here
    There is a bit of a trick/glitch that can get you villagers easy enough with some monotonous work. Basically you need to be up to the point in quests to have the Turtle Quest available from the NPC in town but not started/accepted.

You save first, at the Traveler NPC in red on the left side of town near the Inn.

There should be an NPC to the left side of town, on a stairway facing left. He is between the Magic Shop and the Armor/Weapon Shop.

Talk to that NPC and he should say something about occasionally getting villagers to your town. He finishes the conversation by saying something about putting the word out to his friends, seeing if anyone is willing to help your town (something like that, don't have the game with me atm). Then you should see an update in your bottom screen/town menu. Not sure if it matters, but I don't go to the village just yet.

First go back to the Traveler NPC, choose Save BUT DO NOT SAVE YOUR GAME and instead, choose Go To Main (or w/e it is that takes you to the main menu). Then once there start your save file. Your update/villager should pop up in your village. Go back to the NPC that gave it to you, he should say the same thing, give you another villager, go back to traveler, exit to main menu via him without saving, repeat.

You can only transfer 20 villagers from the Demo to the full game so keep that in mind. I did 21 I think? It will make it easier to get everything upgraded for that Item Set which also will transfer.

Note: I had already activated the Turtle Boss Quest myself when I found out about this. Turns out after you complete that this NPC will be back on the steps. I don't know if it matters that I never talked to him before that though, so your mileage may vary if you already had. If it really matters, it wouldn't take too long to delete your save and start a game over to do this if you really want that 20 villager transfer and can't get it via Street Pass.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Doombear View Post
    There is a bit of a trick/glitch that can get you villagers easy enough with some monotonous work. Basically you need to be up to the point in quests to have the Turtle Quest available from the NPC in town but not started/accepted.

You save first, at the Traveler NPC in red on the left side of town near the Inn.

There should be an NPC to the left side of town, on a stairway facing left. He is between the Magic Shop and the Armor/Weapon Shop.

Talk to that NPC and he should say something about occasionally getting villagers to your town. He finishes the conversation by saying something about putting the word out to his friends, seeing if anyone is willing to help your town (something like that, don't have the game with me atm). Then you should see an update in your bottom screen/town menu. Not sure if it matters, but I don't go to the village just yet.

First go back to the Traveler NPC, choose Save BUT DO NOT SAVE YOUR GAME and instead, choose Go To Main (or w/e it is that takes you to the main menu). Then once there start your save file. Your update/villager should pop up in your village. Go back to the NPC that gave it to you, he should say the same thing, give you another villager, go back to traveler, exit to main menu via him without saving, repeat.

You can only transfer 20 villagers from the Demo to the full game so keep that in mind. I did 21 I think? It will make it easier to get everything upgraded for that Item Set which also will transfer.

Note: I had already activated the Turtle Boss Quest myself when I found out about this. Turns out after you complete that this NPC will be back on the steps. I don't know if it matters that I never talked to him before that though, so your mileage may vary if you already had. If it really matters, it wouldn't take too long to delete your save and start a game over to do this if you really want that 20 villager transfer and can't get it via Street Pass.

i know that trick but i wont restart a new save just for that

Gonna hope to get some at the nintendo zone this weekend

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I didn't find out about duping exploit (or the NPC that gives you the villager at all for that matter) until after I had fully cleared every other part of the game including the automaton and maxing out everyone's jobs. There's no expiration on it as long as you haven't saved after getting the extra villager.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

And done. Didn't take long to max everything, really fun game. Definitely gives me that FFV feel. Would have been super annoying without the villager trick though. I hope the normal game has more use for the special abilities, I basically used nothing but attack the whole time and slaughtered everything.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by chiyio View Post
    And done. Didn't take long to max everything, really fun game. Definitely gives me that FFV feel. Would have been super annoying without the villager trick though. I hope the normal game has more use for the special abilities, I basically used nothing but attack the whole time and slaughtered everything.
    Hahaha nice. I haven't been grinding the game to much because its a good for my subway ride to work. Also since the launch is not until next month trying to drag it out as much as possible to avoid the anxiety of not being able to play. I guess I could just play something else

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

I'm using a melee pt at the moment and what seems to be broken as hell is Ninja.

Get crescent moon with Valkyrie, dual wield oaken poles, brave, Crescent moon x2

When Ninja is mastered though no point in being on Ninja, so at this point you use 2handed from Knight instead of dual wield. Less dmg, but will work on most job combos

Edit:
    Full clear; all jobs/chars max, etc. Was a lot of fun. Can't wait for NA release. Day 1

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I had no idea this "demo" was it's own thing and offered bonus until the other day.
    DLd it and beat it in 3.5hr w/ all the bonuses. Didnt bother maxing stuff since it doesnt transfer (right?) and dont want to redo something i'll have to do again and burn myself out.

You get a gift set from maxing the village. You can also transfer 20 villagers to the full game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast