+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

So I played the first one a lot.
    I got this one along with a new 3DS and I'm not sure if its just how the game is because of the character and his stats(fairly low level atm), the touchpad, or something I'm doing that I don't know I'm doing, but when I'm doing the field songs and I have to hold the stylus for the long notes and moving it up and down, most of the time it gives me an error for... I have no idea some times. I'll be on the line one second then suddenly it gives me a Bad. Reeeeeally getting annoying, especially when my only errors are those ones. It's not a problem in any other type of song except for the field types.

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    So I played the first one a lot.
    I got this one along with a new 3DS and I'm not sure if its just how the game is because of the character and his stats(fairly low level atm), the touchpad, or something I'm doing that I don't know I'm doing, but when I'm doing the field songs and I have to hold the stylus for the long notes and moving it up and down, most of the time it gives me an error for... I have no idea some times. I'll be on the line one second then suddenly it gives me a Bad. Reeeeeally getting annoying, especially when my only errors are those ones. It's not a problem in any other type of song except for the field types.
    And you're not leaving the line during any point of it? Might want to calibrate the touch screen in 3DS Settings just to make sure it's not randomly flipping out and moving it for like a frame or two.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Idk if this is what you are talking about. but I do hate the green hold notes that have a direction at the end. It will give me a miss or so because it registers my moving of the cursor up or down as me pressing left.

Also, you can't hold the line with the stylus, then use the circle pad to hit the slide at the end of a hold. Doesn't work in combination.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Idk if this is what you are talking about. but I do hate the green hold notes that have a direction at the end. It will give me a miss or so because it registers my moving of the cursor up or down as me pressing left.
    If you're speaking about the Field music stages(edit: you are)... yah... fuck those, the ones facing Right, Up-right or Down-right are nearly impossible to hit with "buttons" when its at the end of an upslide or downslide (especially the crazy fucking updownupdownupdown ones), as Stylus its a little easier but they are still the bane of my scores in that game, they feel so cheap, its the only time I ever really get "bad" or "miss" in FMS. I occasionally get them, but I can't discern what the shit determines a hit or miss with them honestly, cause I always do the same thing.

Glad I'm not the only one thats annoyed as hell with those things detection.

Ridill
    BG Level

I'll try the calibration since I hadn't done that yet. But yeah, I'm using the stylus 100% of the time and I've got no problem with the swiping at the end, it's always just holding it as it waves up and down it'll just suddenly be like "nope" and I get a Bad. I know I'm not on the line perfectly, but I know im within the game's tolerance of what it allows most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    I'll try the calibration since I hadn't done that yet. But yeah, I'm using the stylus 100% of the time and I've got no problem with the swiping at the end, it's always just holding it as it waves up and down it'll just suddenly be like "nope" and I get a Bad. I know I'm not on the line perfectly, but I know im within the game's tolerance of what it allows most of the time.
    It doesn't really allow being that much off at all on Ultimate and it depends on the length of time from the last dot on the line. It's also more sensitive on following the line than the first game, where on tons of the quick up/down motions you could just hold it still in the middle... The variance it lets you do that for still exists but it's definitely way less.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I think I figured it out last night.

Idk what play style you use, I use the control stick and a button.

The trick is to hold the A button until after you move the control stick in the direction required. I was letting it go too soon. Have to really hold it down. I was getting criticals last night that way.

If you keep holding it, you pressing up or down to move slider doesnt seem to make it trigger at wrong moment.

Ridill
    BG Level

I use the stylus. and I think I know what I was doing "wrong."
    You have to press down on the screen really hard. Harder than I'm really comfortable with for fear of scratching the touch screen.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So, the Chocobo Dungeon series of songs seems to be remixed versions of other FF songs... they even have "Awakening" from FFXI... I did not see that coming tbh.

Also, I'm at 40k+ Points and still haven't unlocked the Movie-Music for FFXI >_>

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    So, the Chocobo Dungeon series of songs seems to be remixed versions of other FF songs... they even have "Awakening" from FFXI... I did not see that coming tbh.

Also, I'm at 40k+ Points and still haven't unlocked the Movie-Music for FFXI >_>
    Game should have entire ffxi soundtrack imo

I would have payed full price for a ffxi only theatrhythm

Yup, chocobos dungeon for wii was basically all past FF remixes, other than Door Crawl as far as i know. ( i love that song)

Not sure if that one's in the game though. it was the ending credits song so if it is it's likely a lot of rhythymia to unlock.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I had that same issue of needing to press down 'just a little harder' with the stylus back in the demo of the game. Actually just got around to playing the game the other day due to archeage. It's amazing how I can play a song or just hear the music in like the chaos select screen and get the urge to want to play all the games... Also, I hate the slanted FMS ones like the airship in FF1.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Three issues:

1. I miss (bad, really, not actual miss) so many -> I think its because of the angle I hold the stylus and me being right handed, maybe when I press down I go a little bit forward accidentally?
    2. I'm horrible at the movie ones. lol. I think my ADHD come in here and the movie distracts me. I wish I could turn it off just to see.
    3. Nostalgia bomb in the middle of certain songs and chills running down my spine is always distracting hahahha

I love this game and there are soooo many songs, I haven't even scratched the surface. I love that heavy metal chocobo sound in the DLC, I don't remember that in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mistmonster View Post
    Three issues:

1. I miss (bad, really, not actual miss) so many -> I think its because of the angle I hold the stylus and me being right handed, maybe when I press down I go a little bit forward accidentally?
    2. I'm horrible at the movie ones. lol. I think my ADHD come in here and the movie distracts me. I wish I could turn it off just to see.
    3. Nostalgia bomb in the middle of certain songs and chills running down my spine is always distracting hahahha

I love this game and there are soooo many songs, I haven't even scratched the surface. I love that heavy metal chocobo sound in the DLC, I don't remember that in the game.
    The timing on the EMS is much more challenging than the regular stages. Don't bother looking at when the circle is going to hit the note except to know what beat it's going to be on... You'll always end up missing at least a few going visual.

The slide or hold->slide triggers take a little bit of practice to make sure you're doing the slide motion 100% of the time properly. Try changing the way you hold your stylus or the angle you hold your 3DS.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

What does everyone's favorite song list look like for this game?
    Surprised at how different me and my friend are on our favorite songs.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Good lord.

This game shits on Guitar hero in terms of difficulty

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mist Monster
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I really wish we have more FFXI songs, especially CoP stuff. Like the boss music and sea, distance worlds etc. Oh and Pirate music! Shit, I want Sky music too lol. Damn I think the only music is the whole thing I don't care for is Windy City (past is good though)

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Good lord.

This game shits on Guitar hero in terms of difficulty
    Guitar Hero 1/2, yeah. Theatryhthm is harder.

The others? No way sir, no way.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Only played GH 2 and WT.

GH 2 had more expert songs I couldnt beat, mostly the ones in the final tier, the devil chapter. WT, Think I beat them all on expert, pretty well.

iirc 2 was ab it harder than Wt, to me at least.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast