BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Demo is up on the eshop

woot

BG Level

Demo is pretty underwhelming, 2 songs only Edgar + Sabin theme (FFVI FMS) and Jenova (FFAC BMS)

BMS is pretty much the same then in the first one but FMS will be imo harder, Now you have a target circle behind and you need to exactly follow the line iwth that target or you can get some misses.

Party is Lightning (FFXIII-3), Laguna (FFVII), Tifa (FFVII AC) and Edgar (FFVI)

You should still play the demo because it says you can unlock stuff in the real game

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You unlock characters earlier with the demo, not really that big of a deal.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Most Valuable Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cayden Fereles
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Got my copy on Saturday and I've been playing it between work shifts. So far I'm enjoying all of it thoroughly. Character choices don't matter and some of the skills are meh but show their strength moreso if you're underleveled while doing the quest medley. The important thing here is I chose my party leader to be an emo late-teen with messy hair.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Love the game :D - Online play is fun and pretty easy to get into... you have a f**kload of songs unlocked from the get go (well, almost get go, need to beat 1 song to unlock all series)... Adventure modes quite fun too, you unlock different ones as you progress, and theres 4 types. Short, Medium, Long, and recieved (or something to that effect)... which determines the tiles you need to move as well as if/how many mini-bosses. the "Received" ones are just ones you get from other players via street pass or online battles. The adventures, amongst other things, are the quickest way to level up and unlock new characters. for exp, you get an exp multiplier for every stage you clear in adventure, and the final bosses usually give 4-5 shards for unlocking new folks.

Also, unlocking people is a bit different, instead of 1 shard unlocking a person, theres a handful of shard/colors (well, a little more than a handful) that each unlock multiple characters, but you chose 1. Example, 6 peach shards let you pick from 5 different characters to unlock, you chose 1, and then you collect 6 more to unlock another. I like it.

A lot of improvements.

For FFXI fans, when you're making your street pass card, if you make one... listen to the melody.
    Spoiler: show
    Its a remixed Mog House theme from XI :D

Also

non-Vocal version of "Distant Memories" plays when you're viewing your album

BG Level

Does this version have the same proble mas the first one?

Aka if you don't do the chaos notes and leveling correctly you can miss some characters?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Not that I'm aware of yet, but I mean, I'm not too far ahead.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Just bought. Looking to PvP anyone who wants it!

Buffing chars with CollectaCards is weird. Make sure you bump up success rates on low success cards earlier in the set of 8 you're applying (you'll understand the first time you do it).

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

unlocked prishe aphmau and lilisette, not sure if arciela is in. ._. lvld shantotto allready to 70 want to start fresh with a FFXI only party!

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Maybe I'm confused, but the music at the end of each song sounds like the music from pokemon after you win a battle.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Maybe I'm confused, but the music at the end of each song sounds like the music from pokemon after you win a battle.
    ... Uh... Yeah, I'm going to go with confused here.

I've thrown about 12 hours at the game and I've hit the point where I'm able to read and actually input most of the Ultimate charts again... Not sure if it's really worth the 40 to me anymore given the amount of time I gave the original and the iOS version (added all the songs via computer, screw $1 per song...).

I'd say if you haven't put a lot of time into the other versions, definitely worth a buy. Otherwise, YMMV.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    unlocked prishe aphmau and lilisette, not sure if arciela is in. ._. lvld shantotto allready to 70 want to start fresh with a FFXI only party!
    Nope, just those 4.

You can view all unlockable characters in the change character screen... they're just blacked out, however it shows the game they're from, and those 3 + Shantotto are the only FFXI ones.

DLC characters maybe? But dont think so. Also, I'm pretty good at online (can Triple S some Extreme songs...) but man, some people are just nuts.

Oh, and a few Extreme songs might as well be Through the Fire and the Flames, I mean, shit son

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Nope, just those 4.

You can view all unlockable characters in the change character screen... they're just blacked out, however it shows the game they're from, and those 3 + Shantotto are the only FFXI ones.

DLC characters maybe? But dont think so. Also, I'm pretty good at online (can Triple S some Extreme songs...) but man, some people are just nuts.

Oh, and a few Extreme songs might as well be Through the Fire and the Flames, I mean, shit son
    You won't see that character until you get 1 crystal aka I don't see black shard characters yet

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    You won't see that character until you get 1 crystal aka I don't see black shard characters yet
    Theres only one Black Shard character.

its
    Sephiroth

That last video reminded me that Selbina had the best music in XI

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast