1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 54 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 5 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -3 hours, -6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 12 hours, 5 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    And they're spectacular!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

If only Microsoft would release some godsdamned drivers for their chatpad! I've had limited success using the fanmade alpha drivers, but will be trying out the PS3 chatpad soon. Hopefully having to reach my thumbs up to the PS3 chatpad is as good as reaching them down on the 360 pad.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Kurokikaze View Post
    I see.. So they activate the first action on the first hit then cycle through every hit after? <-- if this is the case then you need to remember how deep into the macro you are. Lest you use the wrong ability.

Sorry if these sound like stupid questions... Between working tons of OT, social life and login issues (when I'm finally able to play) I haven't been able to log in much.
    First available. So if the first ability is off cooldown it gets used. Otherwise the second ability gets used, unless it's on cooldown, in which case third ability gets used, etc. I use it for just cycling abilities.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

is it possible on the PS3 version to swap from a cross hotbar to a standard hotbar while using mouse/KB? or is it stuck with the cross hotbar?

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Drai View Post
    is it possible on the PS3 version to swap from a cross hotbar to a standard hotbar while using mouse/KB? or is it stuck with the cross hotbar?
    They said they could not do that because of memory limitations.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Finally got a chance to sit down and work out some macros. Got it so that the first combo in DRG rotation throws me to CHotbar 2 then the end of that combo tosses me back to CHotbar 1.

My actually opt into just macroing TT -> VT -> FT into the same macro and just spam it.

Is there an ARR macro version of WoW's "#showtooltip" so that when I hover over the macro it still display ability information?

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Finally got a chance to sit down and work out some macros. Got it so that the first combo in DRG rotation throws me to CHotbar 2 then the end of that combo tosses me back to CHotbar 1.

My actually opt into just macroing TT -> VT -> FT into the same macro and just spam it.

Is there an ARR macro version of WoW's "#showtooltip" so that when I hover over the macro it still display ability information?
    Apparently the game rounds decimals, so you either end up trying to attack every two seconds, or they go off every three seconds and you waste a little time. I'd hoped to macro several abilities together as well but it doesn't work particular well. There's no tooltip, but you could make the name something descriptive so you see that.

Is there a /call function for macros? Something to let you know like "Internal Release is ready!" or a similar notification?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

/micon "Ability" will show TP cost/cooldown but no way to show tooltips afaik.

I'm loathe to use the second crossbar in a way where I'm constantly needing to switch back and forth (even with the /chotbar command), so I've been toying with some things to see if I can get away from it. For example, I have a macro for DRG like so:

/micon "True Thrust"
    /ac "Blood for Blood" <me>
    /ac "Bloodbath" <me>
    /ac "Mercy Stroke" <t>
    /ac "True Thurst" <t>
    /recast "Blood for Blood"
    /recast "Bloodbath"

/micon "Vorpal Thrust"
    /ac "Internal Release" <me>
    /ac "Vorpal Thrust" <t>
    /recast "Internal Release"

/micon "Full Thrust"
    /ac "Life Surge" <me>
    /ac "Full Thrust" <t>
    /recast "Life Surge"

I'm not sure how I feel about it quite yet: sometimes it's annoying, but for long fights I can feel confident that I'm not missing out too much on buffs: if it's available, I'm not going very long without using it.

(I have another hotbar for sticky situations, so I can actually get the Bloodbath benefit, for example, if I'm in a pinch and need it. Then I'd just stay on that hotbar doing stuff until the issue passed and switch back to my normal one).

It also works well in the same with stuff like Fight or Flight, because why wouldn't you want to use that whenever you could? Do you need a whole other button for it? This method can be annoying, though, and I'm looking into using side hotbars just for things on a CD, too. So we'll see.