+ Reply to Thread
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Battle[dot]net account hacked woes

Recently my account was hacked by the Chinese. I know this, because right before Blizzard emailed me that my request to change my email address to l***@163.com, Yahoo emailed me and stated an unsuccessful attempt to log in to my email was made from China.

I cannot get account back with secret question, since it was changed after being hacked. So when I get home, I try to use my Diablo 3 CD Key, but then I see it says a game registered within the last three days.

(WTF, the last three days!? Am I suppose to run out and buy another Blizzard game just so I can use this method? Sense made, zero.)

So I use my printer to scan my Driver License and send it in. Get the email confirming my account was hacked and my secret question was compromised. I worked the next few days so I never got around to resetting my password. When I did, the link had apparently expired. I send another copy of DL and state the password reset was expired and not working, I get sent another one. I use this one immediately and successfully change my password!

Attempt to log in... Account is locked due to suspicious activity. I send a third copy of my DL, get an email back stating to unlock my account, I need to change my password using either my secret question answer (I haven't got to fix yet so I still don't know it), or a CD Key of a game, registered within three days.

Are they always this stupid? I don't even play WoW, only Diablo 3. And not even often. I only had about 400,000 gold on my account.

Just needed to vent.

Ridill
    BG Level

This is my authenticator. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My authenticator is my best friend. I must master it as I must master my life.

My authenticator, without me, is useless. Without my authenticator, I am useless.

Yeah authenticators are a no-brainer decision.

You can get a free one for any smartphone.