1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 32 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Spy View Post
    It works. Also, I thought that using the macroicon command gives you the icon + tooltip hover? :/
    Nope, just the icon and cooldown info pertinent to that specific skill.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm testing out the Circle of Scorn macro with flash and it doesn't seem to be using flash. I see no MP used nor does it reset it's timer. Pressing it twice does allow flash to be used as Circle of Scorn is now on cooldown. Does there need to be a wait in it?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshiin View Post
    I'm testing out the Circle of Scorn macro with flash and it doesn't seem to be using flash. I see no MP used nor does it reset it's timer. Pressing it twice does allow flash to be used as Circle of Scorn is now on cooldown. Does there need to be a wait in it?
    You have to press the button repeatedly.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You can throw a wait in there if you want, but since Flash is on the GCD and Circle of Scorn is not, you probably don't want to do that. I think the idea of that macro was so you'd be able to fire one of them off when dealing with multiple mobs, and Circle of Scorn is preferable to Flash when it's off cooldown.

e: So yeah, just press the button repeatedly if you really want to use both.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I skimmed the thread and didn't see this mentioned. I just got relic sword and was wondering what my priorities should be for spending my mythology. My gear is mainly hoplite with a few DL accessories until I meld HQ crafted shit.

Should I be saving up to upgrade my sword first before buying relic armor?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Sword/Shield is a fair upgrade but since you're not a main dps and not running DL gear with the two-slot crap you may want to consider going straight for AFv2. Different people will have different opinions on the priority. From a comparison of pieces, the legs/feet/body are very good upgrades. Hero's ring of fending is also very good. The body less so without allagan headpiece (or something with accuracy melds) in place but if you're not worried about accuracy at the moment then have at it. You'll need it later though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    Sword/Shield is a fair upgrade but since you're not a main dps and not running DL gear with the two-slot crap you may want to consider going straight for AFv2. Different people will have different opinions on the priority. From a comparison of pieces, the legs/feet/body are very good upgrades. Hero's ring of fending is also very good. The body less so without allagan headpiece (or something with accuracy melds) in place but if you're not worried about accuracy at the moment then have at it. You'll need it later though.
    Alright, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by samalis View Post
    I skimmed the thread and didn't see this mentioned. I just got relic sword and was wondering what my priorities should be for spending my mythology. My gear is mainly hoplite with a few DL accessories until I meld HQ crafted shit.

Should I be saving up to upgrade my sword first before buying relic armor?
    +1 both your relics->ring-> chest/neck/ear

A question here about -DODGE-.

Have people worked out what dodge rates characters have, and what affects them? There's no Dodge percentage stat listed anyway, or rating, and no gear has anything on it to do with dodge. None of the tooltips for any of the stats mention affecting dodge rate. The only skill I can see that has any kind of effect on dodging is Featherfoot, which Paladins can't cross class anyway.

I havent parsed anything but i'd seem to have about a 10-15% dodge rate by "eye", going on how many i see on the average garuda or so (in full darklight-level stuff). Dodging is super strong as you can dodge nasty AOE boss abilities and such, but I wish I knew what affected it.

I assume it's nothing to do with Accuracy because i see "Miss" pop up at times too. The only stats that would seem to affect Dodge would be either Defense, if it was some kind of factor into the hit roll, and Dexterity, but that's only due to Dex "usually" increasing dodge in other MMOs.

Do we just have a flat base dodge rate we can't affect, perhaps modified by boss level, or is some kind of tanking stat increasing it - it feels like my dodge rate is really quite significant so I'd assume some stat I'm stacking on my tank gear is helping it, but the numbers being shrouded are a mystery.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphidia View Post
    A question here about -DODGE-.

Have people worked out what dodge rates characters have, and what affects them? There's no Dodge percentage stat listed anyway, or rating, and no gear has anything on it to do with dodge. None of the tooltips for any of the stats mention affecting dodge rate. The only skill I can see that has any kind of effect on dodging is Featherfoot, which Paladins can't cross class anyway.

I havent parsed anything but i'd seem to have about a 10-15% dodge rate by "eye", going on how many i see on the average garuda or so (in full darklight-level stuff). Dodging is super strong as you can dodge nasty AOE boss abilities and such, but I wish I knew what affected it.

I assume it's nothing to do with Accuracy because i see "Miss" pop up at times too. The only stats that would seem to affect Dodge would be either Defense, if it was some kind of factor into the hit roll, and Dexterity, but that's only due to Dex "usually" increasing dodge in other MMOs.

Do we just have a flat base dodge rate we can't affect, perhaps modified by boss level, or is some kind of tanking stat increasing it - it feels like my dodge rate is really quite significant so I'd assume some stat I'm stacking on my tank gear is helping it, but the numbers being shrouded are a mystery.
    Your dodge rating gets floored to the ground in Coil, so I'm assuming it has something to do with mob stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    Your dodge rating gets floored to the ground in Coil, so I'm assuming it has something to do with mob stats.
    It seems from a bit more investigation that Dodge -is- simply the "inverse" of a Miss, so likely just a factor of Mob Accuracy compared with Player Level, with debuffs like Blind reducing their accuracy and seeing more frequent dodges.

This sounds obvious, but it's only now that I realise that sticking Blind on bosses actually helps you dodge their special AOE attacks as much as just their melee.

Testing today showed that both the baseline enmity and enmity boosting stances have fallen more in line (but still has some issues), I suspect a ninja fix on SE's side.

More information to come soon.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

How much does the gear ranking hold up? Would you still list everything in the same order in terms of what is BIS today?

How much does the gear ranking hold up? Would you still list everything in the same order in terms of what is BIS today?
    Still extremely accurate. Only thing to debate over is to pick determ over parry to get more threat since parry is RNG.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Not to mention I'm fairly sure his bis list doesn't cap acc but would be too much of a pain to check on ipad.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

napkinning it but assuming i read the guide and xivdb correctly it's +97 accuracy and base accuracy is like 340?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

So like 48 accuracy off what you ideally want. I still like Allagan body over Valor (if Allagan tank anything would drop ever) because it makes managing accuracy cap tons easier with that massive chunk of accuracy.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I really hate the look of darklight body/head on PLD, I was hoping to get Valor body and upgrade my sword. Do you think it's a good idea or should I just bite the bullet, suffer through DL, and wait for coil? I read that the Allagan shield is better than +1 and it can drop off the first boss in Coil.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

It's not necessarily better though accuracy is probably more useful than skill speed.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I really hate the look of darklight body/head on PLD, I was hoping to get Valor body and upgrade my sword. Do you think it's a good idea or should I just bite the bullet, suffer through DL, and wait for coil? I read that the Allagan shield is better than +1 and it can drop off the first boss in Coil.
    I use Hoplite body/head over DL in coil on WAR just for accuracy. DL body definitely isn't necessary if the rest of your gear is up to scratch.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast