1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 29 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

[Guide] Paladin Tanking Compendium

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Do people not understand how random drops work?

Keyword is random.
    2 chances a week sets up too many situations for random to completely fuck you over. This is why WoW is getting rid of 10 mans. It's a dumb and archaic system and could be done better. Can't blame people for getting upset.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Seen first pair of feet and shield drop last week and passed the shield and took the feet and have been doing coil since a little after release also :/ also healing hands and casting legs seem to never ever drop either.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Yeah I know it is random. Just annoying as fuck. I refuse to spend 300 myths on the shield lol

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kurai Entreri
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Tiernin View Post
    Yeah I know it is random. Just annoying as fuck. I refuse to spend 300 myths on the shield lol
    Cmon, you know how it works. If you really want the Shield, you'll have to +1 yours, then the Allagan will drop. +

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lyn Tah'row
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by TheGlow View Post
    Cmon, you know how it works. If you really want the Shield, you'll have to +1 yours, then the Allagan will drop. +
    Unless this is your plan to make it drop, in which case it'll never drop anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    2 chances a week sets up too many situations for random to completely fuck you over. This is why WoW is getting rid of 10 mans. It's a dumb and archaic system and could be done better. Can't blame people for getting upset.
    Yeah, but that's not why I said what I said.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So i'm having a lot of trouble OT tanking Garuda EX. Not really sure what the problem is but i'll take all the suggestions i can get. Problems start during tornado phase. I grab chir and spinney and go SE or SW (depending on group). Problems come when chir dies and i try to switch spinney for supa with the MT. I pop tempered Will > provoke > shield lob and run back to my spot, but she never comes fully to me. Only 1/2 way then turns around, goes to dps, or doesn't do anything at all (yes im in Shield oath). Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Aylee View Post
    So i'm having a lot of trouble OT tanking Garuda EX. Not really sure what the problem is but i'll take all the suggestions i can get. Problems start during tornado phase. I grab chir and spinney and go SE or SW (depending on group). Problems come when chir dies and i try to switch spinney for supa with the MT. I pop tempered Will > provoke > shield lob and run back to my spot, but she never comes fully to me. Only 1/2 way then turns around, goes to dps, or doesn't do anything at all (yes im in Shield oath). Any ideas?
    Is the MT building hate on his clone as well? Because if you voke it and it goes to DPS it means the MT hasn't been doing shit to build hate. The only other thing you can do is queue up Savage Blade/RoH, voke and hit that right after voking.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Need a volunteer to take over the OP.

Old Merits
    BG Level

In general, you shouldn't be taking Suparna away in the first place; you should certainly run to the other side and deal damage to her (Provoke being optional since hate-management would be annoying with the MT attacking her, not to mention positioning), but seeing how Suparna being around grants Garuda Stoneskin, the MT will have Garuda with an impenetrable Stoneskin as well as a plume on his side, which means he's unable to contribute anything at all to the fight damage-wise.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Lepetit89 View Post
    In general, you shouldn't be taking Suparna away in the first place; you should certainly run to the other side and deal damage to her (Provoke being optional since hate-management would be annoying with the MT attacking her, not to mention positioning), but seeing how Suparna being around grants Garuda Stoneskin, the MT will have Garuda with an impenetrable Stoneskin as well as a plume on his side, which means he's unable to contribute anything at all to the fight damage-wise.
    So at that phase just take chir to SE (and possibly Spiney) then once dead just gather @ MT and kill supa there (voking spiney off @ 2 stacks if its not already on me?

Old Merits
    BG Level

So at that phase just take chir to SE (and possibly Spiney) then once dead just gather @ MT and kill supa there (voking spiney off @ 2 stacks if its not already on me?
    Would be preferable, though that would also depend on your healer's ability to handle the damage caused by Wicked Wheel (unless you move out of range, of course).

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I just leave the Spiny on whoever until they have two stacks and then grab it. If you take it first you risk ending up having to provoke again at the end of the phase and not having it up for the eye of the storm phase.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

OT 201 :

Assuming you have the minimum gear check comparatively to the rest of the party, you can use sword oath full time. If not, shield oath where needed.

Coming into to the Tornado phase, a charged halone should be readied beforehand. Time the savage blade to land right before Garuda teleports away so your Halone will last for when Chir comes in. Standard rotation on whatever your designated corner is. If Chir is not dead 5s after slipstream, your DPS is bad and should feel bad.

Assuming that Spiny is not on you, pull it off whoever it is on. There is no good reason to pull Ship away from the MT. If anything, pulling it off MT will screw over your healers more. Run to the MT to help dps as the tornado sound goes off if you want, tbh your DPS is going to be low so it honestly doesn't matter.

Hardest thing for the OT to do is to try not to not super cyclone the party on transition to the center phase since there's a chance your stacks wouldn't have cleared from the previous phase... and yes, calling that the hardest thing for the OT is a testament to how little the OT really does in the fight other than count stacks.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eurlin Vindictae
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Titan
    WoW Realm
    Dalvengyr

There's nothing wrong with grabbing suprana, it won't hurt your healers, it won't hurt your dps, if anything it'll help your groups dps depending on the setup. You don't need to voke Spiney in the beginning unless he's on the MT and you want to swap Suprana later, otherwise just watch the stacks.

IF Suprana is going straight to the DPS that's the Main tanks fault, not yours. IF Spiney blows up, that's your fault. Voking early means the MAin tank has to voke spiney as well, which is honestly extra work for a tank...for no real reason. Especially if you're just going to let him keep Suprana. Provoke will always be up for the following phase, and you'll be able to pull spiney out of the group no problem. 2 stacks is over 30 seconds assuming you don't voke off the first person before they hit 2 stacks.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

We're going to lock this one for now, if you have pld questions start a new one in the GD section.

If I actually get a volunteer to take over guide duties, we'll make a new one and link to this thread.

Closed Thread
Page 53 of 53 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53