1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ascelina Lionarm
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Medica 2 + Regen OP

Quote Originally Posted by Enygma55 View Post
    WHM is easier to heal with
    I don't know why all the whm pugs I get are so terrible then XD. Did Stone Vigil for a FC friend, she was a blm. Whm couldn't cure me even when tanking only 2 mobs, the pull before the last boss with the 2 dragons? Yeah died horribly there, even though our sch friend kept me up and said I was "boring to heal". Ended up duoing the last boss with the blm. She had the arcanist heal and would just heal me everytime dragon went up in the air, I self healed myself for the rest.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ascelina Lionarm
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Stone Vigil boss as WHM was a little boring

PROVIDED people know how to dodge when he goes buckwild with the AOEs. If they're retarded and don't it stretches your healing ability to the limit.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    I don't know why all the whm pugs I get are so terrible then XD
    The problem I usually see with WHM pugs (granted I'm SCH mostly so I only see this for 8man) is they think Cure has a 10 second recast time instead of riding that GCD timer. That plus slow reaction time = death sentence.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Bump

Can't start threads yet :-/

Random WHM questions:

Just looking for some guidance on how to build a proper WHM for endgame play and/or whatever the hell's coming up on the horizon

Currently 43WHM Lalafell

Which stats should I be applying my attribute points towards? MND PIE seem like the obvious choices, but HP obviously plays a huge part in most worthwhile shit so I'm on the fence here

Gear wise , I guess that's where most of my endgame HP is comin from, but what else am I going for? Spellspeed seems to be a factor then shits goin to shit, but I'm not reading much about it being a necessary requirement

Due to coming up on DF, I've yet to see another WHM play their role in this game so I can't really gauge my performance - I mean, I do my best to make people not die and it usually works out, but is there anything I'm missing aside from cure, cure, cure, cure II? Is there a WHM formula so that I don't look like an asshole come the big fight?

Btw - this job can be super fucking stressful - 10year FFXI vet here, but damn - some of this shit (even the first Titan) had me sweatin - sure it's a party scenario, but very reaction-ary and 0% fail rate much like some of the difficult FFXI solos

Anyways, specific end game gear to strive for? What are the gear slots best filled with?
    Best weapon aside from Relic?

Which 5 cross-class abilities are a must?

Kinda new to all this - thanks for listening

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ang View Post
    Which stats should I be applying my attribute points towards? MND PIE seem like the obvious choices, but HP obviously plays a huge part in most worthwhile shit so I'm on the fence here
    MND, MND and more MND.

Gear wise , I guess that's where most of my endgame HP is comin from, but what else am I going for? Spellspeed seems to be a factor then shits goin to shit, but I'm not reading much about it being a necessary requirement
    MND, MND and more MND. You'll get enough VIT from gear without having to worry about it.

Due to coming up on DF, I've yet to see another WHM play their role in this game so I can't really gauge my performance - I mean, I do my best to make people not die and it usually works out, but is there anything I'm missing aside from cure, cure, cure, cure II? Is there a WHM formula so that I don't look like an asshole come the big fight?
    Until end game you typically have plenty of time to swap to Cleric Stance and nuke a bit between heals. I can't remember at what level you get Regen but liberally apply that when you can.

Anyways, specific end game gear to strive for? What are the gear slots best filled with?
    Best weapon aside from Relic?
    You should be looking at DL/il70 crafted gear. Fill out the missing slots with Strategos drops from AK and GC items. For the weapon you can just look at the item level with the higher the better. GC/WP is L55, Ifrit L60 and Garuda L70. Titan is L80 but if you can beat him you can also get relic so it's pretty pointless.

Swiftcast from THM is the only important one IIRC. It lets you insta cast Raise.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Frein View Post
    GC/WP is L55, Ifrit L60 and Garuda L70. Titan is L80 but if you can beat him you can also get relic so it's pretty pointless.
    Titan is actually iLvl70, which makes it even stupider. Relic is iLvl80.

Quote Originally Posted by Ang View Post
    On top of Swiftcast mentioned above, I'd set Virus for sure. Eye-for-an-eye is meh, but it's better than nothing. Beyond that, I don't recall what's available.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Discounting Ruin and Physick you only have 5 cross-class options on WHM. Surecast and Thunder are kind of never used but they're on the way to Swiftcast so yeah. Virus and Eye are kind of helpful.

Edit: v Well, I learned something today.

Thunder is the most damage of WHM's DoTs but the least MP efficient, it shares a duration with Aero tho so it's easier to Cleric -> Thunder + Aero -> Un-Cleric and maintain both effects.

You'll need both in any raid. Level which one one you want to because they both have a need. SCH has the advantage of giving you SMN also which is the strongest dps specs at the moment.

One bit of advice is don't be a healer (or any mage) with the standard controls, it is a nightmare. For a variety of reasons your character may not face the direction you expect it to (yes I know you can turn face to cast off, but I like to dps also). When that happens you'll go to strafe one direction to avoid aoe and go in the opposite direction.

Go to character configuration and switch to legacy controls. Now you'll always move relative to the camera, which makes dodging while healing and nuking so much easier.

Now if you want it to be more like the standard controls, you can go to escape -> key bindings and make camera look left/right to A and D respectively. Or if you want it to be like ffxi and go all keyboard, you can do the ijkl thing too.

One bonus of all this, when you go backwards now you will face that direction and run instead of taking the slow backsteps.

As a side note, I made a post on reddit about this and guess how many points it has. Reddit is just as terrible as Allakhazam was, glad to see this website is still up and running.

I'm a WHM and love it personally. Swiftcast is a must have for Medica 2 and Raise instant casts.