1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 49 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 10 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 49 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Meh, fair enough.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I can live with that. By that time we should all have reasonably powerful and cheaper netbooks or 13inch and under laptops.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm ok with that, I can't imagine I'd ever want to go back to playing on the PS3 once I get the PS4 version.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I was scared for a real downside

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Dunno why somebody would want to go back to the ps3 version for bad fps and graphics when the ps4 version is supposed to be comparable to PC on high settings

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Only thing I can see is that this would mean hubby and I would have to get two ps4s instead of sharing one!

(Totally understand them doing this....and I totally know he's going to end up getting to use the ps4!)

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I'm glad it is going to be 1920x1080. I was worried they would only give us a 720p version.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Thanks to Black Friday, in Canada you can pick up the PS3 version for $15 from EB Games - http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/landing/fly...2013/page2.htm .

In the US you can buy the PS3 version for half price from the SE store - http://store.na.square-enix.com/stor...0#.UperrcTWiL4 .

There might be better alternatives for US people but I'm Canadian.

I just wonder if this would require you to leave the PS3 disk in the PS4 to run the game...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    I just wonder if this would require you to leave the PS3 disk in the PS4 to run the game...
    No, dunno why would you even think that D:

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Considering the PS4 cannot play PS3 games I don't see how that would be possible lol.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm sure it's just going to be a PSN/Mog Station-side one-time check.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Considering the PS4 cannot play PS3 games I don't see how that would be possible lol.
    That's how those PS3 to PS4 upgrades like call of duty ghosts work, no? I thought I read that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    No, dunno why would you even think that D:
    This is why...

Then use the original PlayStation®3 disc in the PlayStation®4 to activate and start playing.
    http://us.playstation.com/digitalupgrade/

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ignoring how the whole transfer process works because I didn't really read about that, the game runs from a client that is installed on the HDD, not from the disc. Secondly, XIV is not the same as those games, since you have an S-E account that is tagged as a PS3 version. They can just slap a PS4 tag on it and let you download the PS4 version.

Ignoring how the whole transfer process works because I didn't really read about that, the game runs from a client that is installed on the HDD, not from the disc. Secondly, XIV is not the same as those games, since you have an S-E account that is tagged as a PS3 version. They can just slap a PS4 tag on it and let you download the PS4 version.
    So, will you have to first register the game through the PS3 to be able to upgrade to the PS4?

I don't have a PS3 anymore so I won't be able to.

Or is there a code in the PS3 game package that I'll be able to register with SE to show I have the PS3 game?

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Dunno why somebody would want to go back to the ps3 version for bad fps and graphics when the ps4 version is supposed to be comparable to PC on high settings
    Just convenience, really. I can imagine pretty simple situations like the one Ksandra describes where someone else might be using the PS4, etc. I honestly don't understand why they make the service accounts separate like this at all. I really want to wish that this is just a master plan so they can eventually drop PS3 altogether because everyone migrates to the PS4, but given SE's track record I doubt that'll happen.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

So, will you have to first register the game through the PS3 to be able to upgrade to the PS4?

I don't have a PS3 anymore so I won't be able to.

Or is there a code in the PS3 game package that I'll be able to register with SE to show I have the PS3 game?
    Yes, I imagine you would need to have the game registered on PS3 first.

Yes, I imagine you would need to have the game registered on PS3 first.
    Yeah, so this deal is useless to me then

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Yeah, so this deal is useless to me then
    There will be hard copies available for sale if you didn't buy the PS3 version.

That being said, if you're strapped for cash, pick up a $15 PS3 version and then upgrade to the PS4 version for free.