1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 55 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 0 hours, 4 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 9 hours, 55 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    There will be hard copies available for sale if you didn't buy the PS3 version.

That being said, if you're strapped for cash, pick up a $15 PS3 version and then upgrade to the PS4 version for free.
    If you read, some people said that he need to log in the PS3 game to activate it

but he doesnt have a PS3

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    If you read, some people said that he need to log in the PS3 game to activate it

but he doesnt have a PS3
    Gotcha, I somehow skipped over that post.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You can always try to find a friend with a PS3. If you have no friends, just buy a PS3 from BestBuy and return it when you've registered your copy of the game.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Despite everyone being okay with losing the PS3 rights by upgrading to PS4, I think it would behoove SE/Sony to grant a 30 day grace period, per account, where both could be accessed.

This would serve as a good insurance policy for both companies if for some reason the PS4 launch does not go smoothly and needs time to be fixed.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    Despite everyone being okay with losing the PS3 rights by upgrading to PS4, I think it would behoove SE/Sony to grant a 30 day grace period, per account, where both could be accessed.
    Or simply just let subscribers access any available client freely?

I don't see why the hell they need to complicate things, I doubt it makes them that much extra money, outside of thinking folks will double/triple-dip for expansion packs to play across the platforms they use since they broke the FFXI methodology of things by making serials per-platform.
    Spoiler: show
    Why can we still not download FFXI's PC client through the SE Account system?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Because they're still a moronic, ass backward company. They do their best to make things terrible.

BG Level

I don't see what is so bad with them removing your PS3 access when you upgrade to Ps4

I don't see what is so bad with them removing your PS3 access when you upgrade to Ps4
    Because the PS4 version will be a beta version... What if it doesn't work at launch and you want to go back to PS3 for a bit before they fix they PS4 version? You're out of luck lol

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Because the PS4 version will be a beta version... What if it doesn't work at launch and you want to go back to PS3 for a bit before they fix they PS4 version? You're out of luck lol
    It won't be too bad. At it's worst, it will be just like PC release and have forced bottlenecks at log in. IIRC they are giving themselves a months worth of beta testing to work out the kinks.

PS3 => PS4 upgrade shouldn't hurt many people unless they have to share their PS4 with their roommates/significant other or something.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    XIV will have a 1 month beta before so

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Well first off, I gave a good example above in that SE seems to think only loners play FFXIV. To start, it means we have to decide who plays the ps4 and who stays on the ps3 for hubby and I since we can't switch off (dumb).

Secondly, we keep a ps3 at my in-laws since I am substitute teaching and they watch my daughter so the days I work I stay with them. If I were to play the ps4 version I'd have to drive my ps4 back n' forth or buy two (also dumb).

Simply put: you can go from ps3 to ps3 because your acc is connected to the psn network. There was no reason to overly complicate this for the ps4. It's just a poor design that gives them no benefit.

BG Level

Buy a vita and remote play

Honestly um i guess

Then suggest them a 'upgrade price' like 20$ and you can kee pboth version?

Everyone should be happy

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

We have one. That's a poor work around though.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also, what if your PS4 has a defect and does the blue pulse? You should be able to go back to the PS3 in case you have buggy new hardware.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by bungiefan View Post
    Also, what if your PS4 has a defect and does the blue pulse? You should be able to go back to the PS3 in case you have buggy new hardware.
    What happens of your ps3 blows up tomorrow?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

What happens of your ps3 blows up tomorrow?
    What happens if THE WORLD blows up tomorrow? How am I going to cap my myth then?

Road Tinnies
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Therin View Post
    What happens if THE WORLD blows up tomorrow? How am I going to cap my myth then?
    OMG..... This made me realise i didnt cap my Myth for the week... .GDI!!!!

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Oreth View Post
    OMG..... This made me realise i didnt cap my Myth for the week... .GDI!!!!
    There's still time

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

[EDIT] Double-posted manually, oops.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So if you 'upgrade' to a PS4 copy, would you have to buy another PS3 copy to play on PS3, or would the account system bitch at you since you technically already used a PS3 key on your account originally?

Hopefully the interface save/loading will be ready before then, as I can't fathom stuff being legible with the sizes I have them at.

Then suggest them a 'upgrade price' like 20$ and you can kee pboth version?
    XIV on PS3 will likely be $20 by the time the PS4 release lands anyhow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast