1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 21 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

On the interwebs if you open your ports on your local router for the PS4

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yukari View Post
    I don't know where to find information on this, but is it possible to get FFXIV for the PS3 and use the same character on both the PS3 and PC?
    It's a cross-platform game. Just get the appropriate serial key for whatever platform you plan to play on, log into your SE Account, and your characters will just be there.

BG Level

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The PlayStation 4 version of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will launch on April 14, Square Enix announced.

The date was announced by producer and director Naoki Yoshida during today’s Letter from the Producer LIVE. Considering Final Fantasy XIV operates on a simultaneous schedule worldwide, we’re assuming this is a global release date.

A collector’s edition will also be available, which includes the in-game items Helm of Light, Baby Behemoth Minion, Coeurl Mount, Behemoth Barding, Wind-up Moogle, and Fat Chocobo Mount.

A beta will begin on February 22.
    http://gematsu.com/2014/01/final-fan...-playstation-4

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Square Enix today announced that the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system version of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be released on April 14, 2014 with official service beginning on the same day.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn on PlayStation 4 system will be available in either a Standard Edition or Collector’s Edition with pre-orders for both starting January 27. Pre-orders for either edition will include two in-game items (Mog Cap & Cait Sith Doll minion) and the ability to participate in Early Access starting on April 11. The limited Collector’s Edition comes packaged with an art book, music CD, art cards, a themed security token, and several special in-game bonus items.

Existing players who have registered a copy of the Final Fantasy XIV Collector’s Edition or Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector’s Edition, or who utilized the digital Collector’s Edition upgrade service, will automatically receive the two new in-game items (Fat Chocobo Mount & Wind-up Moogle minion) that are making their debut in the new PlayStation 4 system Collector’s Edition for free.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn PlayStation 4 system Collector’s Edition Includes

• Special box featuring artwork by Yoshitaka Amano
    • Art Book – The Art of Eorzea: A Realm Reimagined
    • Special Soundtrack -The Sounds of Eorzea-
    • Seventh Umbral Era Special Movie Content Disc – The Waning of the Sixth Sun
    • Art Card Set
    • Themed Security Token
    • In-Game Items – Coeurl Mount, Behemoth Barding, Baby Behemoth minion, Helm of Light, Fat Chocobo Mount and Wind-up Moogle minion

PlayStation 4 system owners will be able to join the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test at no charge starting on February 22. Players who own the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system version of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be able to transfer their accounts to the PlayStation 4 system version for free starting April 11. Once transferred, PlayStation 4 system players will no longer be able to access the PlayStation 3 system version. To play both versions, a player must purchase the PlayStation 4 system version separately. Additional account transfer details will be announced at a later date.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Standard Edition for the PlayStation 4 system will be available for $39.99. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector’s Edition for the PlayStation 4 system will be available exclusively on the Square Enix Online Store for $79.99. A digital version of the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Collector’s Edition will be available for $59.99 through the PlayStation Network. PlayStation 3 system and PlayStation 4 system Standard Edition owners can also choose to upgrade to a digital Collector’s Edition to receive the in-game items through the Final Fantasy XIV Account Management System, Mog Station. A free 30-day trial is included for new accounts, with monthly subscriptions starting at $12.99.
    http://store.na.square-enix.com/stor...isplayHomePage

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Haha, when I read:

PlayStation 4 system owners will be able to join the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test at no charge starting on February 22. Players who own the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system version of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will be able to transfer their accounts to the PlayStation 4 system version for free starting April 11. Once transferred, PlayStation 4 system players will no longer be able to access the PlayStation 3 system version.
    I skipped a line by accident and read this instead and laughed in joy:

PlayStation 4 system owners will be able to join the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Beta Test at no charge starting on February 22. Players who own the PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system version of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Rebornwill no longer be able to access the PlayStation 3 system version.
    Then reread to clarify and was sadfaced

Hmmmm.... does it mean PS4 players can play for free for a month and a half? That's what it sounds like to me.

BG Level

No cuz Beta is a new char on a new server (not sure about the new server)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    No cuz Beta is a new char on a new server (not sure about the new server)
    That's fine for me cause I'm not playing 14 right now lol

BG Level

YEah but i doubt the beta XIV char will carry over if that' what you mean

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So I bought the pc cr edition... will I get the fat choco and wind up moogle or will I have to buy the ps4 ce?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

If you bought ANY CE edition, you should be fine.

edit: removed

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

It's sooo veiny
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arch Dizzle
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Looks great and dat remote play on Vita. Can't wait to upgrade some of the PS3 players in my house.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Keyboard and mouse support, that's hawt. Didn't know that until now. It'll take me some getting used to I'm sure since I'm so used to just controller from the PS3 but keyboard looks much easier to play with

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Beta Details
    Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn launches for PS4 on April 14th, 2014. Many players have questions about the beta, as well as the PS3-to-PS4 transfer process for accounts. Folks were wondering who could participate in the beta, if they could use existing characters, if they needed an existing account, or could jump right in.

Well, luckily enough, today marks the reveal of a whole lot of answers you’ve been waiting for. And not just that — but also a trailer, fully recorded with PS4 in-game scenes.

Okay, let’s get started with some information.

Beta Info

• Phase 1: February 22nd to March 3rd.
    • Phase 2: April 4th to April 7th.
    • Japanese Standard Time assumed for all dates.
    • The beta will be accessible for everyone with a PS4, and directly downloadable from PlayStation Store.
    • There will be a character wipe after phase 1.
    • Players who made their character in beta phase two will be able to bring this data to the retail version.
    • PS3 and PC players of FFXIV will be able to transfer character data to the PS4 (please note that this is only necessary for the beta — in the retail version, all players will play on the same servers).

PS3 to PS4 transfer

The transfer service is scheduled to begin Friday, April 11th, 2014. Please be aware that after transferring to the PS4 you’ll be unable to play the PS3 version using your existing copy. Users who wish to play using both the PS3 and PS4 are required to purchase the PS4 version separately. Users who own multiple service accounts for the PS3 can transfer all accounts to the PS4. Users transferring their accounts will have access during the early access period, scheduled from April 11th to the 13th. Please note: to transfer your PS3 account, you must have logged into it from a PS3 at least once.

PS4 features

• Upgraded graphics on the PS4 in glorious 1080p (see trailer).
    • PS Vita Remote Play — craft, gather, and play wherever you go.
    • Share-support — stream your gameplay or share screenshots.
    • Mouse & Keyboard Support — switching over from a PC? No problem!
    • Touchpad-Support — the touchpad of Dualshock 4 is fully supported.

Did that whet your appetite?

Fun fact: to create the two-minute long trailer above, we recorded more than six hours of footage, creating over 800GB of videos at 1080p. I’m also in that video, visible at around 0:34. The first one to guess who I am will have the honor of being right!
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...s-new-trailer/

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

/dusts off VITA

I'm ready.

To play in bed.

And on the toilet.

Don't have a PS4 but I hope they do some interesting stuff with the PS4 controller touchpad.

I might buy one to use on PC if they make the same integration accessible on the PC client (I don't see why they wouldn't, but this is SE).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast