1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 3 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 6 hours, 36 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Did they all eat Meteor from KB in that trailer? lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/new...or-eorzea.html

Going hands on with the game, we found that the enhancement was immediately apparent, with character models more defined and the realm of Eorzea's backdrops richer in color and texture to create a greater sense of immersion.

An extra coat of gloss is all well and good, but the advanced graphical capabilities of the PS4 has far-reaching implications for Final Fantasy XIV, allowing the game to support up to 200 characters on screen at once without so much as a stutter.

Final Fantasy XIV loses little of its graphical detail when streamed to the smaller display, and the developers have made the Vita interface fully customisable.

We noticed some lag when using the touchscreen to control the mouse cursor, but the smaller display makes for a more intimate experience, ideal for activities such as crafting and gathering.
    http://www.novacrystallis.com/2014/0...ful-than-ever/

PS3 users looking for a graphical upgrade will be happy to know that the PS4 version has been fully optimized for the platform based on the PC version. According to Yoshida, the game runs at a variable framerate with 30fps as the target. This means that it is essentially unlocked with fps fluctuating above 30fps depending on the situation. As a trade-off, the team is pushing for high quality while displaying a high number of characters on screen at once while maintaining a 1080p resolution and high detail.

Our hands-on time with the game was decidedly brief but initial impressions are quite positive. Square Enix gave us a glimpse of the game – running in real time on a PS4 – already on the upcoming patch 2.16, which will include adjustments to some of the world’s content. At first glance the PS4 version isn’t too different from the PS3 version in terms of overall design but its the visuals that provide the most striking differences. Based on our observations, the game runs quite smooth, although it still feels like textures are a slight downgrade from the current PC version running on maximum settings.
    Glad to hear about the uncapped framerate. The PSN blog says they captured video footage for the new trailer off the PS4 and novacrystallis says they were playing off 2.16. That highlander dance isn't in the game so I guess they are adding a new dance emote next patch ?

allowing the game to support up to 200 characters on screen at once without so much as a stutter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Glad to see the PS4 version coming along so nicely. I hope all the PS3 players move over a.s.a.p. Now Yoshi, bring me my Frontlines. I needz the epic grand scale PvP.

beta up on PSN (web store anyway, still at work):

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...XIVARRPS4BETA1

cool dling now

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

It wont work till tomorrow's maint tho right?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

i'm interested to hear some impressions as i'm considering picking up a PS4 for it (amongst other things). specifically, i'm curious as to whether or not it has the horrible input latency on K/M that the PS3 (and the PS2 version of XI, for that matter) has.

BG Level

i'll tell ya when i can test it either today or thursday (since Wednesday night maint should enable it)

BG Level

PS Beta is 11gig, get rdy to download

I doubt it would work until the 22nd lol

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If anyone is going to be streaming the PS4 beta this SAT hit me up with a PM. I'm interested and want to watch. Got nothing else to do...

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Omniyoji View Post
    If anyone is going to be streaming the PS4 beta this SAT hit me up with a PM. I'm interested and want to watch. Got nothing else to do...
    I'll stream np

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I'll stream np
    This ^

What time is beta supposed to go live on the 22nd?

3am EST / 12am PST

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

When we find out servers, let's see if we can't get some of us to play together.

BG Level

Deal

BG Level

Add me to psn ratatapa so we can try party chat in game

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Would be pretty nice if the PS4 version auto-updates, but I doubt it will happen without being in the actual app.

Going to try to play this tonight!

PS4 ID: DeaDshoTs if you want to add.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprias View Post
    Would be pretty nice if the PS4 version auto-updates, but I doubt it will happen without being in the actual app.

Going to try to play this tonight!

PS4 ID: DeaDshoTs if you want to add.
    It won't cuz you need to log in to update