1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 30 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Aren't the allagan stats the same as relic gear though? I was thinking that allagan gear is just generic relic armor with the same stats (ilevel as well) that you can get much more readily than the relic pieces, which have the same VIT and primary stat bonuses, but differ with secondary stat bonuses for their respective jobs.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Base stats should be identical across all the pieces, but the secondary stats will vary.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Those different secondary stats can make a very big difference, especially in cases like accuracy or crit on BRD.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Then that makes them different lol. No they are not the same. Unless you consider things like skill speed and crit to be equal.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I was trying to say that allagan armor are just generic lvl 90 gear for jobs to tide you over till you get the relic pieces. Unfortunately, the mytho cap makes that a two week affair just for one pice

But they aren't. Some are going to be better than AF2. Of course Allagan is going to be better than most DL.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Arvin View Post
    But they aren't. Some are going to be better than AF2. Of course Allagan is going to be better than most DL.
    I gotcha. I wonder why they have made relic armor so difficult to buy in a reasonable amount of time when you have more chances a week in the coil.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Coil drops are split w 8 other people, 2 pieces in Turn 1, 2, and 4. Then you are locked out for the week. I think you are underestimating how long it will take to see several pieces to drop for yourself.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Unless you're a DRG

I can attest to that, got 2 drops off turn 1 and I'm drg lol

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Unless you're a DRG
    lmao

arv, our drg would have 3 pieces if he had been rotated in for turn 1 last night, and he saw duplicate on turn 2. this is our 2nd week.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    My current plan is [BRD] AF+1 Legs > Body > Relic +1 > Hands. Going to take forever and a day, but so is everything else no matter how you slice it. Open to suggestions here on this as I could easily be missing something.
    Hands first, no matter what. AF2 hands are much better than the competition.

I'm going AF2 legs before body but I acknowledge that may not be the best DPS upgrade; I'm making that choice taking perception ("wtf you have ilv60 legs") into account.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

Did legs already, as stated much bigger stat improvement in single piece.

If hands aren't going to give you more +stats than other pieces vs your current gear, I see no reason to do them first just because they are best in slot.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

BRD Relic Hands give you the biggest upgrade.

8dex/9vit/15acc/10crit/-15skill for 495 tomes.
    Legs are only 13dex/15vit/-17acc/10crit/17det for 825 tomes.
    Body is 9dex/11vit/-3acc/15crit for 825 tomes.

If you have 825+ tomes already though then sure get the legs first, but since you're capped at 300 per week you should be getting hands before legs before body.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    BRD Relic Hands give you the biggest upgrade.

8dex/9vit/15acc/10crit/-15skill for 495 tomes.
    Legs are only 13dex/15vit/-17acc/10crit/17det for 825 tomes.
    Body is 9dex/11vit/-3acc/15crit for 825 tomes.

If you have 825+ tomes already though then sure get the legs first, but since you're capped at 300 per week you should be getting hands before legs before body.
    This^

Though, one might argue that if you have 825 tomes then you probably have 900. In which case you are still better off going Hands + Ring for 870 tomes and a much bigger upgrade than legs.

EDIT: And with the ring you also don't have to worry about being derped by an allagan drop.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME

BG Level

I had 900+ yeah, hands are only biggest upgrade if you are considering tome cost. I went for biggest 1 piece upgrade. Could have done hands/ring, but wont have to wait as long to get those in the future. A big factor for me was getting the expensive pieces out of the way first. It's really nitpicking either way as in a few weeks it will all be evened out.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Question: I just got allagan legs off of turn 2 on War and am wondering if I should hold out for allagan feet or splurge on AF2. I currently have DL legs and am picking up AF2 head Monday after reset (upgrade from hoplite, finally). I have NQ Bravura, and was going to go straight for that next, but should I side-track and pick up the AF2 feet before +1ing Bravura?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

In theory getting the feet first would likely be a better upgrade since you'd be boosting two slots overall from HDL. Looks like af2 feet are BiS too so looks like a good sidetrack to me.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Okay, next question: Which comes first?

Upgrade the feet and wear the allagan for 2 sets of ilvl 70 >> 90 or upgrade head over hoplite for one ilvl 60 >> 90?