1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I may not use it in Coil, but I do use it as my primary DD job. I worry about it because I want to know what's best. Generally "gimp" implies some sort of large difference, or at least a mid-sized one, so I figured I'd ask for the math behind it. Turns out there isn't any.

It looks like the actual answer is that you all are playing with self-imposed blinders instead, which is fine by me as long as I got my answer.

Claustrum. Really?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaith Laqueus
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

VIT argument is not necessarily a slippery slope. If you're debating between HQ Spinel and Toxotes then chances are you are wearing Toxotes/DL/AF in the other slots so have low HP. If you have Hero/Allagan/DL rings then you're probably already in Allagan/AF2 armor already so will have a higher HP pool.

Full Toxotes + AH/Tox accessories with no VIT melds is ~3k HP. That's on the low end of the spectrum even for content like Titan. Now if you're talking about only using your BRD for content lower than Titan (i.e. where HP doesn't matter) then an extensive argument between Toxotes/HQ Spinel Ring seems a wee bit pointless to me.

Also it isn't 2 DEX 8 DTR. You can meld DTR to the Spinel Ring.

EDIT: Also like I said earlier, the difference is probably that small that nobody can say either way which is the most damage regardless of content.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I may not use it in Coil, but I do use it as my primary DD job. I worry about it because I want to know what's best.
    I don't understand why you think an AH-buyable ring that costs like 10k (and is convertible!) is some sort of roadblock.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Pure theoretical "what's best" curiosity, as we all surely have here. I'm well aware that I can do content without anything in the ring slot(s) at all.

Also, you're probably not going to convert the ring if you're multi-melding it.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You're not?

What are you going to do with it, then? Permanent inventory-1?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I'm not saying you keep the thing forever. If you have a thing with melds on it, you're probably not going to convert it because the cost of re-melding an item to replace it would outweigh the minor chance that you'll score a materia worth anything. Of course, once said item is completely replaced, you would convert it. If that's all you meant by the end of your statement 3 posts ago, I don't even know why you brought it up. Woo. A single materia. The only time "and it's convertible" is a draw (to me), is if you're converting them as soon as they hit 100%.

Frankly I was confused by the entirety of that post of yours. Not sure how Toxotes vs Spinel+1 ever became "a roadblock". You think one is better, I think the other is better, and since no one was able to provide any math or evidence one way or the other, I am perfectly fine with that conclusion. Like I said before, I was merely trying to determine why it was "gimp" (answer: it's not).

Don't worry your pretty little head though, I won't go around saying Toxotes is better lest I get another rain of vitriol. I have the presence of mind to know when I don't have the evidence to back my theories up, but I sure as hell won't be saying it's worse.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Spinel Ring+1 costs <10k, which you will likely recoup (via convert) after you upgrade that slot. (If you meld for a significantly superior ring, you'll have a net loss; pay to play.) So why would you be so adamant in defending Toxote Ring? Turn it in for seals, buy an HQ Spinel Ring with change you found in your couch, move on with your day.

It's not like I just told you that you need to run Wanderer's Palace repeatedly in hopes of getting a 1/50 rare/ex ring drop for 0.5% damage increase in order not to be gimped. In fact, I don't think anyone ever said Toxote was gimped; they just said Spinel+1 was better.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Whaaaaaaaaatever, for Day and everyone's sake, I'm done with this. You can continue thinking you're right, as you always do. Maybe we should go apply for Congress.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

god damn son it's just a ring, yall niggas gonna talk about this shit for 5 pages, and then just say idc i don't use it for anything anyways. you clearly have your mind made up and just not getting the answer you want so why continue this stupid ass conversation?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

OK so I'm a Scholar with All darklight including accessories, Myth body and head, and a strategos ring and NQ relic.

I'm trying to determine whether to keep going with myth pieces or +1 relic. I heard a rumor that the magic damage increase directly equates to +27 mind. (3 magic damage x 9 mind)

I've found nothing to back this up though. Any one know what these people were talking about? Any advice otherwise?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Welp your MND is probably better than when I took this test but, if you want actual numbers to what that increase to Omnilex+1 is gonna look like: (link)

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    OK so I'm a Scholar with All darklight including accessories, Myth body and head, and a strategos ring and NQ relic.

I'm trying to determine whether to keep going with myth pieces or +1 relic. I heard a rumor that the magic damage increase directly equates to +27 mind. (3 magic damage x 9 mind)

I've found nothing to back this up though. Any one know what these people were talking about? Any advice otherwise?
    1 magic dmg is about 8 hp retorted so yeah 1 magic = 8 mnd

Getting +1 is about 30-40hp more restored

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5