1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 0 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 59 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 0 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Issah Grimes
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'd rather get more philosophies then gold pieces from the optional chest 80 isn't worth the 30 minute + run, not to say I won't be doing them anyway. And if you can still speed run it like people are saying then whatever. I did like those 15 minute runs. I'm hoping the wait to get into the instance is a bit better 40 minute wait to do a 15 minute dungeon is ridiculous

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    It's Shwtym
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    The Allagan coins from treasure chests opened after bosses/optional rooms from what I believe. And I wouldn't say gold ones are shitty, they are 2.5k each
    I thought philosophy and mythology just dropped after beating boss without having to open chests. And I didn't mean shitty , in actually shitty just not the philosophy/mythology sorry lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Issah Grimes
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I'm guessing this is: you could just pick all the nodes and it would only make an attempt on one that actually had stuff. Now I have to actually remember where stuff is again Q_Q
    Or you could pull up the spreadsheet and just see where shit is.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Do you expect the change to do nothing to alleviate the problem?
    Depends on how much effort they put into it. If auto-running in a safe corner will keep you logged in, then it wasn't a very good adjustment.

Time will tell.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Just tested, you can still do speed runs thank god.
    Other peers have been saying otherwise (Increased movement speed on trash mobs, boss rooms being gated), can you give your experience?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

30 minutes is pretty short. I really hope you don't get kicked and lose your spot if you afk for 30 minutes while waiting for the duty finder.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shwtym View Post
    I thought philosophy and mythology just dropped after beating boss without having to open chests. And I didn't mean shitty , in actually shitty just not the philosophy/mythology sorry lol
    Stones do drop when killking the boss only

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    30 minutes is pretty short. I really hope you don't get kicked and lose your spot if you afk for 30 minutes while waiting for the duty finder.
    Auto run into a wall

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I think 30min is too short of a auto log out time. Should be 1hr.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by SephYuyX View Post
    30 mins is a fair amount of time considering there aren't issues logging on anymore, plus there letting new players in again. It's only temporary anyway.
    Where did you read it was temporary? I thought it was a permanent thing.

I don't really care THAT much, but I do like to stand around in my shiny gear showing off for all the PEONS BOW TO ME!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xenor Vernix
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok

If it forces me to put my password and security token in each time it logs me out I will be using a macro or some shit to stop me logging out.

Quote Originally Posted by Iremire View Post
    I'd rather get more philosophies then gold pieces from the optional chest 80 isn't worth the 30 minute + run, not to say I won't be doing them anyway. And if you can still speed run it like people are saying then whatever. I did like those 15 minute runs. I'm hoping the wait to get into the instance is a bit better 40 minute wait to do a 15 minute dungeon is ridiculous
    It's not SUPPOSED to be 15mins lol

I'm surprised they havnt made it so the party shares aggro in a dungeon yet. Which i'm sure is the next step when they learn the coins wont tempt people enough.

Ahh i'm not sure, since I havn't done AK yet (fuck you job) so not sure, but I figured it was just the vendored coins they are talking about to tempt people to clear other rooms.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I hope it pushes you to the character select screen. A total log out is overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Should be at least time to make a sandwich, whack a cuppa on and go to the bathroom... considering I used to be in an LS who had a guy who could make a "brb going to grab sandwich" break last three hours - he'd be fucked.

If it kicks me back to char select - fine. If it kicks me right out to find where the hell my token's been put this time every time - I'll be pissed off (I tend to be logged in and randomly to and from the keyboard during the day for odd 15 minutes here and there so this is likely to be a sizeable pain in the arse for me).

Allagan pieces are the Yellow Trash items from quest Rewards you sell to NPC for gil. Even though they drop more now, it does Dick to offset the costs of the amount of repairs now forced upon you from gated boss doors, albeit a minimal loss, even more so with the new prices on Dark Matter (did they also do the DM gathering edit too? or is that for ~2.1?).

This patch was needed and everyone saw it coming, but gd does it suck for the MMO literate crowd.

Edit: On a lighter note, I'll have shit to spirit bond on now.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Seems there's also emergency maint going on for JP servers, due to end in another hour. Ours should have been over 30 minutes ago but it was an hour late to start so expect another 30 minutes at best.

New Odin
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Seems there's also emergency maint going on for JP servers, due to end in another hour. Ours should have been over 30 minutes ago but it was an hour late to start so expect another 30 minutes at best.
    In-game message indicated start and end time 1h later than the lodestone message.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

I knew speedruns were not going to last because if the devs were okay with people skipping trash they would have never removed leashes during beta 3... but damn, didn't expect the changes to happen before 2.1, lol

It was nice while it lasted I guess

Final Fantasy XI Music Devotee

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vianne Nys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    Should definitely be longer than the time DF can take to get a group setup. One way that I've sometimes used to make my time productive was leaving all the game sounds disabled except for the system's sounds, and set the volume all the way up so I could hear the DF window pop up from most spots at home. But, as a BRD, that can take well over 30 min way too often.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuneo View Post
    In regards to the anti-afk measures, do they actually expect people who want to stay logged in not to find a way around it?
    There's really no need for people to stay logged in anymore and hasn't been since the maint before this one. In the last week I've had a queue to get on the server a couple of times but it's never taken longer than a minute. Queues to get in should be pretty rare for here on in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast