1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Moving this thread to official and relocating some posts from the maintenance thread to this one. Conversation about speed run nerfs, etc., has been going on in two threads. Other thread had detailed accounts of how speed runs have been nerfed, including screenshots of gated areas, all have been moved to this post (check out the first couple pages).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My experience with Wanderer's Palace:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ps73ba364c.png

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c1...ps059b45ae.png

Speedrunning's definitely impossible in WP.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Didn't even try to speed run it after one of our other FC groups was relating their experience on TS. Took just shy of 40 minutes with no deaths, smooth run, and me nuking my ass off on WHM in pretty much every fight; I can't see how even a sick group could cut much more than 10 minutes off that. Some of the trash groups hit pretty damn hard as well; you can't just grab 3 gargoyles, a taurus, and two demons and just AOE facerape them down. They need to like halve the HP of the trash mobs here or add an additional ~20 myth that can randomly drop off the trash; right now it sucks.

Basically the new routine will be to suffer through 8 crawling AK runs every week with Meridianum being the new Philosophy farm spot. Magitek Cannons go!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They nerfed it to what it was supposed to be. I know it sucks, but don't act as if it's not worth doing now, lol.

Vuitton

They really should remove the stone rewards from completing the boss/dungeon and distribute them all to the trash mobs. There, done. Every mob is gonna get killed now for each of their 2-3 stones.

^that would be the best way to get players to spend the most time in the dungeon also

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    They nerfed it to what it was supposed to be. I know it sucks, but don't act as if it's not worth doing now, lol.
    Damn, trying to find that interview from Yoshi where he basically says he took his sweet time with 2.0 so that everything was near perfect by release so he wouldn't have to break people's hearts. Said something like "This is because even if something was done wrong, and everyone gets used to it, they will complain when it's corrected, even if it's better".

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    They really should remove the stone rewards from completing the boss/dungeon and distribute them all to the trash mobs.
    Or: killing trash gives you temporary key item of cracked Allegan tomestones (these disappear upon leaving the dungeon), killing the boss converts your cracked tomestones into real ones.

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Updated (Sep. 11)

I barely get to sneak in to see news at work, but i just read this nice little gem that SE ninja patched /shout w/ an auto-mute filter.

Edit: forgot pic

http://i.imgur.com/O5S4ClL.jpg

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Shout filter, the most awesome thing added. I was afraid my blacklist was going to fill up. I can see how the excessive gear repair cost was highly annoying too if I wasn't able to repair all my own.

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Word!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Basically the new routine will be to suffer through 8 crawling AK runs every week with Meridianum being the new Philosophy farm spot. Magitek Cannons go!
    I'd say Wanderer's Palace will be the hotspot for Philosophy tomes. The dungeon is much shorter and you won't have to deal with endgame newbies watching cutscenes.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Nitsuki View Post
    I barely get to sneak in to see news at work, but i just read this nice little gem that SE ninja patched /shout w/ an auto-mute filter.

Edit: forgot pic

http://i.imgur.com/O5S4ClL.jpg

Looks like it only filters you if you shout repeated identical text?

All they have to do is make a script to circumvent that.

"/shout <message> + (random integer)"

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    I'd say Wanderer's Palace will be the hotspot for Philosophy tomes. The dungeon is much shorter and you won't have to deal with endgame newbies watching cutscenes.
    On Leviathan there are people making CM pre made groups and can get 100 tomes easily in 30m~ by using cannons on a bunch of trash packs.

Also I don't see a problem with how dungeons are, 30m-40m for a dungeon is kind of normal, I wish mobs would drop gil as well like 20-50g but eh what ever. You only need to do the dungeon 8 times a week, so once a day and then one extra on one of those days.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    Repairs cost jack shit now, so there's no point in death running other then that trash is a waste of time..and it's trash...so its always a waste of time anyways.
    I'll take my speed runs over this boring shit that breaks my gear, therefor making my repairs cost more expensive than they should be, any day.

Edit: WP training still good! All you need is good gear and everything outside of 2nd path can be fully trained.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Looks like it only filters you if you shout repeated identical text?

All they have to do is make a script to circumvent that.

"/shout <message> + (random integer)"
    Yep. Shout filters need further tweaking. Just zoned into Gridania to go make a crafting delivery and was greeted with this:

Spoiler: show

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I wonder how hard it would be to implement a system that checks to see how many people blacklist you in a short amount of time, and puts them on a sort of shout probation list until someone can look over their account.

The best defense against this sort of is something that relies on the community (a 'Report' button, etc.).

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

ftr here are the changes to keep:
    4 new hippos on floor 1; a pack after the first patrol and a random by the door
    first boss door is locked until lunatics right outside are killed
    an additional pack of double brontotaur + 2x hound light in front of demon wall, as well as another patrol right outside
    second boss door is locked until all vodorigas are killed
    there are two patrols right after the last pack on the third floor
    third boss door is locked until the succubus in the last pack is killed

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I wonder how hard it would be to implement a system that checks to see how many people blacklist you in a short amount of time, and puts them on a sort of shout probation list until someone can look over their account.

The best defense against this sort of is something that relies on the community (a 'Report' button, etc.).
    Very easily, but also easy to grief with.

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post

Oh exploitable.

For(a=1;a<5;a++)
    {
    /a hey guys blacklist raldo, they are trashlords wiping my group.
    }

Bam i've just asked up to 512 unique people to blacklist you and get you banned all within 5 seconds lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast