1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 37 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Tanking is extremely straightforward. Prior to heart just park yourself on the edge to completely avoid bombs (use red line when he jumps to easily position). After heart is the only time you have to do much of anything. Main thing you need to do is rotate CDs to mitigate as many Mountain Busters as possible. He always does Rock Buster first so its very easy to see coming even without learning his attack pattern. Only other thing to watch for is the bombs, which you can avoid via positioning or running from the last set that drop to the first set (after the first explode). If in doubt just eat a single bomb rather than risking multiple or confusing party members. The hardest part about tanking is watching 7 other fuckers cause you to wipe repeatedly.

this omg this so much. I'm pulling my hair out trying to explain this and run titan since my FC is still pretty low level and I have to shout for people to make a premade group -_-

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Anyone ever try out that SMNburn crazy idea?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I want to so bad. Yesterday after some titan runs I got some ppl to stick around to see how well titan-egi could tank titan. It can't hold hate off anyone going all-out but against other smns and egi it is fine. Likely needs two titan-egi tanks and rest dps egis. I think two scholar can do okay as well. Something like smnx6, schx2.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    One of you guys in Hyperion should totally let me join in a run and let me leech or learn to tank / dps on PLD!

On another note, is this an accurate video on the tanking procedures for him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_M8rnh_Ktg

/t sometime if i need some lolz i'll come

But I don't know if i can dodge since the glitch is not possible anymore

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    /t sometime if i need some lolz i'll come

But I don't know if i can dodge since the glitch is not possible anymore
    That's fine, I learned how to tank from the 20 odd DF Titans... which nearly broke me...

All I need to do now is find 7 people that don't try to hug bombs.

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbyprime View Post
    That's fine, I learned how to tank from the 20 odd DF Titans... which nearly broke me...

All I need to do now is find 7 people that don't try to hug bombs.
    My favorite DF titan experience was the drg that attacked the bombs. I lmao for like 5 straight minutes.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Day View Post
    My favorite DF titan experience was the drg that attacked the bombs. I lmao for like 5 straight minutes.
    Yo I hit them on MNK to keep dat GL3!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Jorildyn View Post
    I want to so bad. Yesterday after some titan runs I got some ppl to stick around to see how well titan-egi could tank titan. It can't hold hate off anyone going all-out but against other smns and egi it is fine. Likely needs two titan-egi tanks and rest dps egis. I think two scholar can do okay as well. Something like smnx6, schx2.
    Will it put plumes/gaol on Egis ever, or players only?

Titan-Egi not getting hit that hard?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Titan (Hard Mode) Strategy

My magic damage anyway. With full vit accessories I can get my egi to almost 8k HP too. Never seen a plume on my egi in the fight.

Am I the only person that thinks Titan HM is easier to tank on WAR than PLD?

First of all, I know Titan HM is not the be all end all of end game content, but I’ve yet to try the EX fights and I have very little Coil experience, so Titan HM is pretty much my frame of reference. 

With that said, I did my first Titan HM post 2.1 WAR buff and I thought it was pretty easy.  Inner Beat is ALWAYS ready before EVERY Mountain Buster and Storm’s Path is obviously always applied, so that’s a constant 40% mitigation before every MB.  That plus the higher HP cushion, healing buff to Defiance and (needless in this case) Vengeance means that I am always mitigated sufficiently before every MB.

Just recently I leveled PLD and did Titan, and while I still had no issues, I found it a bit more challenging  to have defensive cooldowns ready in time for MB.  While there were obviously more mitigating defensive cooldowns on PLD, it seemed like after a few MBs I was left with none and had to cure my way through a MB and just depend on a healer.  Yes, the constant 20% mitigation on Shield Oath is nice but the lower HP makes it kind of a wash.

The reason for this post is not to say that one tanks Titan HM better than the other but just to say that I must be playing PLD wrong since everyone around me is convinced that tanking Titan HM on PLD is easy mode while WAR you are actually in danger are.  I heared things like “Titan HM is a hard fight to tank on WAR”,  so I just assumed dong it on PLD would be facerolling and was a bit surprised when it was quite the opposite…for me. 

Am I playing PLD wrong somehow and managing my defensive cooldowns wrong? 

Just a disclaimer, I don’t have Stoneskin yet for my PLD, so admittedly could that be the problem?  I am not sure.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Its about the same I'd say. A well played WAR is going to make a joke of the fight the same as a PLD. PLD can flash MB with decent reliabilty and has enough cool downs for every MB. WAR has the ability to keep IB up for every MB.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You won't have time to effectively cast Stoneskin because a lot of his moves will plain interrupt you, so it's definitely not that. I use Stoneskin during opportunities where the boss isn't smacking me in the face.

Perhaps the bigger chunk of HP makes it easier to cover the damage or mistakes and/or your healers are the problem.

For Titan on PLD specifically I do the following:

As he Earthen Fury, use Rampart (it lasts 20s - covers first mountain buster)
    As he next Landslides > Mountain Buster, I pop Sentinel
    Rampart should be up again by then, if not, Bulwark
    Rampart 100% should be up by then, so Rampart
    Foresight + Convalalalla (the healing buff) for the following
    Sentinel should be up again
    Rampart should be up again

If at any point I feel no CDs are up then I will stoneskin as he land slides so it mitigates his first swing before Mountain Buster.

I randomly insert hallowed ground in there if I know I'm gonna eat 2 boulders despite standing in approximately the right spot, or feeling lazy and want to buy some time for the other cooldowns to come up

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I stopped caring about MB mostly because of over gearing. However I do usually use sentinel on the first circle bombs post heart with stone skin and just eat one bomb and hallowed the next set of circle bombs

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kirby Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Because the last reply was over a year ago and everyone outgears shit so much that covering is a waste of brain power.

But yes, cover used to be a thing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5