1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -4 hours, -23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 13 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 113 of 227 FirstFirst ... 63 103 111 112 113 114 115 123 163 ... LastLast
    Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post

Get CC on low level roulette and see a 39 Marauder. Guy proceeds to suck. We die 2x to the first boss. The healer doesn't want to kite and the tank keeps dropping because he's taking a ton of damage cos no defiance and he's wearing DPS gear. We clear it the third time with the healer and tank dead, the DRG pulling the healing add to the corner and me kiting the mess of antlions on BRD. Healer rage quits, so while we're standing around I ask why he doesn't have WAR and this is the answer that I get.
    What makes this more hilarious to me is that I've done CC on gladiator and had no problem not dieing. Black mage cures can keep tanks up in that dungeon.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    FYI, trying to save money on doing a 2+1 instead of a 3 only works when the 2's and 1's don't both break 30 times.
    This is the kind of logic I used when melding my Patricians set for 2* HQing way back when. NEVER AGAIN.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blowfin Jr
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Why do you guys need food to get the ore/log?
    Once you get some melds in (and maybe the i70 hat) you don't particularly need food for the 370 gathering nodes, I mainly do it out of habit for the last 2 or 3% of gathering chance.

But yeah, before you are meeting the minimum, it's very easy to waste the node. I still forget to let my GP recharge sometimes, but that's not as critical as not meeting the minimum.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Oh boy. Since some stuff happen in static somewhat pugging t9. Joined earlier and it was solo tank, never done the strat before and said it. Didn't know WHM would struggle keeping aggro on first golem if garuda tagged it so adjusted and was managing pet just fine.

Fight goes on and on and on to the point where we never saw p4 and wasted a good hour of people who "cleared". I left and throuhg out the fight let them know DPS was really terrible. We always 2 tank 4 meteor 1 ghost. We should of been seeing 3 meteor 1 ghost :/ anywho few ss's of the whm crying when I called them out on fucking up constantly and apparently if I'm at B for dive bombs, I gotta run away from the group, not straight out to save my ass.

it's long but gets to the point where I have 0 fucks left.

edit;

they had A rand all the way to me @ B. GG. Plus they died to IC and knocked into the wall. T9 is hard guys.

http://www.twitch.tv/wakabo/b/567748833

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by blowfin View Post
    Once you get some melds in (and maybe the i70 hat) you don't particularly need food for the 370 gathering nodes, I mainly do it out of habit for the last 2 or 3% of gathering chance.

But yeah, before you are meeting the minimum, it's very easy to waste the node. I still forget to let my GP recharge sometimes, but that's not as critical as not meeting the minimum.
    Exactly. I got my pickaxe and hat back in 2.2 with minimum melds. Back then, green materia was more expensive than it is now since everyone was melding their gear to hit the Log/Ore nodes. I can't imagine why anyone would want to buy food to hit the node since you need melds to hit the two star nodes. Otherwise, why bother going for the Foragers tools in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I spent like a mil melding the new DoH belt/ear/neck the other day, mostly out of stubbornness.

FYI, trying to save money on doing a 2+1 instead of a 3 only works when the 2's and 1's don't both break 30 times.
    I got super lucky melding my earring and choker. Each took less than 10 attempts with putting the 3 in after the 2. It came to bite me in the ass when I went for the belt since I thought I'd be thrifty and get wings from leves since they're 30k each on our server. 50 allowances spent cycling leves later, I ended up just buying them off the MB.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sukimin Yakumo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    T9 stuff
    Is picture 2 and 3 supposed to be dupes? They got different URLs.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Lot o text I don't know if it was all caught on there or not didn't want to miss the drunk raging gamer girl rants

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

I beg you carry me?

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Small Beast - hunt

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    I beg you carry me?

I swear I've seen that exact wording with another name. Also on sarg. First instinct seeing the name you posted was to try and read it backwards, didn't get that thought with the other name.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Get CC on low level roulette and see a 39 Marauder. Guy proceeds to suck. We die 2x to the first boss. The healer doesn't want to kite and the tank keeps dropping because he's taking a ton of damage cos no defiance and he's wearing DPS gear. We clear it the third time with the healer and tank dead, the DRG pulling the healing add to the corner and me kiting the mess of antlions on BRD. Healer rage quits, so while we're standing around I ask why he doesn't have WAR and this is the answer that I get.
    What also makes this funny is mrd/war with/without defiance and without heals is practically the same survivability. It's not Shield Oath, the only damage taken reduction he'd have is Inner Beast and that shouldn't make or break that fight. I normally take defiance off when it summons adds to zerg it faster and since I'm no longer getting a lot of heals anyway.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Well the loss of VIT isn't exactly negligible, but it shouldn't make you lose the fight.

For some reason, I thought Defiance was -25% damage dealt and received. I haven't touched WAR since getting it to 50. At least I'm posting in the right thread?

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

No worries, when I flick my Defiance on/off a macro tells the party exactly what it does

Yeh a lot of people think it's -25% damage too. I sometimes get protests but usually people get on with it once they realise shit is going down somewhat fast. Some guy who had his parse on asked how am I putting out such damage (no idea what the numbers were) and I simply pointed "no defiance, no tank gear" lol (Hullbreaker Isle)

I held hate with defiance down with a 110 conqueror against a 110 weapon BLM (not sure about the rest of his gear now, but it wasn't VIT gear and he broke 5000 HP). His fail or my axe making such a difference?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    No worries, when I flick my Defiance on/off a macro tells the party exactly what it does

Yeh a lot of people think it's -25% damage too. I sometimes get protests but usually people get on with it once they realise shit is going down somewhat fast. Some guy who had his parse on asked how am I putting out such damage (no idea what the numbers were) and I simply pointed "no defiance, no tank gear" lol (Hullbreaker Isle)

I held hate with defiance down with a 110 conqueror against a 110 weapon BLM (not sure about the rest of his gear now, but it wasn't VIT gear and he broke 5000 HP). His fail or my axe making such a difference?
    this post makes me confused. Are you saying it's not -25% damage?

And STR spec out of tank stance can generate pretty good hate, no fail there.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I think he's saying people think it's -25% damage taken and not damage dealt

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeh that's right.

And STR spec out of tank stance can generate pretty good hate, no fail there.
    Ah fair point. I was testing my 110 axe so I wasn't sure if that's what would've happened.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Serenseven Dertavernen
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Assuming he was not making a special effort to take hate from you, not his fail. My FC's resident WAR (i109) and I (BLM i106) run various things all the time; generally I'm right behind him hate-wise. If my procs go on a streak and/or I hit Raging Strikes early, I usually take the mob from him for a little while.

Fail is what happens what you go into Ifrit HM, cast Thunder II > Fire III > Fire x2, without using any cooldowns or getting any procs, and discover that Ifrit is already in your face.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I'll bold the relevant parts.
    [14:11][2]<D.> anyway, I will say the forums have been highly entertaining to read this week. I've gotten some reading in at lunch every day, it's been great.
    [14:11][2]<T.> its depressing
    [14:12][2]<Beat Daisukenojo> Switching gears D. your craft is what again?
    [14:12][2]<T.> a lot like naked tanks trolling in Qarn
    [14:12][2]<D.> Armorer?
    [14:12][2]<Beat Daisukenojo> That's what I was afraid of, thanks
    [14:13][2]<D.> Whatcha need?

[14:13][2]<T.> you just hammered air
    [14:13][2]<D.> And I know, lol. It was a way better choice before ARR
    [14:13][2]<Beat Daisukenojo> Since housing isn't coming anytime soon, I can go ahead and open up the pocketbook and outfit my DoL accessories
    [14:13][2]<D.> That's what happens as a master armorer, T., you hammer the very atoms into armor.
    [14:13][2]<T.> XD
    [14:14][2]<D.> I just made a mythril set out of 5000 molecules.
    [14:14][2]<D.> Sidenote, I still support the no shard crafting idea.
    [14:14][2]<D.> At worst, let us break down crystals and clusters.
    [14:15][2]<T.> I support that too
    [14:15][2]<T.> or make shards more availible
    [14:15]Leiarda Riza synthesizes a circle of hippogryph leather.
    [14:15][2]<T.> some crafts require 90 shards
    [14:15][2]<T.> for 1 item
    [14:15]Farengar Norwind synthesizes 5 bottles of cider vinegar.
    [14:16][2]<D.> If like...throwing numbers out here, 5 shards = one crystal, than mining them wouldn't be too bad.
    [14:16][2]<D.> 10 mins, could probably get quite a few crystals.
    [14:16][2]<T.> I say let all mobs drop shards
    [14:16]Fluoxetine Godhand synthesizes an iron cross-pein hammer.
    [14:16][2]<D.> On the other hand, if you need 200 shards, that's a lot of hammering X
    [14:16][2]<D.> Only with signet!
    [14:16][2]<T.> fine fine
    [14:17][2]<D.> Ul'dah has fallen into third place in conquest. You must fight high ranking monsters to help us out of this hole we've dug!
    [14:17]Farengar Norwind synthesizes a meat miq'abob.
    [14:17][2]<D.> What? Annoying, but memorable.
    [14:17][2]<T.> but seriously, you don't need to craft for anything in this game
    [14:18][2]<Beat Daisukenojo> Hi, did you hear me a bit ago?
    [14:18][2]<T.> can get all the items you need from leve's, gil is easy to earn
    [14:18][2]<T.> Dei is on a role here
    [14:18][2]<Beat Daisukenojo> I'm amused that you're taking that stance when literally five minutes ago I said "Hey guys I need stuff crafted for me"

[14:18]Leiarda Riza synthesizes a spindle of woolen yarn ?.
    [14:18][2]<T.> lol
    [14:18][2]<Beat Daisukenojo> But whatever
    [14:18][2]<D.> I'm sorry Beat, I'm still waking up. I saw DoL accessories but haven't made the connection yet in sleepy brain
    [14:18][2]<T.> sorry I kept quite since it was directed at D.
    [14:19][2]<Beat Daisukenojo> It was directed at D. but it counters your point quite directly
    [14:19][2]<D.> oh, ok, good.
    [14:19][2]<T.> lol
    [14:19][2]<Beat Daisukenojo> That's why I'm bringing it back up

It's like no one is following the rules of conversation at all in that log and are just making random statements all over the place.

Not exactly a fail, just entertaining.