+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Um, there's a bunch of calculators that will tell you which to upgrade. Here's the one i'm using, which i lazily modified a bit myself from someone else's. Libertas and siyalatas will be wrong if you have them less than level 100. I couldn't immediately find another version with that fixed properly, from the last update, but maybe check reddit for one, or fix it yourself.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    Well, you get a 100x increase in dps per day with DR, not 100%, but it's still a lot slower. I've pretty much been able to at least double my dps every 30-45 minutes, just ascending as soon as i stop instantly killing everything. Currently at 400k total HS, and not much sign of slowing down yet.
    I did write 97,018%, or roughly 97 times more DPS I that's what I meant in the second post.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Sorry, I wasn't talking so much about DPS optimization. From what I've read (and could easily be wrong) there's a point where base HS is too low to be helpful, and too high is inefficient. I didn't know if there was a rule of thumb on keeping 25/50/75% of your souls or spending them for new ancients, or maybe there isn't a straight answer.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You are talking about dps optimization though. Plug your souls and ancients in, and it'll tell you exactly what level to level each ancient to, and how many souls to hold on to.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Just hit floor 500 for the first time last night after 8 ascensions, decided to cash in so I had 700ish HS to play with.

My problem currently is trying to balance blowing HS on rerolling ancients until I get to the ones I want (I only have maxed out CD, and lvl20 in the idle dps/gold ancients) and holding onto them so I can farm more HS quicker. Am able to reach floor 250 with ease now though with hardly any stoppage.

My gilded spread has been pretty terrible also; am considering rerolling the ones on Betty/Broyle/Amen onto someone better.
    Spoiler: show

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Getting good gilds is the most annoying thing in this game

Spoiler: show

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Samurai/Frostleaf 4 lyfe

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Literally every time I have chosen to respec a gild it has gone to Referi. Now that I'm done capping cooldown reduction and have picked up both of the idle gold/DPS ancients, I should be able to respec my half dozen Referis into something useful.

I feel like I'm doing this game all wrong. 26 days since first click and I am sitting at 32 HS with a couple of ancients. I must be not resetting enough.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

yeah thats pretty bad. I'm at 26 days with 20k souls in the bank and several maxed out ancients with others at 100+. dont hit my wall until around floor 1100 at the moment. build up a stock of around 500 souls then start working on Primal boss chance and soul bonus ancients while leveling the gold/dps+% ancients at the most efficient rate (use calculators, can find plenty on reddit).

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

23 days, 1k HS, and about 2k spent in ancients. Go me.....

With v0.14 making it so I don't get the same 1-2 ancients every god damn reroll, going to get Solomon finally and put at least 10 levels into it. Can currently do 1-350 before it turns into idle/waiting-on-DR. That and auto-regilds are a godsend.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Man Ive been playing around that time and I only just got 900~ hs and some amount of it in ancients (but not a lot). I must be doing something wrong too. Then again my ancients arent the best since I got super unlucky with them. (yes I want that +treasure box HP every single roll, thank you).

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

24 days, 185k souls, and 630k spent on ancients, highest zone 1600.

You guys are definitely not resetting enough.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

I could be a bit off in the numbers, here's a ballpark of my first couple of runs. I did use AutoHotKey (this was before idle ancients were in):

1 - lvl 120ish
    2 - lvl 180ish
    3 - lvl 600ish (EDR spam, Vaagur maxed, 4 days or so)
    4 - lvl 1000 (EDR spam, another 4 days or so)

Then picked up around 4 more ancients and started speed runs, resetting every 45 minutes or so. First speed runs only got me somewhere between 100 and 200, slowly back up to about 1100 now.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I checked my stats and I have 26 days with 14 ascensions. I never used any clicking programs (which probably would have helped) and a lot of those days I was busy or at work and couldn't make full use of the game or DR, etc. Also I got a shit roll on a bunch of ancients, so I dont still have some of the top tier ancients, only 1 of them.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    I checked my stats and I have 26 days with 14 ascensions. I never used any clicking programs (which probably would have helped) and a lot of those days I was busy or at work and couldn't make full use of the game or DR, etc. Also I got a shit roll on a bunch of ancients, so I dont still have some of the top tier ancients, only 1 of them.
    If you only have one good ancient then it only costs 1 soul to reroll. It really shouldn't take that much even with terrible luck to get all the great ones.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    If you only have one good ancient then it only costs 1 soul to reroll. It really shouldn't take that much even with terrible luck to get all the great ones.
    I didnt know the reroll cost went up so I have a bunch of decent ancients.

I decided to bite the bullet and reroll 5 or 6 times until I got the idle gold ancient. My god this thing breaks the game. The other two top tier ones I had were +idle dps and -skill recast. Everything else is just decent stuff like +gold, -hero cost and -enemies per level. Rerolling is so pricy now but at least the +idle gold breaks the game so much, haha.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Stacking idle-gold+idle-dps turns the game into afk-mode for the first 200 some floors.

Got my Solomon, took him to lvl11, already feeling the results at floor 300, having the soul amount already I'd typically have a 400. I need to finish capping off Atman (increases chance of Primal) which'll run me close to 1k souls, then I believe I'm close to having all the optimal ancients primed.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Dora and Mimzee are really good too. Chest every other monster with 3000%+ more gold in them plus Fortuna's chance at 10x gold. so fucking pleasing to see gold jump up when that happens

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you think idle gold breaks the game, stack it with normal gold increase, max treasure chest chance and treasure chest gold increase. You'll end up getting so much gold you don't know what to do with it. It's a great feeling getting 10x treasure chest gold.

26 days, 287k+ Hero Souls spent.

Morgulis: 158692
    Siyalatas: 184
    Solomon: 63
    Mimzee: 224
    Mammon: 304
    Libertas: 151
    Kumawakamaru: 5
    Khrysos: 10
    Fortuna: 40
    Dora: 50
    Dogcog: 10
    Bubos: 25 (somewhat useless to an extent, but was useful earlier)
    Atman: 25
    Argaiv: 150
    Vaagur: 75 (completely useless imo, but just left it there instead of resetting ancients)