Valefor

game ends at floor 2000 atm bruh

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    game ends at floor 2000 atm bruh
    Maybe if they didn't make the climb past floor 1100 so friggen retarded. Made it as far as 1300 with some buff-stack abuse before getting bored and ascending.

Been working on my solomon, he's near lvl200 so my quick-farms to 1000-1100 yield more. That DPS wall post-1000 is still stupid though if you're relying on idle ancients. Feels like it's crit-click or gtfo territory from there on. 50 ascensions total now, considering blowing some souls on the ancient that lets you start at a higher floor just to speed the farming up some.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Maybe if they didn't make the climb past floor 1100 so friggen retarded. Made it as far as 1300 with some buff-stack abuse before getting bored and ascending.

Been working on my solomon, he's near lvl200 so my quick-farms to 1000-1100 yield more. That DPS wall post-1000 is still stupid though if you're relying on idle ancients. Feels like it's crit-click or gtfo territory from there on. 50 ascensions total now, considering blowing some souls on the ancient that lets you start at a higher floor just to speed the farming up some.
    This is mostly my reasoning. I have pretty much all the ancients I want (I just dont have the clicking ones), and I do pretty fast runs to 1000. Theres just no point in getting to 2000.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Been working on my solomon, he's near lvl200 so my quick-farms to 1000-1100 yield more.
    Pretty sure your best bet now is to reallot your ancients because you wasted a shit ton of souls on solomon when they would have been MUCH better off even sitting around than that.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

So yeah, thanks to this thread I've been into this for a few days now. Did my first ascension and think I ascended too early. Got Sir George gilded, but still taking awhile to get him back.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by hey View Post
    Pretty sure your best bet now is to reallot your ancients because you wasted a shit ton of souls on solomon when they would have been MUCH better off even sitting around than that.
    'eh, solomon's already paid himself off for me at this point. Now I'm just spending HS as I feel fit.

300k banked, lvl500 Argaiv/Lib/Siy/Mimzee/Mammom, 100 Iris(saves a good 10min), 200 Solomon/Frags/Bhaal.

Still not enough to overcome the DPS wall at 1200-1300 though, but it's more than enough to get 50k souls per hour. Probably just going to keep banking them currently as the ancients are giving diminishing results. Ancient calculators have been pretty useless for me the past 10 ascensions, either breaking on me, or giving crap/very-mininal suggestions.
    Spoiler: show
    Why am I still playing this stupid thing.

Might end up 500in Frags/Bhaal though since those are stupid powerful after reaching the idle-DPS wall, to squeeze in a few thousand more souls.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I feel the same way with Solmon, sitting with him at lvl 500. It's enough to get roughly 130k-150k souls an hour. Spending the souls on DPS-increasing things gives me minimal increase in DPS since I can hit floor 1800, so I spent a bunch of Souls in Solomon to give me more souls/hr to make it easier to put more Souls in to DPS heroes later on.

Edit: Ok, it might take slightly more than an hour, but mostly because monsters take a little while to respawn. It's like 130-150k souls per ascension, which is slightly more than an hour.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Still working on the trek to 2000. Averaging Floor 1300-1400 before I ascend. Most ancients 650 now (besides solomon at 200 still) but it's a grueling farm process.

Halloween themed update also came out. Max'd ancients filtered to the bottom of the list which is nice. More achievements to set off the OCD of folks who settled at floor 2000.

BG Level

So I got to my highest level zone right now and was awarded a gilded hero and got...Frostleaf? Is it still recommended to get rid of his gilds in my position? I haven't even ever accessed him yet lol.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Occasionally candy will appear on the screen that says "Yum!" when you click it, and I've also seen a flying pumpkin appear which will float across the screen that says "Treat!" when you click it a certain number of times (and wrecks idle bonus if you click 1 too many). No idea what they do though yet, if anything.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    Occasionally candy will appear on the screen that says "Yum!" when you click it, and I've also seen a flying pumpkin appear which will float across the screen that says "Treat!" when you click it a certain number of times (and wrecks idle bonus if you click 1 too many). No idea what they do though yet, if anything.
    Candy dorps extra gold, pumpkin gives random ability IE Clickstorm, Dark Ritual...

BG Level

Killed my first primal and got a whopping 2 souls.

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The amount of souls is based on the floor you're on.

BG Level

Was hoping for more once I saw it. The grind at 130 is brutal. Takes like 40+ seconds to kill one mob. Sitting at 7 souls now, waiting on at least 15 before ascending.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

When I was back in the early times with around 10 souls, I took a couple days to do EDR to 200+ just to build up some gilded heroes to make the trek back to 100 much quicker.

I started buying the buff-ancients now after raking in 50-70k souls a run. 90 second Clickstorm+LuckyStrikes with Bhaal/Frag lvl'd is pretty crazy. Where I used to do 14-15 floors where idle DPS slows down (around floor 1400), I get 27-30. Going to finish off buying the rest of them as I ascend more since it 'feels' more productive, even though it probably isn't in the grand scheme of things.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

There is an end to the game.

http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...3ff488f00d.jpg

Monster cannot be killed, cannot progress, GG my friends.

Once you break 9.999e999 HP overflow happens I guess and generates a value so large that the game isn't setup to handle it and its game over essentially.

BG Level

Should I just focus on leveling my gilded heroes over the others? I feel like in later levels its a complete waste to level the ungilded ones.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Shenrien View Post
    There is an end to the game.

http://cdn.guildwork.net/albums/imag...3ff488f00d.jpg

Monster cannot be killed, cannot progress, GG my friends.

Once you break 9.999e999 HP overflow happens I guess and generates a value so large that the game isn't setup to handle it and its game over essentially.
    What floor is that? And did you cheat to get there? O.o I'm on floor 2005, and that's still far away from e999

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You gotta dump all your souls into +ascend level to go much farther than you can normally go, I think. Then you start and wind up crazy far.

Also I havent really played in like a week or so since I started to get really bored of it.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    You gotta dump all your souls into +ascend level to go much farther than you can normally go, I think. Then you start and wind up crazy far.

Also I havent really played in like a week or so since I started to get really bored of it.
    Exactly what I did to get past some floors that were taking a while, which was no big deal when you go through a round of 2000 floors and finish with over 1.2m souls per reset >.>;

That is floor 14,271