Camp Argus
    Troll FFXIAH.com
    Single handedly retake every Campaign region and solo Fiat Lux

Reasons to do the above:

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Not whiteknighting the devs(I'd greatly prefer some rescheduling), but nihilism is no more of an argument now than at any other time. If you don't actually want to do any of those things, far be it for me to tell you that you should, but your counter-reasoning isn't really specific to now

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Given the lack of new information on the October update, I say it is going to be very underwhelming
    Not saying its suddenly going to be awesome, but considering we haven't had a dev post all week, I'm thinking we're gonna get a bunch of info tomorrow. Very possible that the October update is only 10 days away.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    Not whiteknighting the devs(I'd greatly prefer some rescheduling), but nihilism is no more of an argument now than at any other time. If you don't actually want to do any of those things, far be it for me to tell you that you should, but your counter-reasoning isn't really specific to now
    Well, you could argue that we already know that superior equipment and weapons (to anything released since Delve) will be released in the near future (within a few months) and that we likely won't need any of the mid-tier gear to acquire it (given that we can already acquire Delve boss drops). Given that we can already beat the hardest content in the game without even coming close to the time limit using our current equipment and given that there's no point in doing legacy content because RMEs are dead, why should we "upgrade" our gear for such a marginal DPS increase as the Yorcia Skirmish pieces offer?

Spoiler: show
    For Iuitl, for instance:
    Iuitl Headgear - Better than Uk'uxkaj Cap for TP/(some WS) when augmented properly, but not that much better.
    Iuitl Vest - Probably worse than Manibozho R15 for most WSs, although maybe not now that the skill update hit and attack is much less important.
    Iuitl Wristbands - Better than Buremte Gloves for TP/WS when augmented properly, but again not much better.
    Iuitl Tights - Same as Iuitl Vest.
    Iuitl Gaiters - Same as Iuitl Vest.

Swapping the whole set probably gets you what, like +2% DPS after you spend millions (in real gil or opportunity cost gil) augmenting it? Then it'll last you two month of not having any reason to use those jobs? Nice, but I'll pass.

In my opinion, the only crap from Yorcia even worth acquiring/augmenting is the SMN set (Avatar MAB on head, hands, feet) and BRD set (song spellcasting time on hands/legs). The improvements to SMN are large and Avatar MAB not a common gear stat, so they're likely to remain unique improvements, but SMN's utility is small. The improvements to BRD from the gear are mostly inventory savings, but BRD's usefulness is large. People more motivated towards nuking than I could go make a super-nuking set if they wanted, hardcore bards could make -cure casting time sets, etc. but I have difficulty justifying those expenditures of effort given current content. We don't need it right now, it's not difficult to acquire if we do need it, so why go farm it?

2600klub
    I donated 5 bucks and all I got was this shitty title from Zet

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Byrth, I can always count on your posts to deter me from resubbing when I feel that little itch to play again. Thanks for that

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You're ignoring the PDT on the Skirmish pieces. With only a few exceptions, they're the best PDT and Hybrid pieces you can get by far, and with how stingy SE has been with PDT in Adoulin, I can see that lasting a very long time. A +2 stone is guaranteed to give you at least 3% PDT, so it's not hard to get good defensive stats on them, either.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

imho the REM update will maybe make old stuff relevant again. The only problem is if they go out again and make ilvl 130 again that trashesh everything. what they should do now after filling the gear gap is give nice sidegrades with + enh skill da ta etc. via updated old events on hardmode. the hardmode update might be a push in the right direction. implementing new hardmodes for ilvl 120 players that consists of upgradeing old gear wouldnt be bad. they just shouldnt slap higher lvlv on mobs but instrad introduce new mechanics on mobs and bosses and progression. candidates for such stuff would be: bcnms limbus (AF upgrade) sky (gods and kirin on hard mode with new mechanics, sky gear upgrades, abj upgrades) divine might (to bring earrings on par) apoc night, promathia (to furthur upgrade your cop ring), bahamut v2

after this proceed for hardmodes to upgrade armor for salvage legion einherjar

all being sidegrades with some gear being clear winners

and after this start on abyssea hardgear mode

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sounds like a smart and invigorating move Damane but does the game have the development team allotment to do so many things

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Only issue going that route (full on upgrades for all old gear) is what about the augments we already have? They've said multiple times that due to the way the info is stored on the item, they're unable to transfer augments (then again, they said they couldn't increase inventory too...). For most things, this wouldn't be a problem. But sky and abjuration gear?

Not to mention that strategic use of hardmode content to keep the old world relevant is good. But just slapping hardmode on everything? Most want certain aspects of pre-SoA to be relevant, not have to replay the entirety of the game on hardmode.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Toth View Post
    Sounds like a smart and invigorating move Damane but does the game have the development team allotment to do so many things
    considering that you dont need to design new mobs or area, i think that route could be very possible. All they would need to do is change mechanics. For example add special mechanics like some delve NMs have etc (not the same but unique ones)

@augment argument: all augmented gear from legion and sky is pritty much trash, i wouldnt go the augment route and the argument is poopcaka, you turn in your lets say adaman/armada hauberk and get back a new i lvl 120 armada hauberk that has corrisponding stats with delve gear + on top of it all augment stats on max (but not as augments but as regular stats). Same with Legion augments. of course you should still make a difference between +1 and NQ gear, but that difference is carried out by the difference of the max augment being placed on the ilvl 120 version as regular stat (aka adaman hauberk would only get +2DA +5STP etc. and Armada hauberk +3DA +6STP etc.)

and seriously who ever would bitch about their hard earned augment being lost should go DIAF, because its either get it upgraded or trash it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah wouldn't call rem dead with updates around the bend. Perfect time to make a relic really. 3-4k currency. 5 mil marrows if you look

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Marrows are back up to 9mil minimum on my server. I think my servers RMT died out.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Hard modes work if they are designed (or there is a difficulty slider of some sort) for people that are in ilvl 120 gear.

If they aren't, and they claimed they are in fact not like this, then they fall into Skirmish faceroll tier and inevitably die off. They do seem fun though and I look forward to trying them regardless

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

They could have done more to increase skirmish longetivity, isntead of using stupid random augs, make it like delve.

How many people are actually willing to toss 1.2m +2 stones at random augs?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you were able to choose which augment to cast a random value at, I'd be more into throwing gil on a +2. Price of three of those on my server nets you a rank15 Delve armor which is guaranteed stats in comparison.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    If you were able to choose which augment to cast a random value at, I'd be more into throwing gil on a +2. Price of three of those on my server nets you a rank15 Delve armor which is guaranteed stats in comparison.
    That is actually a neet idea. Still keep the sorta random nature in potency but not having to deal with only having a 1/11 chance of getting the stat you going for on top of that. Especially since peices are horribly imbalanced as is with the number of possible stats.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Well random aug is still random, but I guess if you're just going for stat value instead of stat AND value, its a lot less painful.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Great idea, I'd actually attempt to max out, or get damn close if I could choose MAB. Love this actually.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6