Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Rumbles of a New Version Update in the Distance (09/20/2013)

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics...62/detail.html

The next two version updates will march upon Vana'diel in quick succession, with one purported to sortie in early October and the other slated to lay siege in early November.

Adventurers best be ready to mark their territory in Monstrosity, as the October update is scheduled to introduce additional areas for monipulators to prowl along with job abilities to prolong their rampages. More mild-mannered adventurers and moogle lovers, however, can enjoy adjustments to the types of items that can be gathered in Mog Gardens and a new storage system termed the "Mog Case." Finally, job and magic accuracy adjustments round out the list of proposed featured improvements.

New areas and Seekers of Adoulin missions scheduled to be added with the November update mean that pioneers will be able to unearth even more of the Ulbukan continent's secrets. Moreover, antsy pugilists will likely be able to indulge in all the carnage they desire with the following additions: new content for individuals as well as small groups; more gruesome versions of existing battlefields; the ability for monipulators and adventurers to square off against each other in Monstrosity; NPCs able to participate in colonization and lair reives; and enhancements to artifact, relic, mythic, and empyrean equipment.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

interestingly enough, the german version of this article says we get "enhancements to mythic weapons as well as artifact, relic and empyrean armor"...

i guess they wrote it like that because there is no mythic armor and "equipment" is not very specific

maybe need the jp original to understand what this VU is upgrading - armor or weapons or both?

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

See you in november, with not even missions in october it seems like a pretty dull month.

Looks like October is a lot of quality-of-life improvements, while Nov. update is content stuff.

This does not disappoint.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth View Post
    This does not disappoint.
    Doesn't it though? I mean, I don't mind that that's how they're doing it, but I'd defintely prefer if they split the content up so that we had something new to do leading up to November. As it stands (unless they didn't mention something for the October update) we're looking at Skirmish 2 and Delve being the only content to do, unless you're into Monstrosity, then you've got all the new areas to lvl large monsters in. With a lot of people capped out on Skirmish 2, and a decent chunk of the player base done with Delve, only really doing it to get plasm and merc runs, its going to continue to suck until November.

Would of much preferred a split similar to the last update, where we got new areas and missions as a base, followed by more missions and Skirmish. It just spread it all out more so that if felt like we had more to do during that time frame. Its just too bad that Skirmish was so poorly thought out, that it was finished up with within a week. Had it been a tad bit more of a grind, maybe we'd still be running it because we need it, and not just hoping for some +2 stones for a quick buck or a lucky augment.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The October update is nothing, it's a bunch of adjustments that they could do any time that they decided to put some PR spin on and call it a full-fledged version update. The November update is what the July update originally was going to be before it was split to July and August, and then split again to two updates in August. In other words, it would be hugely surprising if every piece of promised content (high level battlefields, new Adoulin areas and missions, RME/AF upgrades, monstrosity PVP, etc.) makes it in for November. My guess is that the high level battlefields get pushed by at least a month.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

God so much negativity. Anyone else just plain tired of it or is it just me? If its so bad you don't have to play or pay until you like it. SE has been doing this since forever.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It's very justified, though. The October Update is probably going to be crap that should have been emergency patched in a month ago, and whatever we actually get in November will hopefully last us longer than the two days that Yorica Skirmish lasted.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I think yorc skirmish was supposed to have longetivity by verdi stones, except most people can only toss 1.2m stones at a huge lottery of outcomes for so long before they go "why the fuck am i pissing all this gil away". Random augs are a beyond fail design an should have never made it past testing phase.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm not being negative just for the sake of it, I'm stating relevant facts which happen to be negative. They've made it clear that they are running a barebones dev team and most people knew that the volume of content they presented for the July version update was never going to make it in all at once... not only did they miss the first date they set, but they missed the second one too, and spread it out over three updates in total. They said themselves that Delve was intended to be included with SoA when it came out, but missed the deadline to be incorporated. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like they are really overcommitting themselves with the stuff they have planned for November unless this stuff has been in the works for quite some time.

As far as October goes, are we really supposed to get excited about configuration options which allow us to have other characters running around naked or lower the volume of the menu music? Come on.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Actually OCT is monstrosity updates and 80 more inventory. I get your point but I just don't see why there's a need for all this anger and negativity when this has been like this for a long time. Just annoying to see this everywhere honestly.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm excited by the mogcase and more garden stuff!!! And macc stuff. And actually being able to level my large monsters

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yeah, I'm not gonna get rubed into being excited over something as simple as opening new zones for Monstrosity, but those zones DO spice up the 50+ experience quite a bit for everybody, not just large monsters, so if Monstrosity is something you enjoy right now the October update puts just enough life in the game to get you to November.

Not necessarily an endorsement.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

well this kind of confirms that REM upgrades are probably done via old content at lvl 99+ on hard mode lol since they both come on the november update

I can see the mythic trial now: defeat lvl 99+ pandemonium warden with nerfed PD! Astral flow will be such a bitch!

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    well this kind of confirms that REM upgrades are probably done via old content at lvl 99+ on hard mode lol since they both come on the November update

I can see the mythic trial now: defeat lvl 99+ pandemonium warden with nerfed PD! Astral flow will be such a bitch!
    Don't really think the upgrade will be done with "trials" since anyone in the middle of "Afterglow" trial wouldn't be able to do it (unlikely someone to be there, but possible), and IIRC they said they wont be using trials for it, that's why ppl was calling it more a revamp than an upgrade, but now including "gear"... no idea wth they going to do... AF(1) +2, AF2(relic)+3 AF3(empy)+3...... guess we will see in 45sh days..

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

Hmm, it didn't say if the last two Naakuals are going to be added in this update. It's cool that there are going to be new areas though. How many are left anyway? The continent is so huge there should be as many as possible.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I just don't see why there's a need for all this anger and negativity when this has been like this for a long time
    that's exactly why

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by JSHidaka View Post
    Don't really think the upgrade will be done with "trials" since anyone in the middle of "Afterglow" trial wouldn't be able to do it (unlikely someone to be there, but possible), and IIRC they said they wont be using trials for it, that's why ppl was calling it more a revamp than an upgrade, but now including "gear"... no idea wth they going to do... AF(1) +2, AF2(relic)+3 AF3(empy)+3...... guess we will see in 45sh days..
    I don't think SE ever implied they were upgrading AF2 or AF3 in this update.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    that's exactly why
    Seriously, how can you not see why people are salty at this? It's been a horrible gap of no fun content and people have dropped like flies since ARR release. I get you really like FFXI Draylo, but try to think about it from a logical stance.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    that's exactly why
    Because FFXIV finally should be able to support itself without my 12.95 going towards it. Since its "oh so awesome" afterall.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast