1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 12 hours, 55 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -3 hours, -56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ah, thanks. Looks like even with max GP melds and food the best I could hope for is 650. That would allow Leaf Turn 2 + Toil + Field Mastery... but meh.

I just use the yield+2 skills and field mastery, HQ mats really don't concern me when you can HQ anything with NQ mats.

I don't even bother HQing stuff like DS nuggets or twinthread, it's a pain in the ass to do and really unnecessary when you can drag out 80 dura synths to 20+ turns building a Byregot's that doesn't even need Great Strides to get 100%.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Also remember that the more GP you rely on for Unspoiled Nodes, the longer you're going to be standing around doing nothing waiting on it to regen.

I don't even use field mastery, because I'm that impatient.

The node only pops once a day, it's not like you don't have time for it to regen...

(or if you're going after multiple nodes at different times of day, they're far enough apart to regen your GP just fine)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    The node only pops once a day, it's not like you don't have time for it to regen...

(or if you're going after multiple nodes at different times of day, they're far enough apart to regen your GP just fine)
    Once a day or not, unless you're actually on your DoL job already, you're going to be sitting there for 5+ minutes waiting on it to regen. Of course you have time, but it's wasted time.

Case in point: I was recently leveling CUL and I was doing the Dark Vinegar leve out in Costa Del Sol. I noticed that it was around the time for Prickly Pineapples to pop. I switched over to my BTN and had to wait nearly 6 minutes of doing nothing before I could gather from it with optimum efficiency.

Well there's a different between reliance and just getting more for your time, with yield +2 skill you're getting 25 [item] instead of 15.

Worth the 5 mins it takes to get 500GP to almost double your hourly yield.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Or you know... You can use a pot to regen your GP.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well there's a different between reliance and just getting more for your time, with yield +2 skill you're getting 25 [item] instead of 15.

Worth the 5 mins it takes to get 500GP to almost double your hourly yield.
    The tooltip for Blessed Harvest says it's only for a single gathering attempt, not the entire thing. It it wrong and/or hasn't been updated?

I just use the yield+2 skills and field mastery, HQ mats really don't concern me when you can HQ anything with NQ mats.

I don't even bother HQing stuff like DS nuggets or twinthread, it's a pain in the ass to do and really unnecessary when you can drag out 80 dura synths to 20+ turns building a Byregot's that doesn't even need Great Strides to get 100%.
    You say that, but my LW will full HQ gear, Byregot's, and a whole bunch of other cross class skills still can't always hit 100%.

I've never failed to HQ 80 dura 1* synths with NQ mats, I've made full HQ sets of 7 DoH and 2 DoL and countless other milita pieces for DoW/M for SBing.

Also the tooltip isn't incorrect, just poorly worded, it means you get +2 items per single attempt for the duration of the node.

edit: well, to be more accurate I have failed them but it wasn't due to limited resources but rather me not paying attention (ie. I forgot to use food before the synth, or the food wore off in the middle of a synth and I wound up at 195/197 progress at the end)

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ah, indeed it is very poor wording then. And all this time I thought it was so useless that I didn't even bother to use it a single time.

As for crafting, either you have insanely good luck or almost every single cross class skill. Are you on a legacy server or something? I've made a handful of nq DoH armor because Byregots + Hasty + Careful + TotT simply wasn't enough to overcome bad luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    As for crafting, either you have insanely good luck or almost every single cross class skill.
    The latter, legacy.

Except that item recovery one from CUL (be finishing CUL to 50 sometime, because my armoury chest isn't fking packed enough as it is).

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

(be finishing CUL to 50 sometime, because my armoury chest isn't fking packed enough as it is).
    Tangential but for any aspiring Botanists in the I guess 41-45 zone: get apples in Coerthas. A lot of them. 54 apples = ~300k xp on a particular CUL 40 leve.

edit:
    Made by Apple in Coerthas - 32049 xp, 590 gil
    Town, Triple
    3 Apple Juice

What's this leve you say? -_O

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    What's this leve you say? -_O
    Lv40 CUL leve in Limsa. Apple Juice x3 (also, it's the repeatable kind of leve, so 9 apple juices per full turn-in). Leve counter -> Bango Zango (LL Aetheryte Plaza). Super easy, just uses up a fuckton of apples. You'll only be getting 300k if you turn in all 9 HQ Apple Juices though.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've been selling those apples for days now. :3

I still haven't started churning out Crafting leves, but am I missing something and 300k xp per Leve not a lot?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

That's like 2/3rds of a level and a single-mat synth for CUL which is kind of a rarity. Good enough that I just spammed it to 50 personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Tangential but for any aspiring Botanists in the I guess 41-45 zone: get apples in Coerthas. A lot of them. 54 apples = ~300k xp on a particular CUL 40 leve.

edit:
    Way ahead of you.

A profitable (er, useful I guess, I don't really sell mats) evening in Coerthas (spruce/vamp plants/DS ore).

edit: hahaha, holy shit. I just checked my alt/mule, which I haven't touched since 2.0, and she's got almost 200 apple juice sitting among the ton of food junk I threw on her forever ago in 1.0

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Has anyone compiled a list of leves/crafts/drops worth going for along the levels? Kinda curious.