Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

New castings

• Robin Lord Taylor - Oswald Cobblepot a.k.a. the Penguin
      The guy looks creepy as hell. "With the brains of a chess grandmaster and the morals of a jackal, Cobblepot is a low-level psychopath for gangster Fish Mooney, and hides his sadistic lust for power behind an exquisitely polite demeanor."
    • Sean Pertwee - Alfred Pennyworth
      Described a "tough-as-nails ex-marine from East London, Pennyworth has loyally served the Wayne family. Now, in the wake of their tragic deaths, he’s fiercely protective of the young Bruce Wayne — the boy who will eventually become Batman."
    • Erin Richards - Barbara Kean
      The fiance of Detective Gordon (McKenzie). A sophisticated emergency doctor, Kean stands by her husband amid the corrupt world of Gotham.
    • Zabryna Guevara - Captain Essen
      Detective Gordon’s boss at the Gotham City Police Department Homicide Squad. "Essen balances the two worlds of police and politics with a Machiavellian skill that’s as much corporate litigator as cop."

http://geektyrant.com/news/the-pengu...tham-tv-series
    http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/foxs...th-1201097899/

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Penguin casting make sense, in terms of creepy looks at least. Also love Sean Pertwee.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

I'm surprised they're including Essen.

For those who aren't familiar:
    Spoiler: show
    If I remember correctly, Gordon cheats on his wife with Essen, but then she leaves Gotham, comes back after he's divorced, and then they eventually get married.
    Spoiler: show
    And then the Joker kills her at the end of No Man's Land because she comes to save a bunch of babies, not Batman..

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

she's fucking sexy

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I was actually interested in this because I'm a sucker for anything noir, but now it's all about a teenage batman? Fuck that.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xno Kappa View Post
    I was actually interested in this because I'm a sucker for anything noir, but now it's all about a teenage batman? Fuck that.
    Think the series takes place a few months after his parents are killed, so Batman is probably like 8 years old. Don't think he's gonna pop up every episode, either.

apparently donal logue is gonna be harvey bullock. this is good because donal logue is awesome, watch terriers if you guys need a refresher

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was way more interested in this when I thought it was going to be like those anime that came out when Batman Begins did around the corrupt police force. Now, I'll probably wait until season 2 is finished to even check into it.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

that's optimistic

the best way to make sure a show gets to season 2 is to not watch season 1

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Rumor is that there's a draft of the script for the pilot out there. io9 posted their impressions, and here's the part that got to me:
    And boy, does Gotham want you to know it's a Batman show, despite its lack of Batman. The show clearly has no faith in its premise, because it simply screams everything that eventually becomes a part of the Batman mythos, as if it knows people would rather be watching a show about regular Batman and his villains. It's like it's concerned that it will only be seen by people who have never seen a Batman movie or read a Batman comic before. Those people might appreciate the fact that whenever young henchman Oswald Cobblepot shows up, someone mentions "He looks like a penguin" every single time, but for everyone who even has a passing knowledge of Bat-lore, it's like being bludgeoned to death with the Bat-signal.

That's the sort of thing that can be overcome in later episodes. Gotham's second problem is Gordon and Bullock, who somehow manage to twist the rich comics characters into a standard "naïve young rookie cop partnered with jaded, disillusioned older cop who cut corners." Bullock, played by the excellent Donal Logue, reads pretty much like every cop character Logue has ever played, which means he's a bit more of a charming slacker than the gruff, bitter Bullock we know from the comics and cartoons, which is fine.

But young Jim Gordon is painfully naïve. I understand Gotham wants to contrast Gordon's idealism with the grim realities of Gotham City, but it does so at the cost of making its lead character often look like a moron. Gordon is supposed to have grown up in Gotham, and yet he's constantly boggled at every single crime that happens. Gordon does awaken somewhat to Gotham's grim realities by the end of the pilot, so hopefully later episodes will feature a more savvy Gordon, one who can navigate the treachery of Gotham's underworld and politics.
    http://io9.com/what-we-learned-from-...epi-1530515272

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I never said I wanted it to go to season 2, but if there is any broadcast network to cancel a show after 1 season, it's Fox. I will trust the heavy hammer of crap show justice this time.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print...ne-selina-kyle
    "Gotham" -- which WBTV really wants you to know is a Commissioner Gordon origin story and *not* a Batman prequel -- has cast youthful versions of two characters who are going to be really, really, really familiar to comic book, TV and movie fans.

The FOX drama, already ordered to series for the 2014-2015 TV season, has confirmed casting for the roles of Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle. See, I told you that you'd heard of them.

He's the future man they call Batman!

She's the future woman they call Catwoman!

But for now, they're still just kids.

David Mazouz ("Touch") has been cast as the preteen Bruce Wayne. The pilot features the traumatic event that sets the forces in motion for Wayne to eventually don the cowl, but we're a long way from that occurring. As the show begins, Bruce Wayne is just a sad kid under the watchful eye of Alfred Pennyworth (Sean Pertwee) and starting and new acquaintanceship with Detective James Gordon (Ben McKenzie) of the Gotham PD.

Wayne is, of course, a role that has been played by the likes of Val Kilmer and George Clooney.

In addition to his two-season run on "Touch," Mazouz's credits include episodes of "Major Crimes," "Criminal Minds" and "The Office."

Meanwhile, Camren Bicondova will play Selina Kyle. The official description says that Kyle is "a teenage orphan who is suspicious and wholly unpredictable. A street thief and skilled pickpocket, she’s dangerous when cornered." In the pilot, she's more of a lurking force on Gotham's periphery.

Bicondova is probably best known as one of the members of 8 Flavahz, an all-female dance crew that finished as runners-up in the seventh season of "America's Best Dance Crew." Like "Gotham," "America's Best Dance Crew" is a part of the Warner Brothers family, hailing from Warner Horizon TV. The diminutive Bicondova comes equipped with a healthy Twitter following and today we can be amused by a profile that contains the hashtags #DontBEaCOPYCAT #justBEaCAT.

Bruno Heller wrote the "Gotham" pilot script, which will be directed by Danny Cannon.

This now completes the casting of regular "Gotham" roles.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Donal Logue as detective Harvey Bullock

Synopsis
    Growing up in Gotham City's surrounding suburbs, James Gordon (Ben McKenzie, “Southland,” “The O.C.”) romanticized the city as a glamorous and exciting metropolis where his late father once served as a successful district attorney. Now, two weeks into his new job as a Gotham City detective and engaged to his beloved fiancée, Barbara Kean (Erin Richards, Open Grave, “Breaking In”), Gordon is living his dream – even as he hopes to restore the city back to the pure version he remembers it was as a kid.

Brave, honest and ready to prove himself, the newly-minted detective is partnered with the brash, but shrewd police legend Harvey Bullock (Donal Logue, “Sons of Anarchy,” “Terriers,” “Vikings,” “Copper”), as the two stumble upon the city's highest-profile case ever: the murder of local billionaires Thomas and Martha Wayne. At the scene of the crime, Gordon meets the sole survivor: the Waynes' hauntingly intense 12-year-old son, Bruce (David Mazouz, “Touch”), toward whom the young detective feels an inexplicable kinship. Moved by the boy's profound loss, Gordon vows to catch the killer.

As he navigates the often-underhanded politics of Gotham's criminal justice system, Gordon will confront imposing gang boss Fish Mooney (Jada Pinkett Smith, The Matrix films, “HawthoRNe,” Collateral), and many of the characters who will become some of fiction's most renowned, enduring villains, including a teenaged Selina Kyle/the future Catwoman (acting newcomer Camren Bicondova) and Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin (Robin Lord Taylor, “The Walking Dead,” Another Earth).

Although the crime drama will follow Gordon's turbulent and singular rise through the Gotham City police department, led by Police Captain Sarah Essen (Zabryna Guevara, “Burn Notice”), it also will focus on the unlikely friendship Gordon forms with the young heir to the Wayne fortune, who is being raised by his unflappable butler, Alfred (Sean Pertwee, "Camelot," “Elementary”). It is a friendship that will last them all of their lives, playing a crucial role in helping the young boy eventually become the crusader he's destined to be.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Camren Bicondova as a young Selina Kyle