+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham (...coming to FOX)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The trailer doesnt look too bad but where is this shit going? I mean there can't be any resolution to anyones story because all those characters cross paths with Batman later on. If they eventually brought in young batman that would be really interesting but right now I don't know

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

If they did bring batman in, it would probably be the last episode of the series. Like how smallville had Clark as superman in the last episode. That's my theory anyways.

Banned.

BG Level

Trailer shows a VERY young Bruce, they would have to run the series for a few seasons (in FOX no less) or do some awesome timeskips. Not even Batman can save this Glee Gotham edition

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Without their superpowers every batman villain is just a crazy person. This could just end up being another police procedural with long story arcs. But Hannibal has already tread that path and skullfucked anybody's chances at getting the formula any better.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin View Post
    Trailer shows a VERY young Bruce, they would have to run the series for a few seasons (in FOX no less) or do some awesome timeskips. Not even Batman can save this Glee Gotham edition
    I think they've said the current plan is for the series to end when Bruce puts on the costume. But, I feel the series' plan to involve young Bruce is going to kinda ruin the progression from Bruce to Batman. Even if this show goes for twenty years (which let's face it, it won't), Bruce shouldn't be there for large parts of it. He needs to be out in the world training, not being an angsty teen with Gordon.

Young Bruce Wayne character was in the series Touch with Kiefer Sutherland for 2 seasons. Unfortunately he was mute whole entire series. So hope he talks unlike Touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    I think they've said the current plan is for the series to end when Bruce puts on the costume. But, I feel the series' plan to involve young Bruce is going to kinda ruin the progression from Bruce to Batman. Even if this show goes for twenty years (which let's face it, it won't), Bruce shouldn't be there for large parts of it. He needs to be out in the world training, not being an angsty teen with Gordon.
    The angsty teen Bruce would just be a nail in the coffin for the show in my opinion. If I was a show runner for this I'd do a quick progression like the Vikings did (son of the main character goes from like 10ish to 16 between season 1 and 2). They could have Bruce witness how futile the efforts to stop crime in Gotham are by observing Gordons struggle, goes to train (do a season at that point where Gordon is involved in cases that follow origins of some super villains), Bruce comes back and do kind of a Year Zero thing where shit leads up to him becoming Batman.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Without their superpowers every batman villain is just a crazy person. This could just end up being another police procedural with long story arcs. But Hannibal has already tread that path and skullfucked anybody's chances at getting the formula any better.
    Is Hannibal worth checking out? and is it good from the get go or does a player need patience? I hate needing patience

Hannibal is amazing

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

def worth checking out

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

I WILL DO IT BROS

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Hannibal does not waste your fucking time. It is intense from the opening scene forward.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

And apparently there's plans to bring the Joker in at some point..

I feel this is supposed to be an of course moment, but I also feel it's making my Nope bigger..

http://www.fox.com/gotham/

Their casting choices..holy hell...at least Bullock and Alfred look decent.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

If Bullock is bad I don't see this show working on any level. I want at least one person acting like this is just how Gotham is, no matter how savage the aftermath.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Official Synopsis, new promo caps

Spoiler: show

GOTHAM traces the rise of the great DC Comics Super-Villains and vigilantes, revealing an entirely new chapter that has never been told. From executive producer/writer Bruno Heller (“The Mentalist,” “Rome”) and starring Ben McKenzie (“Southland,” “The O.C.”), Jada Pinkett Smith (“Hawthorne,” “Collateral”) and Donal Logue (“Vikings,” “Sons of Anarchy”), GOTHAM follows one cop, destined for greatness, as he navigates a dangerously corrupt city teetering on the edge of evil, and chronicles the birth of one of the most popular super heroes of our time.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

New trailer:

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

eh

BG Content
    BG Level