FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    Spoiler: show
    When he went after the cop, I thought for sure his face was white and his hair was green. Like I was really excited, then no
    I was referring to Professor Pyg. They won't use Joker ever.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholai View Post
    Anyone else still watching this or just me? I still like it, don't think it's as good as Arrow is right now, but that started not near as good as it is now either. The show is really being carried by Gordon, Bullock, and The Penguin right now but I think it can work long term.
    I'm still watching and hoping it gets better. The show still lacks direction for me though

E. Body
    BG Level

Really? I liked this ep. I thought it had penguin doing a fantastic job. Fish is annoying as hell. The bruce wayne story isn't good, but kinda makes sense. And Gordon storyline is pretty good, with Bullock walking a fine line between asshole and good guy.

I even liked the ballonman. It was too blatant on views of vigilantes, but was going in the right direction. Still tho, Jim Gordon's views on him kinda seem hypocritical with the shit we know, but maybe his views will change with the show. Hell, they kinda pretty much don't change til batman really comes around

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    I was referring to Professor Pyg. They won't use Joker ever.
    Missed the first episode, and a few minutes of stuff here and there of the next two, but I was getting some vibes from the waiter guy with his arm in a sling. When his boss lady ordered his death, I started thinking something would go wrong and he would eventually become the Joker. Its a gut feeling, and if they already established a name for him that I missed, I could be completely off target.

Bruce Wayne is completely superfluous to this show and needs to stop getting screen time.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    Missed the first episode, and a few minutes of stuff here and there of the next two, but I was getting some vibes from the waiter guy with his arm in a sling. When his boss lady ordered his death, I started thinking something would go wrong and he would eventually become the Joker. Its a gut feeling, and if they already established a name for him that I missed, I could be completely off target.
    Will never happen because they will never tell a Joker origin story.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    "Hey man, anyone ever told you you walk like a penguin?"
    Last name Cobblepot.

They only really mention a couple times (near end of ep1 and beginning before opening title in ep2.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

@ Xantavia - the waiter guy was called Lazlo.

I just caught up on the first 3 episodes. Episode 1 was kinda cheesy but the show's growing on me. It's perhaps unintentionally funny sometimes.

Where have they mentioned not introducing the Joker? I mean, why couldn't he have been the Waynes' killer? The mob and the cops framed Pepper, but did I miss it when they said who actually killed them?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The Wayne's death was supposed to be a random act of violence. It is the catalyst to his desire to become Batman. He realizes that it didn't didn't matter who killed them, the city was to corrupt. Only Tim Burton didn't get this.
    They may have not said the won't use Joker, but they won't. He is the antithesis to Batman. Without Batman, there is no Joker. Since Batman doesn't exist yet, using him would be horrible. The closest I could see is using the original Red Hood.
    Similarly, they won't use Two Face, Hush, etc.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Well Harvey Dent is already guaranteed to appear though in a recurring role with the possibility of being a regular. Any of those villains could be used just not in their villainous identity yet like those we've already seen.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Joker is more because, outside of the Tim Burton movie, DC has never revealed a true origin for the character.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Joker is more because, outside of the Tim Burton movie, DC has never revealed a true origin for the character.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman:_The_Killing_Joke

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Joker has like 10 origins. Hell, they just wrote a new one with Year Zero.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

FOX announced that "Gotham" has received a back-six pickup, bringing its first season to 22 episodes.
    Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print...hsCZo7Oe7EO.99

Sea Torques
    BG Level

In a new interview Bruno Heller (Writer/EP) stated they WILL be doing an origin story for the Joker, along with scarecrow, but didn't reveal any timeline yet. No source because it's part of a promo video at my jobs database, but it looks like Joker will be happening.

So Venom huh. Meh episode and I feel like they are throwing these easter eggs because they want to tease those who know about them but how is normal viewer reacting to them? It just reminded me how much I liked Batman/Venom story and Knightsfall and that the show will probably never get there

Zombie Apocalypse Princess

BG Level

Ok, Nigma sniffing the Records Annex woman as she walked by is a whole new level of creepy...

Is it purely coincidence that Cobblepot was clenching his fist in the bathtub to make the "water fountain" effect?...

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

It's nice that they ended the episode at the precinct instead of with the arrest.
    Fucking Grimm cliffhanger avoided.

Is this show getting any better? I haven't watched the last two episodes because I can't fucking stand it.

I want to like it, and I think it's a great idea, but fuck, some (most) of the writing is horrible and goddamn Fish Mooney can just go die somewhere. So. Much. Overacting.

I can't deal with it, and I agree that they need to make the Bruce Wayne moments just... either not a thing, or not every episode.

Someone say something positive about the last two episodes. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstalker View Post
    Is this show getting any better? I haven't watched the last two episodes because I can't fucking stand it.

I want to like it, and I think it's a great idea, but fuck, some (most) of the writing is horrible and goddamn Fish Mooney can just go die somewhere. So. Much. Overacting.

I can't deal with it, and I agree that they need to make the Bruce Wayne moments just... either not a thing, or not every episode.

Someone say something positive about the last two episodes. haha
    It's not getting any better. Actually, it's the worst type of story in my opinion. They rely too much on Batman mythology without Batman. Young Bruce is annoying and they don't let Jim stand on his own and actually accomplish something. He's just a guy that gets constantly pushed around and stumbles across Batman easter eggs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast