1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 5 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 4 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Achievements, the end all be all of endgame XIV. :cough:

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aratharn Xiv
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

They also have access to the post-turn5 quest in Waking Sands!

Quote Originally Posted by Camate
    Greetings,

We understand that the mechanics of Twintania are a very hot topic in the community currently and I would like to clarify a couple of things.

First, I would like to clarify something about the bug report flow as we've seen many comments about this in the past. Bugs that have been moved to the "Accepted Bugs" forum are those that have sufficient information to be investigated. Although a reported bug was moved to the "Accepted Bug" forum does not mean that what was reported is an actual confirmed bug. Apologies for any confusion related to this process.

Next, there have been a lot of comments about how surviving Twintania's "Twister" ability is seemingly random. Please know that it is not random and that the development team has adjusted the difficulty of this battle to be of the highest level that is in the game currently. With that said though, it was still designed to be beaten. While we definitely cannot comment on strategy, we believe that a valiant group will be able to defeat Twintania.
    From the official forums.

New Odin
    BG Level

Fucking pathetic how easily people cry that shit is bugged once they can't figure the battle mechanics out in 5 mins. And if they do figure it out then shit is too easy and the company sucks for catering to casuals.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

The trick to beating turn 5 is putting elemental resist materia in your equipment.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

(Point and laugh at the village idiot if this doesn't hold true in Coil; haven't gone beyond lolturn1 yet but...) not like every other boss in the game isn't a completely scripted fight. Idiots saying any boss mechanics are completely random are just silly.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Anyone that got to Twister phase would tell you that shit was random. Sometimes it was easily avoidable but most times it wasn't. Camate trying to make out there's some little hidden mechanic behind them but the truth is that boss is riddled with bugs and they are rolling on luck based mechanics so they can drag that shit out as long as possible.

New Odin
    BG Level

Yeah that's exactly what I'm hearing too.

We will freaking GET GUD as soon as they open up f*cking Turn 5 again. Before they decided to shut it down twister was only a minor problem for us, not even progression blocking.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Given the controversy over Twintania, screenshots mean jack shit.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by LidenbokValour View Post
    Camate trying to make out there's some little hidden mechanic.
    There really aren't many (any?) non-obvious mechanics in the game like that, so I'd find that pretty surprising.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Bug Twintania > Take that screenshot and crop the hell out of it.

Not hard to fake this.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Yeah, saw that on the OF and I honestly immediately thought "bullshit"

However, I want to believe. Twintania is a cuntwaffle and I want to kill it.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Hyan View Post
    Post the entire screenshot and try again, kthx

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Aratharn View Post
    They also have access to the post-turn5 quest in Waking Sands!
    tbh this makes me the most angry of anything

New Odin
    BG Level

Yeah, obviously. "Anyone that got to twister phase would tell you that shit was random". And those who happen to say otherwise must be simply faking it.

Seriously if it just so happens to be that the twister is indeed working as intended and people beat it legitimately there will be no end to the facepalms that will ensue.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Anyone that got that far in the fight legit would agree with me, that is why I am showing doubt. Why dont you put up the full screenshot and prove me wrong?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHo3AewOwog

Working as intended.

Pulled the footage from a reddit post last week, pretty much sums it up.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

He's just trying to whiteknight and argue with you for the fuck of it. He has no experience with the fight and is simply arguing because he wants to. You won't get anywhere, even though I agree with you.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

The Twintania hp bar SS is from Alv, who is in my FC. I am almost 100% sure you are being trolled here.

Honestly, the twister mechanic is probably working fine (assuming you just pre-run out of twister as it's being cast - I haven't seen any notable patterns?), just like the SE rep noted. The problem might be the server sometimes thinks you're still at point x even though you've already moved to point y so the twister just sometime decides to instantly kill you. I honestly have no idea, we've tried updating our positions by starting spell casts while moving/jumping but there hasn't been anything that's been 100% effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    The Twintania hp bar SS is from Alv, who is in my FC. I am almost 100% sure you are being trolled here.

Honestly, the twister mechanic is probably working fine (assuming you just pre-run out of twister as it's being cast - I haven't seen any notable patterns?), just like the SE rep noted. The problem might be the server sometimes thinks you're still at point x even though you've already moved to point y so the twister just sometime decides to instantly kill you. I honestly have no idea, we've tried updating our positions by starting spell casts while moving/jumping but there hasn't been anything that's been 100% effective.
    Notice how it always hit everyone too. I mean, if it was just lag or being slightly too slow you'd see one person survive.

All I can add is that Titan was the same way when it first came out. You had to do the same thing where you were already running when weight of the land was cast. We would all sit on the edge and run to the middle, and that worked most of the time. When it didn't work, everyone got hit which I always found odd. When they added 0.5 seconds to weight it become possible to always dodge, but before that it reminds me of Titan.

There is probably nothing anyone can do about it, besides to be so geared to the teeth they can run a third healer and still have enough dps.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Twister is instant kill, adding another healer does nothing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast