FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars

Hi everyone! We’ve been a bit tight-lipped about our current projects over here at UFG, but we’re finally able to give you a little something.

So, we’re making a new game! We can’t say a lot about it right now, but you might have read about a trademark registration for something called Triad Wars? Well, we’re super-excited that it’s another game based in the Sleeping Dogs universe, it’s something we’ve wanted to do for ages, and we’re very happy to be working with Square Enix again… but that’s all we can give you for the time being – we’ll have more information about what the game’s going to be in 2014.

As always, we love to hear your thoughts and appreciate your shared interest in the games we make – although to reiterate, we really can’t share any more details until 2014 (despite your best efforts to get them, you sneaky people!)

Love, UFG
    http://www.unitedfrontgames.com/2013/10/news-from-ufg/
    http://www.trademarkia.com/triad-wars-86077877.html

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Fuck yes. Take my money.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

facebook game

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    facebook game
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Square Enix and United Front Games are currently working on a followup to Sleeping Dogs called Triad Wars. There is currently little information about the project, and more is expected to be shared in 2014. But United Front decided to tweet a blurry, off-screen image of the game a little bit beforehand.

“A li’l bit of Christmas on designer Matt’s desk,” United Front said in a tweet, the right-aligned image attached.

“Is that a screen of #PS4 Sleeping Dogs?” one fan asked.

“Triad Wars!” United Front confirmed in response.
    http://gematsu.com/2013/12/first-blu...-of-triad-wars
    https://twitter.com/UnitedFrontGame/...34525457776640
    https://twitter.com/UnitedFrontGame/...16511913848833

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I like that they kept my favorite environment kill from the first game. DEATH BY SWORDFISH.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Even though the user agreement says streaming is not allowed, it looks like United Front (the developer) is actively promoting streaming. Also, if you have an SE account and don't want to go through the beta registration process, here is an extra code that they sent me;

Register to see the NSFW content

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Played this for a few hours yesterday. It can be fun, but it can also be rage-worthy frustrating. The combat is fun when it works. Driving with keyboard and mouse is like bashing your head against a wall. And base building seems to favor the cash shop.
    There is no multiplayer, instead you're just invading other user's bases with their avatar as the boss. Almost all of the gear you can purchase through the cash shop has a time limit. Like a shirt lasts 1-3 days. You can purchase packs of cards for upgrades. You need to purchase these cards as it's the only way to aquire workers for your businesses. Downside is that the cards come in randomized packs and your never guaranteed something good.
    Driving... the camera is never in your favor. You can use the mouse to look around, but that affects the controls of the vehicle. Like if you move the camera to look behind you, forword becomes reverse. Also reverse will randomly get a nos boost the you can't stop until you hit a solid object.

I'll go more in depth later.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Played this for a few hours yesterday. It can be fun, but it can also be rage-worthy frustrating. The combat is fun when it works. Driving with keyboard and mouse is like bashing your head against a wall. And base building seems to favor the cash shop.
    There is no multiplayer, instead you're just invading other user's bases with their avatar as the boss. Almost all of the gear you can purchase through the cash shop has a time limit. Like a shirt lasts 1-3 days. You can purchase packs of cards for upgrades. You need to purchase these cards as it's the only way to aquire workers for your businesses. Downside is that the cards come in randomized packs and your never guaranteed something good.
    Driving... the camera is never in your favor. You can use the mouse to look around, but that affects the controls of the vehicle. Like if you move the camera to look behind you, forword becomes reverse. Also reverse will randomly get a nos boost the you can't stop until you hit a solid object.

I'll go more in depth later.
    All I needed to know. I think one will be a pass even though I'm a huge fan of Sleeping Dogs.