Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Disgaea 5: Alliance of Vengeance (PS4/Switch)

Although it was confirmed at the 2012 Anime Expo, information has been scarce. Thanks to an interview with NIS president Souhei Niikawa by Siliconera, we now have some more information on the game.

Where do you want to take the Disgaea series next? Can you give us a keyword or a concept for Disgaea 5?

[Laughs] I don’t know if I can say it yet… We have started working on it. What I can say now is we want Disgaea to appeal to a broader audience so we can expand our fanbase beyond the niche audience we have now. We are working on a story that can be enjoyed by a wider user base as well as different characters that will be enjoyed by them.
    After Disgaea D2 came out in Japan you announced Disgaea 4 for Vita. Are you thinking about synchronizing releases in the future like if Disgaea 5 came out it would be released for Vita and PlayStation 3 or 4.

As of right now, we don’t have any plans of doing a simultaneous release on console. If we do a simultaneous release on console and handhelds, some of the things that are unique to the handheld version, for example the traveling feature in Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention, the game would only sell on handhelds which would be bad for us.

From our standpoint, since portable devices aren’t really doing well outside of Japan. It’s better for us to release the game on console first because consoles do well in and outside of Japan and then go from there.

If we were just thinking about Japan we could probably just release all of our games on handheld devices, but we we want our fans outside of Japan to enjoy the games as well, which is why we want to release the games on consoles.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/10/04...sgaeas-appeal/

More details
    Spoiler: show
    Nippon Ichi’s president Sohei Niikawa spoke to Dengeki and portions of the interview leaked online. Nippon Ichi will focus on PlayStation 3 and Vita development in the future, but they haven’t given up on PSP. Niikawa says Nippon Ichi will make otome or girls games for PSP. Right now, Nippon Ichi is working on their next PlayStation Vita title. Hmm… I wonder if it’s Disgaea 4 Portable?

Niikawa acknowledged fan requests to continue the horror adventure game series Hayarigami and said he’ll consider this. Nippon Ichi recently published a PlayStation Vita game that had players investigate paranormal events as a journalist.

Disgaea 5 will be like other numbered Disgaea titles with a new world setting and characters. I wouldn’t be surprised if Laharl showed up in the game though. He’s in almost as many NIS games as Prinny.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2012/11/07...r-otome-games/

Nippon Ichi Software CEO Sohei Niikawa recently told Dengeki Online that the scenario of Disgaea 5 is currently in its preparation stage. Although the game is only in the early stages, he intends for it to surpass the first Disgaea.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/15...ite-nis-games/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Lol looks like an older laharl. I hate how they release the console game first and then handheld with more content.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Maybe a reason to get a PS4. 2015 the year of RPG - KH3 and FFXV?!? Eh maybe PS5

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Lol looks like an older laharl. I hate how they release the console game first and then handheld with more content.
    Don't worry, we'll get a portable version in 2020 after we get D2 on Vita in 2017.

If they consider PS4 as a platform, it'd be nice if they made the move to vectorized/polygonal/whatever sprites or something to prevent the series-long issue of the low-rez art being an eye-sore during some of the extravagant attacks.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I'm not opposed to making Disgaea appeal to a broader audience. After all, if you look at what they changed in D2, they were already making the series more acceptable—and in ways that didn't offend any existing fans (that I'm aware of, though there surely were exceptions). I'm pleased that they gave Laharl's lot one last hurrah, too, as putting them in the limelight for what may well be the last "traditional" Disgaea was a respectful decision.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I am so pumped up for this. This might make me actually get a PS4. I've been playing D2 recently for the first time and if they can improve upon that then I'll be very happy.

Somehow, the only thing that comes to mind when I read this news is...they're getting rid of all the lolis.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I still need to clear D4.

I've been trying to do them in order but as expected it takes ages to clear any one game satisfactorily. Nearly done with 3 though, should pick up 4 on Vita then grind it out by November. Played D2 for a little bit but the story wasn't compelling and the hub world layout was irritating so I'm going back to doing things in order so I don't burn out changing contexts so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    Somehow, the only thing that comes to mind when I read this news is...they're getting rid of all the lolis.
    Seems unlikely. Etna/Flonne will certainly return since they always make guest appearances, at the very least. Plus every character in this game has a babyface, so the character design is unlikely to be a huge departure from previous entries. They seem to be largely focused on making the story and characters 'more accessible,' whatever that means.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I too was disappointed with D2's story, but as I'd expressed in its thread, I hadn't expected much. I enjoyed seeing Laharl, Etna, and Flonne in the spotlight again, even if I wasn't much for the story they were placed in. I suppose I'll always have to warmly remember the original Disgaea, and accept that, story-wise, none of its successors will rival it.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    I suppose I'll always have to warmly remember the original Disgaea, and accept that, story-wise, none of its successors will rival it.
    http://i.minus.com/iNQZJXICzlzWI.jpg

'scuse me a sec...gotta deal with these...seasonal allergies...

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Absolutely one of my favorite moments and related songs in any RPG, ever.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

ITS THE BEST

Actually.. playing them at the same time, the NA version is spot on surprisingly.
    Still sounds wierd though.

NA version is my shit...nostalgic as fuck. Either way that whole section in D1 is easily the best in the series. That, and techno angel death battles. Also Midboss, gdi I love D1.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

BRING BACK MAJIN

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    NA version is my shit...nostalgic as fuck. Either way that whole section in D1 is easily the best in the series. That, and techno angel death battles. Also Midboss, gdi I love D1.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Announced for PS4

http://disgaea.jp/5/

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

First Details
    The amount of characters that can be displayed on-screen has seen a significant increase thanks to PlayStation 4, jumping from 10 on PS3 to 100 on PlayStation 4. There will be new systems, too.

According to Nippon Ichi Software president Sohei Niikawa, they thought about making the game multi-platform with PlayStation 3, but wanted to make something that can only be done on PlayStation 4.

The game’s story is themed around the concept of “revenge.” Dengeki PlayStation introduces the first three characters this week:

• Kiria (voiced by Mamoru Miyano) – The protagonist. A young demon boy who swears revenge on the “Demon Emperor Void Dark.”
    • Seraphine (voiced by Sarah Emi Bridcutt) – The heroine. The sheltered princess and daughter of “Gorgeous Underworld”‘s demon king.
    • Usaria (voiced by Satomi Akesaka) – The demon king of “Rabbit Rabbit World,” cursed to go berserk if she does not eat curry.

But perhaps the biggest news, the next issue of Dengeki PlayStation will include a product code to download a trial version of Disgaea 5.

Disgaea 5 is due out for PlayStation 4 in Japan in spring 2015. The standard edition will cost 7,776 yen and the download edition 6,171 yen. A limited edition will cost 11,016 yen. A first-print limited edition will include a Niitengo Usaria and Yellow Prinny, art book, soundtrack CD, and downloadable content.

Development is currently 60 percent complete.
    http://gematsu.com/2014/09/disgaea-5...gest-entry-yet
    http://gamestalk.net/disgaea5/
    http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/40642742.html

I'm getting a D2 vibe. Please don't let it be so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast